Philip Fulmer needs to be careful here and Pruitt

Weird things happen at night.

Is "great" the most over used word in the English language?

Well, that's like a really great question, literally. But, like, you know, I'm not sure what the answer is. That is like too mentally taxing to like figure out this early in the morning. I'll need like one more cup of coffee before I like even go there!

My opinion only:
1) The media doesnt have us in a frenzy. We stay in a constant state of frenzy and coaching searches only seem to amplify that frenzy.
2) I differ on whether or not they owe us or should give us a statement or update. They are doing their job the way they see fit and will make this hire that way. I believe they have their message to the recruits and the people who matter under control. Their statement was when PF and JP got hired. They said they were going to fix the football program. While I may have my opinion on this hire, my view equals jack squat.

I know its hard to do, but relax and let it play out. If Tennessee pulls a Tennessee, well then you can decide to vote with your donation or not.
Agreed. Few of us know what is going on behind the scenes. Hopefully, a strong hire will be made that gives us the short-term fix we need and also plays into a long-term strategy for future sustained success.

Come on guys, it wouldn't be the holiday season without UT having a coaching search.......now that Urban Cryer is taking it to the retirement house......Schiano will be available to be OC.....

Pruitt and Fulmer had better care what the internet is saying about them cuz guess what? That's what the potential recruits are looking at. Can't be clueless and distant...or aloof and condescending like Pruitt was at the Vandy postgame presser. They are in no position to cop an attitude about the fanbase and supporters. This is a great fanbase but they are making a big mistake if they take it for granted. Sure...there will always be people coming to games...but it may only be 80,000 instead of 106....and they'll always be people buying up merchandise; but they may start buying less Vols merch and instead more Vandy stuff. Over time, neglect of a fan base takes its toll.

80,000 was the attendance this last season. More like 65,000 next year.

Pretty obvious some insiders dont want freeze, yet want to remain confidential. They are holding up the process hoping freeze will sign somewhere else so they dont have to take blame. If i were freeze, id take the auburn route and recruit bailey to play qb.

Since you are in the know, give us specifics as to who the insiders are. Freeze is the one looking at all of his options.

They are probably working together on looking for the best fit on the oc’s job, but at some point here Fulmer or someone is going to have to make a statement. I know Fulmer loves the program, but I wonder with the fan base in a melt down right now, I feel the pressure for them is getting a little out of control, and they may be feeling overwhelmed. Is it just us overlooking things, or has the media got us in a frenzy again? Look, we have some great recruits coming in, and that worries me a little over this oc’s search right now, especially with all of the talk about our boosters. I don’t want to believe any media guys tweeting like they have in the last 24 hours, but if I was in the athletic dept., I think I would make that statement as soon as tomorrow morning about our current situation to clear up all of these bad rumors, before it really gets out of hand.
Say what? The little girls on Vol Nation are melting down? OMG! Cmon snowflake. We are talking negotiations that are legal, financial, effecting families, careers, and the future of our football program. IMHO I trust PF and CJP OVER anyone posting stuff like you have on VN. Go take a pill, have a drink, or get a life and let smarter and cooler heads prevail.

Never said an OC from one of those teams Coach Enos coaches at Bama and Coach Streeter at Clemson. Try to read the whole thing before you make such a profound, lol, statement!

If either of the two are the leading candidates and CJP is allowing them to coach out the playoffs instead of announcing and getting them on the recruiting trail for us, he's in the wrong business.

Reactions: onevol74
Come on guys, it wouldn't be the holiday season without UT having a coaching search.......now that Urban Cryer is taking it to the retirement house......Schiano will be available to be OC.....
Schiano probably would be a decent OC since every school in the Big 10 schemed effectively against his sorry defense! He had to learn something. Addition by subtraction.

Reactions: VolunteerCeltic
WKU had to have asked to talk to Helton before the Vandy game. There was plenty of time to get this done. I'm starting to think that the plan all along has been to hire someone that they know will underwhelm fans and recruits alike so they're trying to push the announcement until after signing day. If they announced Friend tomorrow, the fan backlash would probably destroy the recruiting class.
We all better hope and pray Pruitt doesn’t promote Friend. I could see a serious meltdown situation similar to that of the Schiano fiasco....

Peep are talking up FSU as our competition for Freeze. Would Taggart really hire a guy viewed as his replacement? Would Freeze want to endure a hell year at FSU under Taggart? I think UT is a better situation for Freeze than FSU. jmho

UT cares nothing about their fans as long as shirts and hats are being sold and those seats keep getting filled.
Sadly your right...I've said this for years now...they hire budget coaches get the fans behind them until things fall apart and then go grab another and repeat the process...Football pays the bills at UT and they could care less if we win 1 or 10 games as long as the fans keep coming and spending that money.

Volnation is NOT the entire fan base!

Well said!!!!
This reminded me of our national political "game". All the hollering done are the "Volnation types" (not ME of course) but when the chips are down and it's time to put up or shut up, watch out for the silent (most of vol fan base) majority.

If either of the two are the leading candidates and CJP is allowing them to coach out the playoffs instead of announcing and getting them on the recruiting trail for us, he's in the wrong business.
If you say so, Enos was interviewed just yesterday so CJP must be in the wrong business, hope he has a good contract!

About any big hiring in any business.......
Do the people doing the hiring make an offer without at least having informal talks with the board members who could shoot down the choice? ( in our case the "money boys") I personally think if Freeze or any top department coach is approached they have first been passed by the money boys (board members) that's the way it works. We had a case like this a head coach or so back. Cost a AD his job and an embarrassment for the whole Admin.

VN Store

Back