Play calling

bpalmer28

What do you want to see out of Chaney?

Reading through the game threads every week, I see a lot of play call critics. Last night was no different. After just about every run play that didn’t work, I’d see a comment about Chaney not being creative or being too conservative. The critics got louder after the series that resulted in JG’s fumble, obviously, but what are those people expecting to see?

Our best advantage last night was our interior line, so we saw a lot of run plays up the middle. That makes sense to me, but apparently others just want to see us sling it around with a lame duck QB until 3rd or 4th down then pull a gimmick play out of our arse for the conversation! But this ain’t Madden.

Many times a called run up the middle is a good call. There’s nothing wrong with a conservative game plan when your team is mismatched, especially when the opponent averages 50 ppg and you have virtually no chance of winning a shootout.

Chaney had us in position to make it a one score game in the 4th quarter. What more do people want? Hats off to CJC for coming up with what I consider an excellent game plan last night and for calling a good game.

I thought Chaney called a good game last night. We missed some at QB, we dropped some at WR, two critical turnovers in the red zone, but they kept battling. They appeared to be ready, and the head coach...you could tell this game meant something and it looked like the players knew it too.

VN Store

Back