Pitt fan here. Ask me anything.

Staying at the Weston...what's the walk like from there to the stadium?

Crazy, appreciate the post. Y’all are one of the best acc teams and they can’t give you your own stadium.? If y’all keep up the play from last season it’ll happen. Just do us a favor and ball out after next weekend.
I’d love it. Heinz makes for a great atmosphere when Penn State, WVU, or Notre Dame come to town, but it’s bigger than what we need the rest of the time. Our success the past 12 months has been fun to see because a lot of the pro sports/casual fans have begun to follow the team. Would love for every game to have the atmosphere the Backyard Brawl had on Thursday.

Staying at the Weston...what's the walk like from there to the stadium?
Not bad at all. The one thing to know is that the Clemente Bridge is closed to all traffic (including walking) because it’s receiving repairs. You’ll want to cross the 7th or 9th St Bridges and then make a left towards the stadium. If you want your walk to be a little more scenic, get off from the bridge and take the Three Rivers Heritage Trail along the river instead of going through the streets.

The last time I was in Pittsburgh, there was a van full of guys that unloaded wearing berets, I think they were called the guardian angles. Do they still protect the streets there?

In all seriousness how well do you think your DBs stack up to our WRs?
Hard to tell since I haven't watched much of Tennessee outside of our game last season. The secondary is still our weakness on defense and we lost our best corner back from last season- Damarri Mathis- to the NFL. However, Marquis Williams and MJ Devonshire, the CB who had the game-winning pick six, are back.

If it's anything like our previous three matchups against Josh Heupel, we're going to press and you're going to air it out. We'll break up most of your deep balls but will also get several PI/holding penalties called against us. Hooker concerns me because he has a cannon, but I think the Brawl benefitted us because WVU runs a similar offense and really tested our secondary. I think it will come down to our front seven getting pressure on Hooker.

Last edited:
Hard to tell since I haven't watched much of Tennessee outside of our game last season. The secondary is still our weakness on defense and we lost our best corner back from last season- Damarri Mathis- to the NFL. However, Marquis Williams and MJ Devonshire, the CB who had the game-winning pick six, are back.

If it's anything like our previous three matchups against Josh Heupel, we're going to press and you're going to air it out. We'll break up most of your deep balls but will also get several PI/holding penalties called against us. Hooker concerns me because he has a cannon, but I think the Brawl benefitted us because WVU runs a similar offense and took a ton of shot. I think it will come down to whether our front seven getting pressure on Hooker.

It's hard to gauge anything from our 49 point beatdown of Ball State.

Likewise, Slovis should be more comfortable in game 2.
As will our RBs.

Our WRs can get there's on anybody in jump ball situations. Pitt is a tough team. A team that knows how to win.

Vols added a lot if impact recruits from High school and Transfer portal. We're better than last year

Where's the best place to park? Price wise as well.
If you're looking to save money on parking, any of the downtown garages should cost about $6-8. From here, you can ride the subway (called the "T") from any of the four downtown stations over to the North Shore for free. This will take you straight to the stadium and, if you want to, can visit any of the tailgates in front of the stadium before the game. I've attached an image showing where all the garages and stations are located. If you download the ParkPGH app, this will also help come gameday.

Attachments

• Pgh_Garages_Stations.png
    Pgh_Garages_Stations.png
    437.5 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
It's hard to gauge anything from our 49 point beatdown of Ball State.

Likewise, Slovis should be more comfortable in game 2.
As will our RBs.

Our WRs can get there's on anybody in jump ball situations. Pitt is a tough team. A team that knows how to win.

Vols added a lot if impact recruits from High school and Transfer portal. We're better than last year
I hope our offense adjusts and tries to pass a little more to begin the game. We tried establishing the run in the first half and it just wasn't working with our offensive line. Slovis is an experienced passer and did a good job going through his progressions to find easy yardage. As for your receivers, I hope they aren't as big as WVU's were or else we will be at a disadvantage. Our defensive backs are very physical and decent in coverage, but they're also undersized.

Last edited:
Max's Allegheny Tavern is great if you like German food/beer. I hit that place up twice while in town at a conference a few years back.
This is a good suggestion. It's also right by the Steel Plaza station if you want to eat there before the game.

Reactions: tbh
If you're looking to save money on parking, any of the downtown garages should cost about $6-8. From here, you can ride the subway (called the "T") from any of the four downtown stations over to the North Shore for free using your ticket. This will take you straight to the stadium and, if you want to, can visit any of the tailgates in front of the stadium before the game. I've attached an image showing where all the garages and stations are located. If you download the ParkPGH app, this will also help come gameday.

This may be a dumb question. Is the subway safe and available after the game?

Reactions: HailToPitt725
I'm a Steelers fan. If we want a good season, it's going to have to be way sooner than that. Pickett proved last season he's the real deal.
I really want Pickett to succeed because, in my eyes, it would vindicate us passing on Marino in the 80s. He looked very calm and collected during the preseason. I was quite impressed by the passes he made in the Jacksonville game; several times he had pressure in his face yet stayed in the pocket and made big passes for first downs. He doesn't have the physical skills that most highly-drafted QBs possess, but he has all intangibles (touch, poise, football IQ) you look for in a franchise QB.

This may be a dumb question. Is the subway safe and available after the game?
Yes, I've never had an issue on it. I think this is because it only runs through the South Hills suburbs, the central business district/Station Square, and the North Shore; it avoids most of the high-crime areas in the city. There will also be other fans riding it, so you'll be safe in numbers.

As for its availability, it normally operates from 5:00 am to 12:00 am. However, there is a Pirates game at 6:35 the night of the game so it will likely stay open past midnight.

Last edited:
What did you think of your offense against WVa?
It was about what I expected to be honest. Like I said in another post, we tried too long to establish the run but Slovis looked good aside from the sacks he took. Narduzzi took the blame for those because they wouldn't blow plays dead in camp that would've otherwise ended with a QB sack, so Slovis' internal clock was likely messed up as a result.

I hope that we operate out of the gun more this week while getting the tight ends more involved. The one encouraging thing to me was that we didn't really feel the loss of Jordan Addison; all-freshman transfer WR Konata Mumpfield looked great while Jared Wayne was impressive as usual. However, unfortunately for us, RB Rodney Hammond will likely miss the game. He provided a jolt on offense with two TDs in the redzone.

Reactions: VOLfrombama
Are there any glory holes in or near the stadium? I am excited to go to LSU for the glory holes.
Not that I'm aware of, but there are troughs in the stadium. Could make for some interesting encounters if you're into that type of stuff...
giphy.gif

VN Store

Back