Peyton Manning’s FIRST NFL Game Worn Jersey

Fell on hard times.

Speaking of hard times, I found the only face mask I care to wear :

il_570xN.2444028872_kkew.jpg
That, is AWESOME!!!

Reactions: sona
What a cool piece of history. Hope you get it. A Vol fan definitely deserves to own that. Kind of a silly question because I know what you pay your memorabilia. But, do you try these on? I mean it would be a must if I owned your collection.

Can you please give me an objective reason why you think this is insane? I’m truly interested in your reasoning.
I see it sounding insane to some, based off the $ for a jersey. Then you have to consider the investment potential. I'd say you have a pretty wise collection.

Could a sports memorabilia collection be used as financial collateral?

Can you please give me an objective reason why you think this is insane? I’m truly interested in your reasoning.
The amount of wealth in this Country, is staggering. Whatever you did to earn it, kudos. I'm certainly happy for you, and, in some respects jealous, wishing I had free capital to do as I pleased.

We all work hard, in our own ways. So congrats to you for what you perceive as succes. Really, I mean that.

Let me be more specific, the act, not you personally, of spending what amounts to one, two, or three years wages for some on here may be perceived as grand standing. Ergo throwing that kind of money away on a jersey, to me, is insanity...clearly not knowing the memorabilia market if you intend to flip it for more $.

Your money, your choice. You choose to talk about it in a public forum. You asked me to clarify, so...

Reactions: DuckInAPen

But... you got to be a little crazy if you're willing to spend that kind of dough on a piece of fabr...I mean...history.

Weve seen your closet, Doc. We know you're a madman.

Good luck w the auction. That is the Holy Grail of modern sports unis.

The amount of wealth in this Country, is staggering. Whatever you did to earn it, kudos. I'm certainly happy for you, and, in some respects jealous, wishing I had free capital to do as I pleased.

We all work hard, in our own ways. So congrats to you for what you perceive as succes. Really, I mean that.

Let me be more specific, the act, not you personally, of spending what amounts to one, two, or three years wages for some on here may be perceived as grand standing. Ergo throwing that kind of money away on a jersey, to me, is insanity...clearly not knowing the memorabilia market if you intend to flip it for more $.

Your money, your choice. You choose to talk about it in a public forum. You asked me to clarify, so...

Thank you for your reply and I respect your thoughts. I’d like to address a couple of points you made. First is the idea of me “grandstanding.” I can assure you I’m anything but a grandstander. I would never ever try to hurt, diminish, condescend, nor put down anyone that might not have the financial resources to purchase memorabilia of this level. Further, as a child I was poor as dirt. I had nothing. Sometimes not even food. My father has a 6th grade education and my mom made it to the 9th grade. I know exactly what poor feels like and I’d never wish that on anyone. I’ve been there. I’ve walked the walk. It’s no fun. Lastly, you mentioned me quote “throwing that kind of money away.” I promise you this purchase is not throwing away any money. It’s a purchase that will appreciate dramatically over time…not to mention the incredible historical provenance it represents. I could give you examples of dramatic financial rewards I’ve reaped in the memorabilia industry….but based upon the subject of this very conversation I will choose not to. I don’t want to further any idea nor notion that I’m a grandstander nor a show off. Again thank you for your truthful thoughts and I hope I’ve addressed any confusion caused by my posts.

I bet most of us have passions that we spend what would be an eye-popping amount on to outsiders. The good Doc is just playing with an extra zero or two for his purchases. It's cool though, a unique hobby and it will appreciate in value.

Ask your wife or girlfriend what she spent on that purse. Same reaction, different scale :D

I bet most of us have passions that we spend what would be an eye-popping amount on to outsiders. The good Doc is just playing with an extra zero or two for his purchases. It's cool though, a unique hobby and it will appreciate in value.

Ask your wife or girlfriend what she spent on that purse. Same reaction, different scale :D

Agree! Those $3,000 Louis Vuitton purses depreciate in value too……

Ok, I admit that I am a little jealous but that is on me and not on doctorloomis. I should have been smarter early on about saving money, investing, etc.. I am fortunate that I am fairly comfortable.
I am thankful that doctor look is sharing his experience with us and it feels like his enjoyment rubs off on me so keep posting.

VN Store

Back