Per Hyams - Tennessee shut down due to Covid

Every single football player on any team should have a) the antibodies or b) the vaccine. If that doesn’t happen you’re stupid. This nonsense has gone on long enough.

As stated in my previous post, I think all the guidelines including the mask mandates are bs, BUT I still wear a mask in public because there's a lot of people out there who don't think it's bs and who are genuinely scared. So out of respect for them, I wear the mask and try not to complain about it.
To me that's a form of lying. It is affirming belief in a false narrative that keeps them in unnecessary fear.

Not condemning you. I just think differently on that line of reasoning.

Both
Prevent spread of respiratory pathogens
Prospective double-blind cross over trial with a p<0.05 proving the null hypothesis
Unfortunately... we now have a MASSIVE real life trial showing masks aren't effective in stopping or mitigating Covid.

Most masks are engineered to protect the wearer. A seal is made during inhale and broken during exhale.

I don't think it is either. There's a middle ground between "shut everything down" and politicizing science to the point of not taking some simple proactive measures like wearing a mask around others. But it's easier to defend a position and not sound like a complete A-Hole by saying your against shutting everything down and life must go on then it is to say you're against taking medical advice from public health experts and too much a snowflake to wear a mask and help stop the spread and protect the most vulnerable.

States that have had super strict mask mandates still have COVID outbreaks. Stop with your moral mask wearing BS. A mask is doing nothing more than providing a placebo effect. You can still get and spread COVID while wearing a mask. The fact is there is NO stopping this virus. Wearing a mask, quarantine and vaccines won’t stop it.

Reactions: sjt18
Here is a thought that I’ve had ever since the introduction of “COVID-19”. If it is such a horrific disease, where are the biohazard boxes for all of the used masks? 🤔

Reactions: feathersax
States that have had super strict mask mandates still have COVID outbreaks. Stop with your moral mask wearing BS. A mask is doing nothing more than providing a placebo effect. You can still get and spread COVID while wearing a mask. The fact is there is NO stopping this virus. Wearing a mask, quarantine and vaccines won’t stop it.

Thanks, Doctor.

I swear it’s mind boggling to see people still think this COVID crap is this ultra deadly thing that is such a a huge threat. Our glorious government has created a ridiculous state of fear that unfortunately a vast majority of the people have bought into hook, line and sinker. So sad.

The over half-a-millions Americans who have died from Covid in the past 10 months disagree.

I don't think it is either. There's a middle ground between "shut everything down" and politicizing science to the point of not taking some simple proactive measures like wearing a mask around others. But it's easier to defend a position and not sound like a complete A-Hole by saying your against shutting everything down and life must go on then it is to say you're against taking medical advice from public health experts and too much a snowflake to wear a mask and help stop the spread and protect the most vulnerable.
The one calling others of being a-holes suggested someone else was inbred for disagreeing with them?

You are the one who has bought into politicized "science". There is now overwhelming data concerning the effectiveness of masks. They do not stop Covid spikes. They do not mitigate Covid spikes once they've started.

There ARE other effective ways to manage and fight the virus.

If you were simply saying that people with symptoms should wear a mask then I could go along with that. Masks do catch large droplets from sneezes and coughs. But putting perfectly health people in masks is offering a placebo that may give some a false sense of security and "trust" in the "experts". That's why you aren't seeing those numbers widely publicized.

I saw a study out of Europe a while back demonstrating that non-symptomatic spread was unlikely to start with and minimally impacted by a mask.

I'm not opposed to doing things to fight the virus. I am against doing things that have no proven value while ignoring things that have demonstrated value.

The over half-a-millions Americans who have died from Covid in the past 10 months disagree.
Another false narrative... color me shocked.

That number is the number who have died WITH covid... not "from". My father in law had COPD and emphysema. He had 10-15% lung capacity and used oxygen all the time. He caught Covid, started to get better, got worse, and passed away. The flu or even a bad cold could have done the same thing to him... but he was listed as a "Covid death" in spite of having chronic, progressive lung disease for over 30 years.

And... the early death variance numbers just started coming out. I believe the increase in total US deaths was 30,000 or so LESS than the death claims for Covid. This is before you consider the deaths that occurred from various causes due to the shutdowns. At one point, cancer referrals and treatments were down 85% due to fear of being exposed to Covid. Many of those people died. Suicides and other deaths of despair are up sharply.

The short answer... is that Covid deaths have been significantly overcounted.

All masks are not created equal. Are you talking about N95(or KN95) masks or some other types of masks that are not as effective, sjt18?

Have you considered the consequences of someone thinking you know what you are talking about and actually don't vaccinate or make other efforts to protect themselves as a result? That's a big lift when you may well be wrong...which in fact you are, conclusively and settled, absolutely wrong.

That number is the number who have died WITH covid... not "from". My father in law had COPD and emphysema. He had 10-15% lung capacity and used oxygen all the time. He caught Covid, started to get better, got worse, and passed away. The flu or even a bad cold could have done the same thing to him... but he was listed as a "Covid death" in spite of having chronic, progressive lung disease for over 30 years.

And... the early death variance numbers just started coming out. I believe the increase in total US deaths was 30,000 or so LESS than the death claims for Covid. This is before you consider the deaths that occurred from various causes due to the shutdowns. At one point, cancer referrals and treatments were down 85% due to fear of being exposed to Covid. Many of those people died. Suicides and other deaths of despair are up sharply.

Not to sound blunt but if your father-in-law had drowned in a body of water, would you make the argument that he died as a result of drowning or because he had severe COPD? In other words, would you say that drownings have been overcounted?

Amen!! As widely reported several former/current LEOs were riding motorcycles when a car plowed into the group, three of the motorcycle riders were killed - all three death certificates listed cause of death . . . drum roll . . . COVID-19! The wives of the riders were outraged and demanded that the ME change the certificates accordingly as none of the LEOs had symptoms or had tested positive for COVID-19.

There are many other news articles of similar instances were COVID-19 was listed as the cause of death and family members stating that the deceased did not have or test positive for the illness.

If COVID truly was the cause of death, per the media of over 500,000, why is the average deaths in the US from 2019 to 2020 only separated by approximately 160,000 or an increase of 1.12%? On average over 800,000 people die in the US per year since before 2010 with an average increase per year of over 1%, with what has been widely reported wouldn't this number be closer to 1,300,000 deaths?

The number of COVID-19 deaths have been greatly exaggerated - imagine that.

Oh, here is the link that I used for the statistics - and don't give me any crap for the banner on the top of the CDC page.

U.S. Death Rate 1950-2021 | MacroTrends

GBO

Amen!! As widely reported several former/current LEOs were riding motorcycles when a car plowed into the group, three of the motorcycle riders were killed - all three death certificates listed cause of death . . . drum roll . . . COVID-19! The wives of the riders were outraged and demanded that the ME change the certificates accordingly as none of the LEOs had symptoms or had tested positive for COVID-19.

There are many other news articles of similar instances were COVID-19 was listed as the cause of death and family members stating that the deceased did not have or test positive for the illness.

If COVID truly was the cause of death, per the media of over 500,000, why is the average deaths in the US from 2019 to 2020 only separated by approximately 160,000 or an increase of 1.12%? On average over 800,000 people die in the US per year since before 2010 with an average increase per year of over 1%, with what has been widely reported wouldn't this number be closer to 1,300,000 deaths?

The number of COVID-19 deaths have been greatly exaggerated - imagine that.

Oh, here is the link that I used for the statistics - and don't give me any crap for the banner on the top of the CDC page.

U.S. Death Rate 1950-2021 | MacroTrends

GBO

What would the motivation be to give a cause of death something that it isn't? Covid-19 is not a valid 'cause of death' and would not pass scrutiny. Pneumonia secondary to Covid would fly. I seriously doubt the validity of the story you reference.

VN Store

Back