Per Hyams - Tennessee shut down due to Covid

#30

miket4god

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2008
Messages
1,141
Likes
1,479
#30
Wait.

Why the long faces?

Spring practice isn't scheduled to start until Tuesday (the 23rd), anyway.

Re-read the tweet: "...is scheduled to reopen on Monday [the 22nd], if no further outbreaks."

Monday comes before Tuesday.

Why all the heavy mouth-breathing?
Because overreaction is what happens around these parts
 
#31

butchna

Sit down and tell me all about it...way over there
Joined
Jan 6, 2013
Messages
89,384
Likes
139,542
#31
I still wear a mask when I go to crowded places, because (a) 5% chance you're not covered, even with vaccine (the best vaccines are 95% effective, not 100%), and (b) it reassures the people who haven't yet gotten the chance at a vaccine.

Costs me next to nothing to add that little extra bit of protection and significant (for some) extra reassurance. No-brainer.
Both the wife and I got our second shots weeks ago. Wear our masks anyway in public. Don’t trust the science of do or don’t until it’s properly vetted. Ran the remote control truck with the grandson yesterday without the mask but if a crowd gathered, I had the mask handy. Like you said, reassurance...for others more than myself.
 
#32

turnuptheVOLtage

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2010
Messages
1,873
Likes
2,509
#32
Didn’t we have one of the most strict covid reporting guidelines/protocols out of all of the SEC cities last year?

We will for sure miss time again due to this sh*t if we cannot exempt TOP 0.5% ATHLETES from worrying about a virus with a 99.7% survival rate..

Danny White needs to get something done here honestly. I’m not sure what it is but I can see what will happen already. Kids coming back from spring break, campus will have a slight “spike” in covid ... football team outbreak - we miss 75% of spring practice... great
 
Likes: lifeisdeep
#36

SprocketRocket

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2014
Messages
304
Likes
759
#36
As others have stated, spring practice doesn't start until next week, so I have my fingers crossed that things will open back up by practice time.
 
Last edited:
#37

robow

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2009
Messages
649
Likes
683
#37
This is long, long, long past stupid. There are very effective treatments. There is now a significant degree of immunity in the population with or without the vaccine.

I don't wear a mask for the same reason I don't take sugar pills for a headache.
You are right my friend; but hopefully you might cure stupid, if you take those sugar pills.
 
#38

OrangeSoddyDaisy

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2015
Messages
1,318
Likes
715
#38
Here's the deal...

Ignore the virus, it wins.
Follow simple guidelines, it loses.

Quarantining less than 10 days (14 is better) is a loser.

If everyone, at any point since March 2020, would have (or would in the future) follow the simple guidelines of masking, 6 feet distancing, and washing hands for 2 weeks, this would have been (and will be) over. Don't do it and it won't until you either get the disease or get vaccinated.

Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it isn't there.

Argue all you want but biology wins the argument.
 
#39

Mtnvol80

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2018
Messages
392
Likes
373
#39
I don't wear a mask for the same reason I didn't take sugar pills for my fever when I had pneumonia following Covid.

That's a good story... My daughter lives with us and works in a nursing home with some of the strictest mask and sanitation rules anywhere. We never required masks at my workplace but installed bipolar ionization air systems instead. We have had ZERO transmissions in our workplace in spite of near constant "close contact" and having had several infected people on site. We caught Covid FROM MY DAUGHTER. They have had multiple transmissions among their small staff.

Covid spikes and subsides regardless of mask use. When Covid hits, masks do nothing to mitigate it. Masks... are a placebo.

Exactly. Hell the masks people wear have about as much protection as my underwear and they don't even wear them "correctly". I work with over 220 people in close contact. Out of those about 130 come in contact with 100+ people outside the building, not counting who they come in contact with outside of work. Masks were optional and less than 5 wore them (shockingly it was only the sjw libs) . We've had very few cases and none severe. Mostly cold like symptoms or lost of smell/taste.
 
#40

WilcoVolsFan

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
359
Likes
544
#40
WOW . . . when is this nonsense going to end? A survival rate of over 99% and higher for those under 65 and no underlying health conditions . . . let these kids practice!! Oh, and free our basketball teams!!!!!
Thanks for the advice, Doctor. :rolleyes:

I mean, I was all set to listen to actual medical professionals and public health experts, but your ALL CAPS and multiple exclamation points has changed my mind!!!!!
 
#44

WilcoVolsFan

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
359
Likes
544
#44
I still wear a mask when I go to crowded places, because (a) 5% chance you're not covered, even with vaccine (the best vaccines are 95% effective, not 100%), and (b) it reassures the people who haven't yet gotten the chance at a vaccine.

Costs me next to nothing to add that little extra bit of protection and significant (for some) extra reassurance. No-brainer.
Unfortunately the anti-Vax/Mask/Science crowd isn't just ignorant, they're also some of the most belligerent, close-minded, @$$holes you'll ever come across.

Talk tough but the biggest bunch of snowflakes for a relatively minor inconvenience that could've saved tens-of-thousands of lives.
 
Last edited:
#45

sjt18

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2006
Messages
45,090
Likes
33,994
#45
Exactly. Hell the masks people wear have about as much protection as my underwear and they don't even wear them "correctly". I work with over 220 people in close contact. Out of those about 130 come in contact with 100+ people outside the building, not counting who they come in contact with outside of work. Masks were optional and less than 5 wore them (shockingly it was only the sjw libs) . We've had very few cases and none severe. Mostly cold like symptoms or lost of smell/taste.
Here's what we did. The case study alone was worth $500 to see if they work. If you have good HVAC people working for the company you can buy the units for around $350 or so.

iWave-R Air Purifier Nu-Calgon
 
#46

WilcoVolsFan

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
359
Likes
544
#46
I hate when people use statistics like this to argue that the severity of the virus is overblown. So what point are we making here? That people over 65 years old don't matter?
Or the 100K American U65 that have also died. Not to mention the hundreds of thousands more who've lived but have required hospitalization and suffered ongoing impacts.
 
#47

DickeyD

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2020
Messages
330
Likes
334
#47
So, YOU caught it from your Daughter and then spread it to your workplace...Did I read that right or what?




I don't wear a mask for the same reason I didn't take sugar pills for my fever when I had pneumonia following Covid.

That's a good story... My daughter lives with us and works in a nursing home with some of the strictest mask and sanitation rules anywhere. We never required masks at my workplace but installed bipolar ionization air systems instead. We have had ZERO transmissions in our workplace in spite of near constant "close contact" and having had several infected people on site. We caught Covid FROM MY DAUGHTER. They have had multiple transmissions among their small staff.

Covid spikes and subsides regardless of mask use. When Covid hits, masks do nothing to mitigate it. Masks... are a placebo.
 
#50

Mightyvol

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2011
Messages
1,303
Likes
2,162
#50
WOW . . . when is this nonsense going to end? A survival rate of over 99% and higher for those under 65 and no underlying health conditions . . . let these kids practice!! Oh, and free our basketball teams!!!!

GBO - beat the Dawgs, Beavers and who ever else lines up against the VOLS!!
What happened to the goal of “herd immunity?” Unelected people have too much power as it relates to this issue. It needs to be fixed in Knoxville and Knox County...IMHO.
 
Likes: BigDave

VN Store




Top