Per ESPN Auburn Has Hired Freeze

If you’ve ever had or will have construction done at your home, I would bet good money that some members of the crew have done far worse than Freeze and have the paperwork to prove it. And you have no idea what some of the people you manage do in their spare time.
Edit-I am with you on a few points; would they steal from me or my customers, would they be a threat to coworkers in any way, ect. But I go with my gut on those things. But if they pass that smell test, my main concern is that they perform well for me. I don’t know what you would consider in terms of ethics and morality. But if one of my guys blows all of his paycheck in a strip bar after work, I could care less.
I can’t control the workers that a construction company uses. Just like I can’t control the employees who serve me at a grocery store or a doctor’s office. But for direct reports, I can generally tell what mine were doing and it usually correlated to productivity. Generally I don’t care what they are doing at home. But if they were proven to be lying, cheating to get ahead or getting the company in trouble, they were gone quickly. Or if I found they had done it at previous jobs they never would have been hired. All things that Freeze has in his background.

If you can read anything into Cohen’s statement on the hiring, he said they finished where they started. I think Kiffin was always a distant second. He and Freeze have the same agent, and he knew what the pecking order was. I think this because he sure was bitchy anytime anyone brought Auburn up.

Nah...Cohen is lying thru his teeth.

I can’t control the workers that a construction company uses. Just like I can’t control the employees who serve me at a grocery store or a doctor’s office. But for direct reports, I can generally tell what mine were doing and it usually correlated to productivity. Generally I don’t care what they are doing at home. But if they were proven to be lying, cheating to get ahead or getting the company in trouble, they were gone quickly. Or if I found they had done it at previous jobs they never would have been hired. All things that Freeze has in his background.
We are in agreement for the most part. Freeze did nothing to hurt anyone but his family and his reputation. I think that when you get publicly humiliated like he did, you don’t go back and try it again. Not to mention the scrutiny that he will be under for the rest of his career. I was in the boxing business for a long time, and I was the only person around that had no record or history of shenanigans. I think the coaching profession is similar. You might find a choir boy that can beat Alabama every year, but your chances suck.

We are in agreement for the most part. Freeze did nothing to hurt anyone but his family and his reputation. I think that when you get publicly humiliated like he did, you don’t go back and try it again. Not to mention the scrutiny that he will be under for the rest of his career. I was in the boxing business for a long time, and I was the only person around that had no record or history of shenanigans. I think the coaching profession is similar. You might find a choir boy that can beat Alabama every year, but your chances suck.

So you’re saying Hype is a choir boy?

So you’re saying Hype is a choir boy?
We definitely got a good one with Heupel, but show me another one that would be willing to go to Auburn. They got the best guy they could for what they needed. They are gambling that he’s learned his lesson.

We definitely got a good one with Heupel, but show me another one that would be willing to go to Auburn. They got the best guy they could for what they needed. They are gambling that he’s learned his lesson.

If he wasn’t red flagged at Liberty I think he’ll be ok.

I find it interesting that some of those Auburn folks complaining about morality of Freeze were onboard with hiring Deion.

Granted, Deion truly seems to have transformed his life and found some personal peace, but his wild days probably make Freeze look like a grade school boy telling boobie jokes to girls.

That doesn't mean Freeze is moral, he probably has a sliding scale morality considering he was a reasonably successful coach in the SEC, but I just like laughing at Auburn having to realize no decent coach wanted that job.

FirnHEnWIAIP_9d

VN Store

Back