Peyton Manning teams up with brother, ESPN for MNF MegaCast

Franklin Pierce

ESPN has finally landed Peyton Manning as a "Monday Night Football" commentator. It's just not in a way anyone expected, and it won't be for the full season.

Walt Disney Company announced on Monday a partnership with Manning and his Omaha Productions company in which Peyton and Eli Manning will be part of a "Monday Night Football" MegaCast for 10 games a year the next three seasons.

Peyton Manning teams up with brother, ESPN for MNF MegaCast

For television, there was remarkable diversity in that MNF booth in the years that featured Meredith, Cosell, and Gifford.

You had someone representing NYC, another person representing NYC, and someone representing the rest of the country.
For its day, quite groundbreaking.

I've been watching College Bowl with Peyton and Cooper. If the banter with Eli is anything like that, these broadcasts are going to be epic money makers.
I remember that ESPN commercial from a few years ago with Peyton, Eli, and Archie. It was hilarious. I’m looking forward to these shows.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
I've been watching College Bowl with Peyton and Cooper. If the banter with Eli is anything like that, these broadcasts are going to be epic money makers.
I would prefer to hear the usual rated PG-13/R version of Cooper and Peyton's banter. The College Bowl humor that Cooper puts out is very safe for broadcast tv, leaving Peyton to just shake his head or give a very safe putdown of Cooper. You can tell they are both funny guys, but are stifled by the okie-dokie, golly-gee-whiz constraints of that show. More of Peyton throwing footballs into the faces of little kids, taunting them, and teaching them how to steal a car, please!

VN Store

Back