Peyton Manning’s FIRST NFL Game Worn Jersey

So is this your grail? How many times would something like this change hands? I am sure people let things go for all manner of reasons, but this looks like a sure-fire keeper to me.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Why would Peyton not keep something like this for himself?

Fell on hard times.

Speaking of hard times, I found the only face mask I care to wear :

il_570xN.2444028872_kkew.jpg

He probably had 2 one before half and one after half. Or maybe he didn't think it would be a big deal. How much is something like this?

He only wore one jersey in this game. Photo matching proves that. As for price…. I’d estimate $50,000 to $75,000. I’m prepared to go well into 6 figures if I have to.

He only wore one jersey in this game. Photo matching proves that. As for price…. I’d estimate $50,000 to $75,000. I’m prepared to go well into 6 figures if I have to.

Wow ! Keep doing what you do . I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t living vicariously through you and your awesome collection . I think it’s great that you have the ability to do this .

You’re a freaking maniac but I love your passion and persistence in getting these collectors items.
So much history there.

You need to open a museum so we can all enjoy your amazing collection. You could charge admission and recoup a tiny portion of what you've spent ;)

Admission should be a Vol item. I still have some nice Vol hats left. Some worn less than others. I still have some I’ve not yet done yard work in, well no sweat lines at least.

I jealous. When I mention 6 figures the person I’m talking to should immediately start incorporating a decimal after the 3rd number. LOL. Good luck to you.

Reactions: DOCTORLOOMIS
I am curious about what fuels this kind of passion? Is it a personal desire to own a piece of history, an investment, or maybe a combination of both?

I know everyone has things they care deeply about. From the outside looking in, others rarely understand them.

This is a serious outlay, and it is obviously worth every penny to the Doc. Kind of fascinating to be honest.

Just curious, are you worried making a public admission on how bad you want this / how much you are willing to pay might artificially drive up the price? If I was the current owner, seeing this would automatically make me start the bidding at over 100k, whereas before I might have been planning to start much lower.

Reactions: Samthebam
I am curious about what fuels this kind of passion? Is it a personal desire to own a piece of history, an investment, or maybe a combination of both?

I know everyone has things they care deeply about. From the outside looking in, others rarely understand them.

This is a serious outlay, and it is obviously worth every penny to the Doc. Kind of fascinating to be honest.
We do know that whoever dr loomis leaves his collection to will never have to work again in his/her life if they so choose.

Reactions: Grudenator and sona

Fantastic question…..and the answer is both. I appreciate the history and also the investment opportunities.

Just curious, are you worried making a public admission on how bad you want this / how much you are willing to pay might artificially drive up the price? If I was the current owner, seeing this would automatically make me start the bidding at over 100k, whereas before I might have been planning to start much lower.

Not at all. At this level of collecting there’s no game playing. The highest bidder will win no matter if the starting bid is one dollar.

VN Store

Back