Pete Buttigieg on paternity leave during supply chain crisis...

Yellow owns a few regionals like New Penn and Redaway. I think they own a couple others too, don’t know if they are affected or not
USF Holland, they told our warehouses they were not doing pick ups late last week

the drivers will just get sucked up by expanded competitors
It’s not quite that simple. Companies have to have the infrastructure to bring on more drivers and lanes, companies have to have the trucks, less competition means rates could increase further, etc. Of course, there’s driver pensions that will still have to be paid as well and that impacts all of us. This will certainly have an impact far beyond some drivers being out of work briefly before being absorbed into expanded competitors.

It’s not quite that simple. Companies have to have the infrastructure to bring on more drivers and lanes, companies have to have the trucks, less competition means rates could increase further, etc. Of course, there’s driver pensions that will still have to be paid as well and that impacts all of us. This will certainly have an impact far beyond some drivers being out of work briefly before being absorbed into expanded competitors.

there is a huge unfulfilled demand for drivers right now
i would imagine they aren’t even fully staffed to use max resources…speculating

those Yellow trucks or even facilities may even be purchased by competitors

there is a huge unfulfilled demand for drivers right now
i would imagine they aren’t even fully staffed to use max resources…speculating

those Yellow trucks or even facilities may even be purchased by competitors
There’s always a driver shortage for sure.

Reactions: Orangeburst

VN Store

Back