Pete Thammel Hit Piece

That was the exact phrasing that stuck out to me. Almost all of the article is ridiculously over the top pearl clutching, but that one quote is just clearly empirically incorrect. I don’t know if he does this on purpose for hate clicks or he’s just an idiot but that article was embarrassing. Some fans threw water bottles, happens about 30 times a year at various stadiums. It’s not 9/11

Him and Wolken have historically been the two of the worst in slamming the Vols from my recollection.

Not remotely surprised he piled on immediately.

Dredging up Schiano was especially bush league too.

That kind of reaction from the fans could have happened to any coach on that sideline last night not named Saban.

I didn't bother to read this article as I refuse to be one of the "clickers" who contributes to the number of views he gets. But reading the above comment confirms my prediction on this board last night that some journalist would dredge up the Schiano Sunday protest to hammer us again.
Listen folks, remember that only a very few fans threw things. Likely most that did were in the student section and being immature. Why is the university and the majority of the non-sinning fanbase to be punished for the acts of a few? This is just another example of UT being "low hanging fruit" to the virtue signalers out there who need to preach to us about how to behave. Almost all of us fans KNOW how to behave.
The answer is to put a 10 year ban on anyone who throws anything in the future, and to create measures that reduce the likelihood of such happening again (more restrictions re: what is allowed into Neyland, etc). There is no justifiable reason to punish our great fanbase for the behavior of the few. And I won't be stained by this. I didn't throw one damned thing, nor have I condoned it.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
What happened last night was wrong. It was embarrassing. But make no mistake what Thamel’s motive is. Three separate times in that article he pivoted back to Schiano Sunday.

Three times in an article about UT fans throwing trash he brings up a Twitter revolt against a coaching hire…two things that have absolutely nothing in common.

These hacks like Thamel and Wolken and Pat Forde are still pissed that Tennessee fans rejected Schiano. They’re still hunting for their pound of flesh. And they stick together.

I didn't bother to read this article as I refuse to be one of the "clickers" who contributes to the number of views he gets.
Here's an archive link that doesn't give him a click.
Takeaways: What should Tennessee's punishment be for ugly scene in Knoxville?

Third rate journalists hate this simple archive trick. Thamel in particular hates being held accountable for what he writes.

Probably not worth the 2 minutes of your life you'll never get back if you read it.

WATCH: British NFL Fans Throw Bottles on Field After Taunting Penalty

Apparently, unruly behavior at NFL games is not strictly an American phenomenon after British NFL fans began pelting the field with bottles and cups after an unfavorable call in London on Sunday.

British NFL Fans Throw Bottles on Field After Penalty During Jags Game[/QUOTE
However, this will be viewed as the most egregious hurling of dangerous items ever by the drive by media. Such a shame that golf ball bounced into Kiff. And he is keeping it as a momento. We will be abused nationally. But I'm just getting tired of the crap that is hurled onto the majority of a great fan base who doesn't condone what happened.

We slapped a big ol' target on our chest and invited him to take the shot. Can't witch and moan when he walks though the door some of our idiot fans opened for him.
I can. I didn't throw a single item. And the great great majority of our great fans did not either. Baby with the bathwater anyone?

It is over the top and the vast majority of UT fans have never and would never behave like this. This does NOT reflect the UT fan base.

Having said that, I never wanna hear another word about some idiot fan(s) allegedly throwing a cup of urine in Gainesville 25 years ago. All fan bases have their fair share of idiots.
I also remember fans being hit with spark plugs thrown at them in the stands in Gainesville back when Peyton was still playing.

Ubben, Forde, Thamel and the Woke. Mt. Rushmore of petty, self indulgent agenda journalism.

The funny thing about this is none of these guys have said anything about Iowa fans literally doing the exact same thing on the exact same day.

This is what happens when you act a fool in front of a national audience. The national audience doesn't care about bad SEC officiating and likely didn't see (or care) about the string of bad calls leading up to that. They don't care about flopping and the cameras didn't show the Ole Miss players taunting the student section so they wouldn't know about that.

What they saw was what the cameras showed and, without context, it looks like a petulant fanbase throwing a fit. So that's what they're going to write about. Nothing more, nothing less. They know we, as a fanbase, are easily riled and they've been doing it for decades and they're feeding a national audience that has also been told that we're nothing but inbred toothless hillbillies through media portrayals for decades.

TL;DR it's nothing new, especially from Thamel

While what happened at Neyland last night was uncalled for and embarrassing. This guy’s article is over the top.

Takeaways: What should Tennessee's punishment be for ugly scene in Knoxville?
He never played a down of organized sports in his entire sissy life and he writes an article like this? Sports writers are a dime a dozen and their opinions really don’t matter. The issue is with the SEC being corrupt and hiring ignorant officials who are either purchase or criminal in nature. They could just be inept at their jobs. The SEC needs a overhaul now.

I was at the game sitting the the corner of the south end zone. I completely understand why Ole Miss folks were so concerned about their players getting hurt by water bottles. Hell, about 40 were injured just standing around waiting on the next snap.

Reactions: JRich

VN Store

Back