Peyton to take Witten's place on Monday Night Football?

According to the braintrust that was the Gruden Forums, MNF is dying a slow death. Why would Manning get involved in such a losing battle?

Seriously, it would be fun to get Manning's persona on MNF.

I hope if PM decides to take it that he's great at it. I'm still in the watching the NFL very little crowd after the kneeling became so prevalent and accepted as a protest again police? Rational thought has at least to realize if you're protesting the police, do it at the police station or city hall. Being irreverent to our nations' flag isn't the way to do it.

Reactions: preacherwebb
Not necessarily southern accents, it just sounds like his vocals are coming out of his nostrils, or he has a hocker hung up on the roof of his mouth 😳
Romo sounds like his nuggets never dropped. It’s the content I give a shizz about. From his freshman season on Peyton could talk football. Outside of Pat Summerall, I don’t recall any Vin Scully level football voices. Madden sounded like he was having heart palpitations and Al Michaels sounded like he was auditioning for Kermit in a Muppets production. Loved Keith Jackson but he sounded like...a football announcer.

Romo sounds like his nuggets never dropped. It’s the content I give a shizz about. From his freshman season on Peyton could talk football. Outside of Pat Summerall, I don’t recall any Vin Scully level football voices. Madden sounded like he was having heart palpitations and Al Michaels sounded like he was auditioning for Kermit in a Muppets production. Loved Keith Jackson but he sounded like...a football announcer.
My all time favorite was Frank Gifford, and Ron Franklin in college.
Not a Romo fan, he has the hyper approach, and, he was a Cowboy.

Please god let someone take it and be good before Tom Brady retires and they put him in there! Also, I agree Ron Franklin was the best voice in ages.

Reactions: RollerVol
Pretty much Dating myself here but...

The best was Dandy Don and How-ward-Co-sell years! Seemed like Howard and Don were usually 3 sheets by the third quarter!!

ITE3SXF6MGVYKXHIDGHH6O3THA.jpg

Last edited:
The guy is too smart. Could you imagine a conversation on MNF between Manning and Brady?

Yes. Peyton would offer insightful analysis. Brady would say to Peyton, Could you repeat that in English? Those around them would laugh as the program cut to commercial or a canned report.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
He takes it...one year later the Manning Rule goes League wide. The rule simply states no one can watch peyton in the booth giving the keys to both the offense and defense playbooks.

VN Store

Back