Pick Our Rivals

Which four permanent rivals would you choose if it could be only four?

• Alabama

Votes: 183 74.1%
  • Auburn

Votes: 40 16.2%
  • Florida

Votes: 204 82.6%
  • Georgia

Votes: 182 73.7%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 130 52.6%
  • LSU

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • Ole Miss

Votes: 26 10.5%
  • Miss State

Votes: 13 5.3%
  • Vandy

Votes: 142 57.5%
  • One of the newer conference members (Arkansas, Mizzou, South Carolina, Texas A&M)

Votes: 17 6.9%

• Total voters
Alabama-Tennessee is different from Alabama-Auburn, no doubt...but in the same way that Texas-Oklahoma is different from Texas-Texas A&M. One of those has survived and the other is gone. The Third Saturday in October game has more history than the Iron Bowl, it just has less hatred. It used to be about mutual respect, but that was also a reflection of the country’s culture, and that has also changed.

I thought that was Austin Peay.
Rumor/old wives tale states that when Austin Peay went from woman’s to coed.....that was one name that was brought up

That would look great on my college golf bag

Rumor/old wives tale states that when Austin Peay went from woman’s to coed.....that was one name that was brought up

That would look great on my college golf bag

Actually, I just said that as a cheap shot at AP. But in reality, I guess you all like to yell, "Let's go Pee" too damn much for that to ever change. But if the Science Hill Institute of Technology is ever created? You all gotta play them. Cause they will have a better cheer.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
Actually, I just said that as a cheap shot at AP. But in reality, I guess you all like to yell, "Let's go Pee" too damn much for that to ever change. But if the Science Hill Institute of Technology is ever created? You all gotta play them. Cause they will have a better cheer.
Besides “Rock chalk Jayhawk,” it’s the cheer in sports:cool:

Is there another P5 school besides Tennessee that does not have a clear cut "biggest rival?" Not only that, but the schools that we consider big rivals (Florida, Georgia, Alabama) do not consider Tennessee to be a big rival. Also, we do not consider the schools that consider us to be their biggest rival (Vandy, Kentucky) to be a big rival.

We're kind of stuck in no-man's land as far as rivalry games. We consider Florida, Georgia, and Alabama to be huge rivalry games but they do not consider us to be their biggest, or even #2 rival. And we do not consider Kentucky and Vandy to be big rivalry games, even though they consider them to be.

UGA is one such school. You can ask UGA fans who they hate the most and it would probably be between Florida, Auburn and Georgia Tech. Some hate Tennessee and South Carolina. I think it has something to do with which in part of Georgia you live and which of these fans you interact with the most. Also, we've developed quite an understandable disdain for Bama the past decade or so. LSU as well. Historically though, it's Florida, Auburn and Georgia Tech that gets UGA dander up the most.

Until recent years the Vols have handled all other in state teams consistently. Other teams have not had that kind of success against their in state rivals or the Vols. So sure, they consider their instate “rivals” as a more important game, but don’t act like they don’t care about the game against the Vols. Other than Florida, teams are finally starting to believe they have a chance against the Vols. That’s only since Fulmer was fired in 2008. I expect JH to get us back to being a hated team like we are used to.

VN Store

Back