Phrases/Cliches that annoy you.

“hundred percent”

I understand that saying “I agree” is boring and words like absolutely and totally are just so basic, but omg I’m so tired of hearing this one.

Reactions: MAD and VolFaninFla
"Whatever" angers me.

I have two teenage girls in my house.

What I find funny with my girls is when they’re mad they throw an “-uhh” suffix onto whatever they’re squawking about.

- I told you to clean your room.
- I AM-uhh!

- That’s MINE-uhh!

- I’m GOING-uhh!

- STOP-uhh!

I’ve heard it mentioned by other people before so it’s probably universal.

What I find funny with my girls is when they’re mad they throw an “-uhh” suffix onto whatever they’re squawking about.

- I told you to clean your room.
- I AM-uhh!

- That’s MINE-uhh!

- I’m GOING-uhh!

- STOP-uhh!

I’ve heard it mentioned by other people before so it’s probably universal.

The 13 year old bio-girl-kid says "yes sir". The 17 year old foster-girl does EXACTLY what you speak of..."uhh". :rolleyes::mad:

The two boys (one 15 y/o bio, one 6 y/o foster) almost never give attitude.

"So you're telling me......"
"In other words...."
"Let me get this straight...."
Etc.

All are prepositional phrases that are always followed by some kind of stupid BS that in no way reflects anything that was previously said.

Lean over on the table

I used to have this old doctor who was hilarious, always busting chops and so forth. One visit, I had assumed the position for the prostate exam and there was a gooseneck lamp (the kind with a flexible neck) beside me that was clearly in his way. I was facing away but it sounded like he was repeatedly trying to push it away and it wasn't cooperating. About the time that the wait had started to get uncomfortable for me in my prone position, he finally worked out the problem and said, "Sorry about that, I was having trouble getting the film in my camera."

My laughter was short-lived, of course.

Probably already been said, but the one that really hate is, “...and for the record...”

Especially in movies.

VN Store

Back