PFF hates us now also.

Swapping out the existing 5th member for the new 5th member changes this story...but this tweet (or whatever) is talking about returning players.

Reactions: BruisedOrange
Why is this a surprise? Neither Morris nor Wright graded out all that well last season. The good news is that if they continue to develop, then Tennessee has a chance to have an excellent offensive line. However, based off of last year’s performances, it’s not a huge surprise that Tennessee’s OL isn’t ranked as high heading into the season.

Last edited:
Why is this a surprise? Neither Morris nor Wright graded out all that well last season. The good news is if they continue to develop, then Tennessee has a chance to have an excellent offensive line. However it’s not a huge surprise that based off of last year’s performances, that Tennessee’s OL isn’t ranked as high heading into the season.

I just thought it was me...alone...on an opinion island...but now i have a bunk buddy.

Why is this a surprise? Neither Morris nor Wright graded out all that well last season. The good news is that if they continue to develop, then Tennessee has a chance to have an excellent offensive line. However, based off of last year’s performances, it’s not a huge surprise that Tennessee’s OL isn’t ranked as high heading into the season.

As true freshmen they graded out pretty darn good, especially Wright who didn't have the benefit of Spring Training last season.

With a full year in the system and S&C they should be great this season.

Reactions: FïreBall
Kentucky goes into 2020 with one of best offensive lines in America a semifinalist for the Joe Moore Award in 2019. The Cats led all power five teams
in rushing yards per game at nearly 280 and were fourth in the country in rush offense in 2019 only topped by the three service academies (Army,
Navy and Air Force) also set school records for most rushing yards and rushing touchdowns. No other team in SEC could have done what the Cats
did last season at 2-3 offensive coordinator Eddie Gran threw the playbook away and wrote a new one for Lynn Bowden the Paul Hornung Award winner.
Kentucky's O line could have three draft picks seniors Drake Jackson (center) according to Cole Cubelic best center in SEC and Landon Young. and junior
Darian Kinnard who could go to NFL at 6-5 and 350. they will throw more with Terry Touchdown this season but have a stable of three good
running backs AJ Rose, Kavioskey Smoke and Chris Rodriguez. Tennessee has been fortunate to beat Kentucky the last two seasons and Kentucky has
not won in Knoxville since 1984 17-12 and Coach Jerry Claiborne with the wide tackle six defense and Dollar Bill Ransdell at QB, Mark Higgs, Mark Logan
and NFL Hall of Famer center Dermontti Dawson. Stoops has done excellent job turning Kentucky around four straight bowls and two bowl wins (44-44) record
Kentucky is not a speed bump in SEC anymore and the rest of the leagues coaches know it if the media or fans do not.

Hard to say who will be elite what with the looming possibility of little or no football this season. For me, threads like this are of little or no value this year. (or for that matter any year:rolleyes:)

Kentucky goes into 2020 with one of best offensive lines in America a semifinalist for the Joe Moore Award in 2019. The Cats led all power five teams
in rushing yards per game at nearly 280 and were fourth in the country in rush offense in 2019 only topped by the three service academies (Army,
Navy and Air Force) also set school records for most rushing yards and rushing touchdowns. No other team in SEC could have done what the Cats
did last season at 2-3 offensive coordinator Eddie Gran threw the playbook away and wrote a new one for Lynn Bowden the Paul Hornung Award winner.
Kentucky's O line could have three draft picks seniors Drake Jackson (center) according to Cole Cubelic best center in SEC and Landon Young. and junior
Darian Kinnard who could go to NFL at 6-5 and 350. they will throw more with Terry Touchdown this season but have a stable of three good
running backs AJ Rose, Kavioskey Smoke and Chris Rodriguez. Tennessee has been fortunate to beat Kentucky the last two seasons and Kentucky has
not won in Knoxville since 1984 17-12 and Coach Jerry Claiborne with the wide tackle six defense and Dollar Bill Ransdell at QB, Mark Higgs, Mark Logan
and NFL Hall of Famer center Dermontti Dawson. Stoops has done excellent job turning Kentucky around four straight bowls and two bowl wins (44-44) record
Kentucky is not a speed bump in SEC anymore and the rest of the leagues coaches know it if the media or fans do not.

We are in your head much like the gators have been in ours. You were lucky to play us in some down years but fortunately for us, you couldnt take advantage. Stoops has no doubt done a good job considering the historic state of your program and it will be exciting to see what Ansley and Pruitt can do against your top notch Oline. That said, TN is back on its way to becoming TN again, and there will be no easy wins (if any at all) from us for the foreseeable future, irrespective of what the Wildcats do. Once we get our QB situation sorted out, then get ready little kitties, hell is coming to breakfast.

It will be interesting to see what your ground game looks like this year without Bowden.

Agreed. I wasn’t all that impressed with either one. I thought Tatum at least deserved some minutes and I don’t think he played much if at all.

The best the OLine played as when Carvin was as in the field. Pruitt should have told Kennedy to move along and moved Carvin to center. There is no doubt in my mind that Carvin is the 2nd best olinemen on the team.

Reactions: 08Vol
It will be interesting to see what your ground game looks like this year without Bowden.
KY is still a speed bump in the SEC. Im 32 today and i cant remember them being anything other then a speed bump even with Couch. Sure they"ll win a couple they shouldnt but im not sure i could ever take them seriously as contenders. They have beaten us twice in my entire lifetime by 3 points. Even when we are at our worse, I count KY as a W.

Response to 901 Orange if you consider Kentucky a speed bump in football then Tennessee is the same thing in men's basketball.
Two years ago you had supposedly some talent and beat Kentucky in the SEC Tournament but someone named Bruce Pearl showed up
and beat you. when was the last time you won an SEC Tourney in men's basketball (1979) or before the battle of Hastings in 1066.
in hoops we are the kings and the gold standard of college basketball. I know this is a football forum but even with the cheater Pearl
picture of recruit at a barbecue you could never beat us. We could get five old ladies in Rupp Arena and beat you guys although you
did beat us in Rupp last season there was no NCAA Tourney. In 2018, you hung no banner no regular season or SEC tourney title, no
final four which is what you dream about.
We do not fire coaches who have won a national championship then before that stab a so called legend in the back before he took
the job. Paul Hornung was the best player in 1956. He had a career in the NFL while Majors did not he went to Canada. a good coach
but not great at Tennessee his finest hour was 1976 at Pittsburgh when he had some guy named Dorsett.
So 901 Orange on your guys best day you could never beat us in men's basketball and for all the so called great players you have or had
I use that term loosely no Heisman Trophy winners. Alabama, Florida, Georgia, LSU and Auburn in the SEC have more Heisman's than you
guys and as for Fulmer the coach that won that Natty. you fired him then a decade later you wanted him back to save football.
FACT since the college football playoff poll has existed Top 25 Kentucky has been ranked in it six weeks all in 2018. Tennessee has
been ranked four. So how is that for tradition you are still trying to recite somebody's maxims Neyland or somebody like that.
Al Davis of the Oakland Raiders "Just Win Baby" the only maxim needed to know.

Excuse me? I might be willing to say that about last year's game, but there was nothing "fortunate" about the 2018 game in Knoxville. Tennessee led 17-0 at halftime and they won the game 24-7. Kentucky had no offense and was never in the game. Did you even watch the game? It would seem not.

Reactions: TennTom

VN Store

Back