Pitt fan here. Ask me anything.

Want to know more about our team? Need suggestions on things to do around the Burgh? Ask away and I’ll be more than happy to respond. Tennessee was one of the most welcoming and accommodating fanbases we ever met last year, so I hope you all receive the same generosity from us.

Is the Strip District worth visiting or if it a tourist trap? I noticed you didn’t mention it on one of your replies. If it is worth going to, will it be hopping Friday night? Or will we find all we need to do over near the stadium? Thanks!

The last time I was in Pittsburgh, there was a van full of guys that unloaded wearing berets, I think they were called the guardian angles. Do they still protect the streets there?
I honestly have no clue. I know they're a national organization and have chapters in cities across the country, but I've never seen them personally. I'll see what I can find.

Want to know more about our team? Need suggestions on things to do around the Burgh? Ask away and I’ll be more than happy to respond. Tennessee was one of the most welcoming and accommodating fanbases we ever met last year, so I hope you all receive the same generosity from us.

If you get divorced, is your ex-wife still your sister?

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Is the Strip District worth visiting or if it a tourist trap? I noticed you didn’t mention it on one of your replies. If it is worth going to, will it be hopping Friday night? Or will we find all we need to do over near the stadium? Thanks!
I think it's worth a visit. I just didn't mention it because it's a little out of the way for anyone looking to stay next to/nearby the stadium. I will say that if you really want to make it worth your time, go past the Terminal (where the original Primanti's and Pamela's are located) and check out some of the hole-in-the-wall restaurants. My recommendations would be the Polish Deli. There's also several great Italian restaurants located along Penn Ave that, frankly, you can't go wrong visiting any of them. Additionally, I would recommend checking out the Heinz History Center if you go that way. There's several cool attractions there.

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
How does your new qb compare to Pickett?

Do you expect to win?
I think the biggest difference between Pickett and Slovis is that Slovis has much less mobility. He also was a little slower on his decision-making. With that being said, I didn't see much of a drop-off in terms of passing ability and we have a new offensive coordinator that is trying to build the offense around his strengths.

Personally, I think we can win but I'm not necessarily expecting to. Your offense gives me concerns and I think we'll still be working out some wrinkles with our new offense. Regardless, I'm expecting a good game.

I think the biggest difference between Pickett and Slovis is that Slovis has much less mobility. He also was a little slower on his decision-making. With that being said, I didn't see much of a drop-off in terms of passing ability and we have a new offensive coordinator that is trying to build the offense around his strengths.

Personally, I think we can win but I'm not necessarily expecting to. Your offense gives me concerns and I think we'll still be working out some wrinkles with our new offense. Regardless, I'm expecting a good game.
Whatever the number is... take the over in this game.

There will be a lot of points. Both teams will score more than 40.

Personally, I'm expecting TN to beat us in a one score game. Something like 52-45.

The Cathedral of Learning is one of the most incredible buildings ever placed on a college campus. Not a question, just wish UT had more of that on our grounds. Might as well have been Hogwarts, worth seeing for anyone visiting the Oakland area

Reactions: HailToPitt725
(Long post) In the mid-90s, the football program had been in disarray for about ten years and Pitt Stadium, home to Pitt football since 1925, was in desperate need of repairs. At the same time, we were also looking to replace our basketball arena, the Fitzgerald Fieldhouse, that was just as old and was too small for our fanbase.

Originally, there was a plan to renovate Pitt Stadium and build a new basketball arena on a vacant parking lot in front of the Cost Center (indoor turf field). However, the Steelers were looking for a new stadium around the same time. Pitt eventually hopped on the Heinz Field/UPMC SouthSide (practice facility) deal with the Steelers, tore down Pitt Stadium to build a new basketball arena, the Petersen Events Center, and the rest was history. There was definitely a lack of donors to fund both a Pitt Stadium renovation and a new basketball arena; moving football off-campus was a cheaper alternative to solving both facility problems. This was due to the lack of success at the time as well as the fact that then-AD Steve Pederson drove off the Golden Panthers, the booster club that funded our success in the 70s and 80s. That tarnished relationship has carried over to today and is why Pitt has one of the lowest donor rates among P5 programs.

With that being said, Pitt likely doesn’t join the ACC if we don’t move to Heinz Field. Our facilities were among the worst in the country for a power conference program and not having to renovate Pitt Stadium freed up funds to both build a new arena and build facilities for baseball, soccer, and softball. At the same time, it likely guaranteed that football would never return on-campus because Oakland, the neighborhood that houses the university, is land-locked with more and more properties being acquired by tech companies and housing developers. There simply is not enough room to build a new stadium on-campus, and buying up lots would run into the hundreds of millions of dollars. In my opinion, the only way Pitt football likely ever returns to campus is if the Pittsburgh VA Hospital, which resides next to the athletics neighborhood on campus, moves out and builds a new hospital elsewhere in the city
Solid answer for a stupid question. We’ll played.

Honestly, we can run the numbers and debate everything but once that ball leaves the tee after the first kickoff, it is all up in the air.

I don't think the separation is that great between either team so it will come down to who gets the breaks and who can make the plays.

VN Store

Back