Philip Fulmer needs to be careful here and Pruitt

At this point when I see Kansas and SC hiring people off our list and now FSU? I don’t “trust this process”

The hiring process is way to slow, other schools hire within a few days. If you know who you want go get them. UT was warned if we wanted Freeze we better do it quick and the same on Lindsey. So we will know maybe in a few weeks. Auburn will be after Freeze and his daughter goes to Auburn. So at this point time will tell who we wind up with. Early signing period is getting very close, and we need an oc to close in on some of these recruits because I do feel it does make a difference who the oc is to these recruits.

The hiring process is way to slow, other schools hire within a few days. If you know who you want go get them. UT was warned if we wanted Freeze we better do it quick and the same on Lindsey. So we will know maybe in a few weeks. Auburn will be after Freeze and his daughter goes to Auburn. So at this point time will tell who we wind up with. Early signing period is getting very close, and we need an oc to close in on some of these recruits because I do feel it does make a difference who the oc is to these recruits.
Yep I got it. With Auburn and FSU open we will be last in line. I have no hope this hire will be big. That’s what other schools do.

Yeah Fulmer is probably so flustered while in New York for an event.... and I doubt Pruitt ever looks at the internet lol so I doubt he gives a flying f.

Internet isn't necessary. Lindsey got pulled by KANSAS in no time flat. FSU is in as much talks with Freeze in 3 hours as we were in after a week.

We looked lost and in no hurry and getting our butts handed to us. Even FSU mods were shocked how we seemed to be in no hurry and now they and Auburn are all over our target. Amateur hour.

Internet isn't necessary. Lindsey got pulled by KANSAS in no time flat. FSU is in as much talks with Freeze in 3 hours as we were in after a week.

We looked lost and in no hurry and getting our butts handed to us. Even FSU mods were shocked how we seemed to be in no hurry and now they and Auburn are all over our target. Amateur hour.

Incorrect. Not amateur hour. That is called vetting. I still think we have always known it was Freeze. I think he is announced tomorrow.

Pruitt and Fulmer had better care what the internet is saying about them cuz guess what? That's what the potential recruits are looking at. Can't be clueless and distant...or aloof and condescending like Pruitt was at the Vandy postgame presser. They are in no position to cop an attitude about the fanbase and supporters. This is a great fanbase but they are making a big mistake if they take it for granted. Sure...there will always be people coming to games...but it may only be 80,000 instead of 106....and they'll always be people buying up merchandise; but they may start buying less Vols merch and instead more Vandy stuff. Over time, neglect of a fan base takes its toll.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
I don’t think it seems out of control. Fulmer and Pruitt set the timetable for the OC hire. I bet lots of good candidates are interested. They need to do their due diligence and just get it right on this hire. A hasty hire to appease the media’s timing will leave us with a bad offense again. Just get it right, Pruitt.

That seems to be good advice. However, time is of the essence, because the best coach available today might not be available tomorrow. Decisions must be made and deals must be closed. $.02

I don’t think it seems out of control. Fulmer and Pruitt set the timetable for the OC hire. I bet lots of good candidates are interested. They need to do their due diligence and just get it right on this hire. A hasty hire to appease the media’s timing will leave us with a bad offense again. Just get it right, Pruitt.

When has a hasty hire ever occurred? Dooley, but partly because we were stuck in zero hour.

Any normal hire, like this you have PLENTY if time. Why can Kansas, FSU, USC act decisively and we are 8 days in and interviewing Drinkowitz. What the actual hell are we doing? Zero plan. Zero execution.

Reactions: amorange
My inside sources tell me it's going to be Friend...and he's bringing Peyton in with him as QB coach. Done deal.

Incorrect. Not amateur hour. That is called vetting. I still think we have always known it was Freeze. I think he is announced tomorrow.

"Vetting" should have been occurring 1 week ago. But we were busy recruiting and juggling multiple duties. Pruitt and Freeze should have delegated all duties until an oc was in place. Doing 2 things half ass is of no use, especially such an important hire.

Exactly! Leave it to Fulmer to hose this up... royally.

"Vetting" should have been occurring 1 week ago. But we were busy recruiting and juggling multiple duties. Pruitt and Freeze should have delegated all duties until an oc was in place. Doing 2 things half ass is of no use, especially such an important hire.

Lol yup our recruiting has been half a** oh wait....

WKU had to have asked to talk to Helton before the Vandy game. There was plenty of time to get this done. I'm starting to think that the plan all along has been to hire someone that they know will underwhelm fans and recruits alike so they're trying to push the announcement until after signing day. If they announced Friend tomorrow, the fan backlash would probably destroy the recruiting class.

Reactions: Devo182
I disagree. Coaches at all 4 playoff teams could be in play and Pruitt could be respectfully letting their seasons play out, Freeze may have gotten a better offer or it may be we are adding Probst to the staff and waiting for his hs season to finish. Best thing we as fans can do is quit jumping everytime members of Vol media tell us to!!

I disagree. Coaches at all 4 playoff teams could be in play and Pruitt could be respectfully letting their seasons play out, Freeze may have gotten a better offer or it may be we are adding Probst to the staff and waiting for his hs season to finish. Best thing we as fans can do is quit jumping everytime members of Vol media tell us to!!

Right, an OC from a well established successful program is going to jump from the playoffs to the dumpster fire in Knoxville. Makes perfect sense.

When has a hasty hire ever occurred? Dooley, but partly because we were stuck in zero hour.

Any normal hire, like this you have PLENTY if time. Why can Kansas, FSU, USC act decisively and we are 8 days in and interviewing Drinkowitz. What the actual hell are we doing? Zero plan. Zero execution.
I apologize but have been out of touch for several hours. Who did FSU and USC hire. TIA

Right, an OC from a well established successful program is going to jump from the playoffs to the dumpster fire in Knoxville. Makes perfect sense.
Never said an OC from one of those teams Coach Enos coaches at Bama and Coach Streeter at Clemson. Try to read the whole thing before you make such a profound, lol, statement!

Yes, I had forgotten that. Has FSU made a hire?

From Noles247:

Hugh Freeze, the 49-year old former head coach at Ole Miss is known as an offensive mind, coming up through the coaching ranks as an OC at Arkansas State prior to being hired at Ole Miss. Freeze has been out of college football for the past two seasons, after getting caught up in a major scandal at Ole Miss. It’s unclear if the FSU administration would sign off on his hire, but we’re hearing from sources that Freeze is a serious candidate for this job. If FSU chooses to go in the Hugh Freeze direction, we believe a deal could get done quickly since he is out of coaching. This is one name we'll be keeping a close eye on over the next 24-48 hours.

How have the interviews Pruitt has had gone? What did Freeze tell Pruitt when he offered him the job? How much is Freeze asking for? Does Freeze have a buyout with the Arizona team he currently works for? Who has FSU hired? Did you want who Kansas hired?

I think it’s “literally.” Which also happens to be the most misused word. You didn’t literally die. There was not literally a million people there. I am (probably) not literally the worst person ever.

Kindly note a distinction between the words "over used" and "misused." They do not have the same meaning.

How have the interviews Pruitt has had gone? What did Freeze tell Pruitt when he offered him the job? How much is Freeze asking for? Does Freeze have a buyout with the Arizona team he currently works for? Who has FSU hired? Did you want who Kansas hired?

Hell if I know, but they should have occurred earlier and we should have already made decisive moves by now. Wallowing in day 8 is poor planning and execution. You would be fired in the business world planning and executing like this. This is where he has to improve from a technician to a leader, visionary, and planner.

Don't think he does. FSU is talking to Freeze, did so in THREE HOURS. Took us days. Yes, I would have taken Lindsey. He was 2nd choice.

VN Store

Back