Picked to win SEC Championship

Looking at our schedule.GA and Bama are our known 2 toughest opponents next year. Pitt is losing their star qb so who know how they will be. LSU and FL will have new coaches so they are kinda unknowns. KY will be a toss up game. I could see a potential 10-2 at most but probably realistic being 8-4. It will all depend on how our defense holds up and our o-line.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
I see a lot of mention of the NIL being a huge new selling point to the recruits this year. I’m trying to understand more of what kind of deals Tennessee has already for our players and what are some that’s in the works?? Compared to the rest of the sec are we offering our players the best we can??

On SEC NOW, during a rapid fire segment, they asked "If Georgia and Alabama do not win the SEC Championship next year, which team would you pick to win." It was Benjamin Watson's turn to answer and he answered with "Tennessee"

I was surprised to say the least. I understand that's eliminating two monsters... and you have to consider that we have to play BOTH of them and still win the east to get to that championship game.

With Hooker looking like he's back, and the recent discussion displaying how his performance this year should point to another super productive year next year, do you buy or sell?

I'm not sold that our defense is ready, along with deficiencies you could point to on both sides of the ball.

Pretty nice to be getting back in the conversation, even if hypothetical.
When I put my fan hat on, I like the call lol. Really depends on who comes back and is getting some serious help from portal and perhaps recruiting.

I will say this. Maybe not the best place to do so. But going back and forth between the SEC and AAC conference championship, I feel like I’m watching the NFL and mediocre College Football games simultaneously. I think Tennessee could play Cinci close.

Even if we could cherry pick the portal, I have a hard time imagining how we could have such a dip with both UGA and bama in such a short time that we could overcome their level of talent and win the SECC. Still, we can get much, much stronger if things go our way in the portal. What I'm watching with interest is how our administration responds to the NIL. Can we get our house in order in time to level the playing field? When I read what Texas is doing, I think we're operating at a severe disadvantage. Still, it's very, very nice to actually be in the conversation again. Been a while since we had even the hint of respect in college football.

Well the question essentially is who will be the #3 best team next year. I think right now UT is the 3rd best team in the SEC, we beat anyone else today except the two playing today. We will very likely be better next season. So I think that answer is pretty reasonable.

Well the question essentially is who will be the #3 best team next year. I think right now UT is the 3rd best team in the SEC, we beat anyone else today except the two playing today.

Uh...Tennessee lost to BOTH Florida & Mississippi, too Goober. Stop with the stupid "what-ifs' and look at the FACTS!

TENNESSEE Off Season CHAMPONS AGAIN!!!!

600x600.jpg
Troll or just purely miserable? Either way take that crap down the road

So, georgia just had about 30 seconds left in the half and went quietly into the locker room for the down 7 without attempting to score.

One thing i like about our coach is I feel like he would've at least tried to put points on the board, like before the half in the KY game. Hate it when teams give up like that. Quarters are 15 minutes, not 14:30.

Well, College Football is driven by a dynamic QB. Check
We should have a complete line back next year minus Cade, lots of injuries had a lot of different starters. Check
If Tillman comes back, Hyatt and Keyton and Fant, and Warren@TE check
The Defense will be the part that will need to grow.
New coach at LSU that usually would help us but Kelly may be an instant success
Think USCe will be breaking in new QB
Levis will be back for UK but we play them in Knoxville
Vandy will be better but should be a W
Pitt losing QB will come back to earth
Missouri losing Badie about 60% of their O we got them in Knoxville
Florida new coach and maybe a new QB it's a mess right now
I'm assuming this scenario was set up with Bama & Georgia having somehow 2 or more losses and we would either meet Bama or some surprise west winner. It would be a steep hill but it looks like if we could somehow win 5 or 6 close games as we did in 98 it is a possible longshot. Example games like Ole Miss this year, in 98 we found a way to win those like Arkansas, Syracuse, Florida OT, Auburn, Miss State, and Florida State. All these wins were within a TD & Extra point difference except SECC was a 10 point W.

If everything broke our way, I could see us sneaking in at 6-2. Yes, it would take a lot of good fortune, but can anyone say that we aren’t due for things to break our way for once?

So, georgia just had about 30 seconds left in the half and went quietly into the locker room for the down 7 without attempting to score.

One thing i like about our coach is I feel like he would've at least tried to put points on the board, like before the half in the KY game. Hate it when teams give up like that. Quarters are 15 minutes, not 14:30.

Agree. Kirby coaches like it’s 1999.

If everything broke our way, I could see us sneaking in at 6-2. Yes, it would take a lot of good fortune, but can anyone say that we aren’t due for things to break our way for once?

Yep I remember 1998 we got all the breaks or good fortune whichever. That 98 team had a game managing Offense and a great Defense. Next year I feel it will be opposite our O can score with anybody just hope the D can get some breaks and turnovers.

We’ll win more I believe but I agree that we are a couple of good classes away from being SEC championship/playoff worthy. We have to keep our coaching staff stable though.

Even if we could cherry pick the portal, I have a hard time imagining how we could have such a dip with both UGA and bama in such a short time that we could overcome their level of talent and win the SECC. Still, we can get much, much stronger if things go our way in the portal. What I'm watching with interest is how our administration responds to the NIL. Can we get our house in order in time to level the playing field? When I read what Texas is doing, I think we're operating at a severe disadvantage. Still, it's very, very nice to actually be in the conversation again. Been a while since we had even the hint of respect in college football.

JH will have to do more with less, at least for a couple years, unfortunately
I do believe UT did the best they could in hiring JH and think if HH come back, 2022 could still be fun to watch

The portal is the new free agency wild west. Teams can now turn on a dime for better or worse.

So, yeah, anything is possible with a great coach at the helm.

To beat Bama and Georgia we need a lot more players. Depth that’s what we need. Im guessing year 4 we should be in great shape. Take our beat down vs Ga and Bama but win the rest of the schedule possibly and end up 9-3 next year. Follow that up with another 9-3/10-2 we will be starting to kick the doors down

We just need to navigate the tricky SEC North next season and things will work out well for us .

We need two full seasons under CJH. Season 3 is going to either be a scorcher or the beginning of another end....
I lean heavy towards the first one.

In JH 1st year, the Vols are no longer the focus of sport center highlight reels for the blowout losses to so many teams, regardless of conference?
I see Tennessee becoming respectable once again and fun to watch offensively
Go Vols

Reactions: TheFlash1971

VN Store

Back