Peyton Manning's New Bourbon Is So Legit....

Finally! I can claim to be an insider on something!

I happen to know a few people involved with Sweetens Cove, including the launch of Sweetens Cove bourbon at the course itself. While the specifics are being kept secret for obvious reasons, it is in fact a blended bourbon from multiple distillery's small batches - blended by Marianne Eaves.

Haven't tried it myself, but I imagine it's got to be OK. Not sure I'd pay that price for a blended product. Seems unfair/deceptive to mix up other people's products and call it your own. Boycotted Chattanooga Whiskey for similar principles. It wasn't actually made in Chattanooga until a few years ago now that the laws have changed.

PS - all my "insider" info is already out there on the interwebs too, so I didn't disclose anything super secret, but I just thought it cool that I know some of the people involved.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Don't know about all this. Peyton's "bourbon" doesn't sound like my cup of tea. And bourbon comes from Kentucky.

But anyway, we were on a western road trip last year and stopped at Oscar's Bar and Grill in Limon, CO. The have over 400 types of whiskey. The food's not that great, but 400 types of whiskey.

Closer to home, Walnut Kitchen in Maryville has a pretty impressive selection.

it is in fact a blended bourbon from multiple distillery's small batches - blended by Marianne Eaves.

Not sure I'd pay that price for a blended product. Seems unfair/deceptive to mix up other people's products and call it your own. Boycotted Chattanooga Whiskey for similar principles.

The only thing that should matter is how it tastes. Not where or how it's made or how much it costs. Do some blind taste tests. It might surprise you. We did one a couple of years ago with several premium bourbons including Blanton's, Four Roses Single Barrel, Angel's Envy and a couple of more premium brands, and added Jim Beam just for kicks, expecting it to finish dead last. Jim Beam was a consensus #2. Blanton's was dead last. My favorite bourbon is Jim Beam Black. But, I prefer tequila--Casamigos Reposada (incredibly smooth) and Don Julio Reposada (great flavor).

The only thing that should matter is how it tastes. Not where or how it's made or how much it costs. Do some blind taste tests. It might surprise you. We did one a couple of years ago with several premium bourbons including Blanton's, Four Roses Single Barrel, Angel's Envy and a couple of more premium brands, and added Jim Beam just for kicks, expecting it to finish dead last. Jim Beam was a consensus #2. Blanton's was dead last. My favorite bourbon is Jim Beam Black. But, I prefer tequila--Casamigos Reposada (incredibly smooth) and Don Julio Reposada (great flavor).
Jim Beam black is my favorite as well. The extra aging makes for a great whiskey.

Evan Williams white label bottled in bond. $14 for the win.

They been making whiskey in Sweetens Cove for 200 years, good water for it filtered thru the Fort Payne seam of limestone.
This ain't it.

When the old Course would flood I use to shoot carp as a boy between the 1st and 2nd hole. Daniel Boones companion buried up in the cove along with 20 Texans who were jumped while camping at the level springs. Alot of History and a lot of whiskey made in The Cove.

I was wondering if anyone on here was familiar with Sweeten's Cove! Used to drink that awesome water from the Pipe coming out of the Mountain at that roadside pullover spot. Funny how Peyton used that name. Probably learned it from Thunder Thornton.
I grew up in Sweetons Cove

Thought you said you quit drankin
tumblr_nexk1e4uCY1s2wio8o1_500.gif

Well you hung out with 2 nice uns. Yeah Him pretty sure you do know me.. I aint seen custer in a while I see William every now ansd then.

CUSTER! LOL. 1965 White Mustang. Many a trip from the Dixie Freeze to POPS for two sixpacks of PABST (Ha) and around old 72 then right through ORME up and down the Mountain and back where we started from. Those WERE the days! Parker, Hadaway & McGraw all us us crowded in Ellis' new 6 cylinder Mustang.

CUSTER! LOL. 1965 White Mustang. Many a trip from the Dixie Freeze to POPS for two sixpacks of PABST (Ha) and around old 72 then right through ORME up and down the Mountain and back where we started from. Those WERE the days! Parker, Hadaway & McGraw all us us crowded in Ellis' new 6 cylinder Mustang.

Made many trips behind the big hedge visiting pops. Well its a small world aint it.

Have you had the double chocolate? It's their double barrel bourbon aged with cocoa beans in the barrel. It's incredible.

I’ve got a bottle of that and enjoy it quite a bit.

Leiper’s Fork released their own rye not long ago and it’s quite good as well if you like rye.

Reactions: NighthawkVol

VN Store

Back