Per ESPN Pruitt looking fwd to tell his side of the story.

Don’t care. I don’t ever want to hear him or Fulmer talk about TN ever again.
Same. Its all going to be sour grapes at this point. Typical bammer deflection. You got caught red handed and its still not your fault.

Somebody told him to do it, then somebody told on him for doing it. Same as it ever was.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Not necessarily, waiting for the NCAA to show their cards was probably a smart move. They just told him what they know.

Do you know who lawsuits work? Disclosure of the facts is the first step after the suit is filed. Pruitt could have received this long ago if he wanted this. Then there are depositions which are sworn testimony of all parties. And you must file within a year which Pruitt didn’t.

If Pruitt had serious information 1) he’d filed a suit long ago, & 2) it would have involved a hell of alot more than $60k.

If I’m interviewing him on ESPN I’d ask “is this how it’s done other places you & your wife have been?” If not “why did you do it at Tennessee?” And last “ when Jeremy Banks was arrested “you’re on camera saying this isn’t done anywhere else, what did you mean by that? “

Last edited:
Reactions: VaBornVol
Do you know who lawsuits work? Disclosure of the facts is the first step after the suit is filed. Pruitt could have received this long ago if he wanted this. Then there are depositions which are sworn testimony of all parties. And you must file within a year which Pruitt didn’t.

If Pruitt had serious information 1) he’d filed a suit long ago, & 2) it would have involved a hell of alot more than $60k.
Why does everybody have to be Johnny Badass on here? You NEVER know who you are talking to. So you don't think there is going to be a lawsuit? You think LWS is wrong and Pruitt is just going to go quietly? That's an interesting take if so, I think you're wrong. Pruitt has nothing to lose now.

So you don't think there is going to be a lawsuit? You think LWS is wrong and Pruitt is just going to go quietly?

I don’t think he’s going quietly obviously but it’s his career he murdering. He could rebuild his career but he won’t with a lawsuit that will be heard in Knoxville Tennessee. Against a former employer.

Last edited:
Pruitt can forget coaching in college for a few yrs now. He will still coach in the NFL and maintain his innocents.
If ahy college team EVER hires him again they should have thier heads examined...I would be shocked if he ever coaches college again.

Yes, I think the time for a lawsuit has past but it could be a legal question. I don’t think he’s going quietly obviously but it’s his career he murdering.
I've litigated for 20 years, but in Georgia not Tennessee. In Georgia, the statute of limitations for contractual claims is 6 years, and that's the norm in contract law though if Tennessee has a shorter period for contract based claims, I'd defer to a Tennessee lawyer on that. I'd be SHOCKED if the contract SOL is any less than 2 years though and it hasn't been 2 years. It's true you can learn quite a bit in discovery but discovery is also a reciprocal process, in this case Pruitt has learned what the NCAA knows without subjecting himself to discovery and he can formulate his complaint accordingly. There are pros and cons regarding the exact timing of when to file a lawsuit but one advantage to waiting is you get to gather more information, I can see a group of lawyers deciding strategically to wait and let the NCAA show it's cards and let UT take a position. The NCAA isn't likely to be a party to the suit anyway, that'll be UT mainly.

Why does everybody have to be Johnny Badass on here? You NEVER know who you are talking to. So you don't think there is going to be a lawsuit? You think LWS is wrong and Pruitt is just going to go quietly? That's an interesting take if so, I think you're wrong. Pruitt has nothing to lose now.

Obviously you do know how lawsuits work. Yes, Tenn has 6 yr for contract claims.

I didn’t intend to be badass but disclosure is the first step. Pruitt could have forced UT/NCAA to disclosure/discovery everything they had on his violations long before Friday after media days (you think that was coincidence?) He didn’t need to wait on this NOI. Obviously with your experience you know that nothing in the NOI was disclosed that wouldn’t have been uncovered during discovery.

Pruitts problem is his contract allowed for termination upon his violation of NCAA regulations which have been confirmed by UT & the NCAA.

The longer this goes the worse it looks for him. 1) He ain’t working anywhere 2) UT got the first punch showing he’s a cheater & got his spouse involved & 3) NCAA has basically closed the investigation now. I’m sure the NCAA talked with him & if he has more information than what he gave them, he’s just a liar too.

Last edited:
I didn’t intend to be badass but disclosure is the first step. Pruitt could have forced UT/NCAA to disclosure everything they had on his violations long before Friday after media days (you think that was coincidence?) He didn’t need to wait on this NOI.

He and every party (PF, DP, etc) could have been deposed by now. The longer this goes the worse it looks for him. 1) He ain’t working anywhere 2) UT got the first punch showing he’s a cheater & got his spouse involved & 3) NCAA has basically closed the investigation now. I’m sure the NCAA talked with him & if he has more information than what he gave them, he’s just a liar too.
He hasn't subjected himself to discovery yet though. By waiting he's got to see the NCAA's cards for free. Based on the way things are going I tend to think LWS is right, in that: 1) Pruitt is not going to go quietly; 2) ultimately he probably won't get much of anywhere with the suit because his hands are so dirty too regardless of what is said, and 3) it's going to be a continuing black eye for the school in the press for awhile.

He hasn't subjected himself to discovery yet though. By waiting he's got to see the NCAA's cards for free. Based on the way things are going I tend to think LWS is right, in that: 1) Pruitt is not going to go quietly; 2) ultimately he probably won't get much of anywhere with the suit because his hands are so dirty too regardless of what is said, and 3) it's going to be a continuing black eye for the school in the press for awhile.

1) It obvious he’s not going quietly if he goes to ESPN 2) his lawsuit doesn’t stand much of a chance since he has “dirty hands” & 3) UT is better off with the media talking about a disgruntled ex cheating coach than opposing coaches telling recruits of potential NCAA penalties hanging over them.

After a while though, don't you kind of have to wear your black eye with pride though? Sure Pruitt can give us a shiner, but only because we also fought back.

In terms of the press crucifixion, quite frankly who gives a crap. If we have to be outlaws then so be it. We would probably gain fans from that anyway, some people always want to root for the "bad guy". How else do you explain the Miami fanbases?

After a while though, don't you kind of have to wear your black eye with pride though? Sure Pruitt can give us a shiner, but only because we also fought back.

In terms of the press crucifixion, quite frankly who gives a crap. If we have to be outlaws then so be it. We would probably gain fans from that anyway, some people always want to root for the "bad guy". How else do you explain the Miami fanbases?
That's precisely why I think Pruitt will not go quietly. He's finished with that stuff in the NOA unless he changes the narrative. He's probably finished regardless, but he can go for Alabama folk hero status by attempting to set our program on fire even more. If he gets Fulmer a show cause or something he'd probably never have to buy a beer in the State again. As far as the press effect, it depends on what comes out.

I'm struggling to see any possible reason Pruitt has to sue. Wrongful termination suits have to be filed within 180 days. His contract quite clearly stated that he could be fired with cause for NCAA violations, of which he wracked up 18. He could maybe attempt to file a breach of contract suit but it should proceed absolutely nowhere.

Let Gump flap his jaws. All he's gonna do is guarantee he never gets another power 5 gig. The damage him and Phil did to our program should never be forgiven. Thank God for Danny and Heup. It's amazing how quickly they got us out of the pit.

Reactions: volpass

I doubt he ever files a lawsuit. Pruitt has to respond to the NCAA's NOA given to Tennessee. Every person named in the NOA has to respond.

That is when he will have a say about any of this with his lawyer in tow. IMO, if he names anyone else not referenced in the NOA, he better have hard evidence or its just a waste of time to bring those names forward. This is also why I've amended my stance on how soon the responses back to the NCAA will occur. I don't see Pruitt or others moving quickly to respond.

I doubt he ever files a lawsuit. Pruitt has to respond to the NCAA's NOA given to Tennessee. Every person named in the NOA has to respond.

That is when he will have a say about any of this with his lawyer in tow. IMO, if he names anyone else not referenced in the NOA, he better have hard evidence or its just a waste of time to bring those names forward. This is also why I've amended my stance on how soon the responses back to the NCAA will occur. I don't see Pruitt or others moving quickly to respond.
Don't they typically have 90 days to respond? That's quite awhile, conceivably it could be middle of the season.

from another thread SIAP

Still probably my favorite exchange from that whole ordeal. Pruitt’s lawyer threatening to spill new dirt if he didn’t get a buyout, and UT’s lawyers responding that that was really funny considering it was an admission that there was undisclosed dirt, which would be a failure in compliance and just another reason to fire him for cause.

The idea that Jeremy Pruitt has the ability to write a “tell-all” book . . . or a book of any kind . . . made me laugh hysterically.
Kevin Steele said he could, I agree Pruitt's would have to be ghost written. He's not much with letters and such.

“To be real frank with you, I could write a book now about nothing more than those 18 days. So much so that if I did choose to write a book, it would be a Netflix series,” ---Kevin Steele Dennis Dodd on CBS Sports.

VN Store

Back