Philip Fulmer needs to be careful here and Pruitt

If you say so, Enos was interviewed just yesterday so CJP must be in the wrong business, hope he has a good contract!

Reading comprehension not your strong suit I see? Pulaski,VA or Pulaski, TN either one would explain it.

I said if CJP is waiting to announce until after the playoffs he's in the wrong business. If he hires Enos and let's him stay at Bama through the playoffs CJP isn't the coach we need.

I hope your right, but it just seems out of control right now.

What exactly is out of control? They are interviewing people.

Out of control is throwing money at any coach out there and getting turned down left and right. As far as we know no one has been offered yet.

At this point when I see Kansas and SC hiring people off our list and now FSU? I don’t “trust this process”

Certainly not a good look for TN. Due to TN being slow, inept and unwise in replacing their OC there are now a lot more options on the table for any qualified candidate to consider. This WAS an excellent opportunity for Pruitt & Fulmer to display strong leadership by replacing Helton with an upgrade, a proven winner that would energize the fan base and football program in general, especially after a pitiful end to the season. The longer this drags out the more negative it looks on TN. THERE IS NO JUSTIFICATION to promote Friend, the offense finished near the bottom of the SEC. Nobody currently on the offensive side of the staff should be promoted...if you manage your business that way, eventually you will go bankrupt.

Butch Jones & Phil Fulmer know how important getting the right OC can be. They both got fired a year later.. Pruitt knows this and is being slow and deliberate like his Job depends on it and in essence it does...

Only thing making this process out of control is the fans. Haven't heard a peep from the admin. It's Pruitt's decision. He'll be the one that suffers or prospers from this hire... Us as fans blocking the Schiano hire has made VolNation a bunch of self entitled children. Imo...

Only thing making this process out of control is the fans. Haven't heard a peep from the admin. It's Pruitt's decision. He'll be the one that suffers or prospers from this hire... Us as fans blocking the Schiano hire has made VolNation a bunch of self entitled children. Imo...

I believe they are weighing the options based on what is best for the team, not a group of uninformed and easily manipulated fans that get crazy if ANY situation doesn’t go exactly how they want it to. When I say they I mean multiple people wanting different outcomes yesterday to their individual desire.

You are giving us the fans way too little credit. I, for one, think the fans’ mutiny saved the program. Thank God our fan base still cares, despite the dysfunctional administration. In fact, our passion may head off disaster in this key job search!

Certainly not a good look for TN. Due to TN being slow, inept and unwise in replacing their OC there are now a lot more options on the table for any qualified candidate to consider. This WAS an excellent opportunity for Pruitt & Fulmer to display strong leadership by replacing Helton with an upgrade, a proven winner that would energize the fan base and football program in general, especially after a pitiful end to the season. The longer this drags out the more negative it looks on TN. THERE IS NO JUSTIFICATION to promote Friend, the offense finished near the bottom of the SEC. Nobody currently on the offensive side of the staff should be promoted...if you manage your business that way, eventually you will go bankrupt.
You do not know he is going to promote Will Friend. Also, how do you know the big frozen pond was even interested in the job in the first place? If you don't like the process and are so miserable, why follow it?

Reactions: igotworms
Me...mostly thinking about getting that Vols sign back up in the stadium... will they make the seats smaller, and should I pay those prices or pay more.
you should pay those prices ..... but PLEASE pay no more !

What exactly is out of control? They are interviewing people.

Out of control is throwing money at any coach out there and getting turned down left and right. As far as we know no one has been offered yet.

Interviewing people 9 days later smdh. USC and FSU did that within 24 hours. Pruitt wasn't prepared. CLEARLY.

Reactions: FLVOL69
How do you know the climate of the locker room?
Why does that matter in the quoted context? I'm not hearing any rumblings from players, nothing but positives on their social media, nothing from the KPD which is always good, staff seems to be recruiting well and certainly busy, looks like the staff is going to stay intact....only folks in panic mode are the far left and far right of the Tn fanbase.

Why does that matter in the quoted context? I'm not hearing any rumblings from players, nothing but positives on their social media, nothing from the KPD which is always good, staff seems to be recruiting well and certainly busy, looks like the staff is going to stay intact....only folks in panic mode are the far left and far right of the Tn fanbase.
You do understand what's on the line? I'm not being over dramatic here either, if Pruitt doesn't workout here Tennessee will have been irrelevant far too long to get back on the national stage. Tennessee hasn't been nationally relevant since 2003, that's 15 years of mediocrity and suck. These recruits weren't alive when Tennessee won the national championship, some were in kindergarten the last time Tennessee was in Atlanta. So yeah there is a little urgency and a lot riding on this OC hire.

ROTFF I'm glad the mental health of the program meets your standards, as if that has anything to do with hiring a new OC.
What are you trying to accomplish, it's clear I'm not nearly as worked up about all this as you seem to be. The fact that things are running normal is a good sign, very different from the hysteria genius fans like yourself are going through.

You do understand what's on the line? I'm not being over dramatic here either, if Pruitt doesn't workout here Tennessee will have been irrelevant far too long to get back on the national stage. Tennessee hasn't been nationally relevant since 2003, that's 15 years of mediocrity and suck. These recruits weren't alive when Tennessee won the national championship, some were in kindergarten the last time Tennessee was in Atlanta. So yeah there is a little urgency and a lot riding on this OC hire.
If you say so I just don't think it's anywhere near as disastrous as you make it out.

What are you trying to accomplish, it's clear I'm not nearly as worked up about all this as you seem to be. The fact that things are running normal is a good sign, very different from the hysteria genius fans like yourself are going through.

Hysteria, thats hilarious. I'm not fretting over this hire, and we are talking about hiring the new OC and you post this...a little unhinged don't you think? " the staff and team seem to be in a pretty good frame of mind all things considering."

Reactions: OneVolNation

VN Store

Back