Pick'em - James Madison University 3/6 - 3/7

OldTimer

919 miles
Staff member
from CTV's comments after Sundays loss, "it was ****ty".....

Out of the Colonial Conference, James Madison University comes to town for a 2-game series strutting a 7-4 record.

Projected Conference Finish - 7th

TOP PROSPECTS, 2018 DRAFT
9 Adam Sisk OF James Madison
12 Colton Harlow LHP James Madison

IMPACT FRESHMEN
3 Josh Jones SS James Madison
7 Michael Morgan 1B James Madison
10 Conor Hartigan OF James Madison

James Madison was undone by its pitching a season ago, with a 5.57 team ERA ranking 212th nationally and offsetting the efforts of one of the CAA's more productive offenses. The Dukes hope to get a boost from junior college transfer Dan Goggin, a physical righthander with the ability to throw multiple pitches for strikes, alongside veteran Sr. LHP Colton Harlow (3-3, 4.66) and So. RHP Kevin Kelly (5-3, 2.91), who slides into the rotation after pitching well out of the bullpen as a freshman last spring. The Dukes feel good about their depth on the mound, which would go a long way toward making them a factor again if it bears itself out. They return three of their top four hitters from last year's group that ranked second in the CAA in scoring at 6.6 runs per game, including their most important piece in Sr. OF Adam Sisk (.337/.449/.560, 11 HR) no relation with Charleston's Evan Sisk. Fr. SS Josh Jones should make an immediate impact as well, adding a high-upside bat with an already outstanding glove. Amazingly, JMU hasn't had a winning season overall since capturing back-to-back CAA regular-season titles in 2010 and 2011, but it should have the tools to break that streak this season under third-year coach Marlin Ikenberry.

Link to schedule/record James Madison University

James Madison University +2.5 for both games

We are picking a 2-game series, Simply reply Sweep, 1-1 or Swept and 2 games must be played or no points will be issued

3 Points are in play for the Series, No Double Up......

Rules are simple and may change without notice:

1. Simply pick how the Vols will fair during the mid-week games
2. Reply with Sweep, 1-1 or Swept
3. At the end of the season (tournaments included) a winner will be selected by their correct predictions and awarded a special prize on behalf of OldTimer and not to exceed $10,000 in value
4. All predictions must be submitted by the 1st pitch of the 1st Game, any edits after the start of the game will result in a disqualification for that Series or Game
5. You do not have to play every week, total points won will win
6. Point system may be changed at my discretion at any time
7. Weather will be an issue, I'll post any instructions regarding weather prior to each game, check back often if inclement weather is in play
8. More rules may be added at my discretion
9. No wagering
10. Disputes will be handled by a 3 person panel: Me, Myself and I

Again, if there is an EDIT after the game starts on your post, your prediction doesn't count....

No "Double-Up"

Point System this week only:
Correct prediction will give you 3 points

2018 Pick'em is for the enjoyment of the Volnation forums, NO GAMBLING ALLOWED!

Pick with your gut and not your heart!!! - OT

Reactions: 1 person
Sweep

broom-clipart-7.jpg

updated Pick'em points coming tomorrow, I need new batteries for the calculator first as well as I need to replace the "subtract" button".........

:no:

Last edited:
Without the handicap 2.5 runs this team isn't good enough to expect a sweep.

1-1

We better bring our bats or we will get swept. Pitching staff is taxed after extra innings yesterday

Without the handicap 2.5 runs this team isn't good enough to expect a sweep.

1-1

We better bring our bats or we will get swept. Pitching staff is taxed after extra innings yesterday

It might be worth leaving the bats at home. Maybe it would freak the pitchers out seeing the batters at the plate without a bat and they would have trouble throwing strikes. We might just score more runs by walks then we would by hits.

VN Store

Back