Per ESPN Auburn Has Hired Freeze

Pretty much everyone except Phil Fulmer knew. The exits from Georgia and FSU plus the connection to Rush Probst was widely reported....
Can’t deny his connection to Probst. About as sleazy as it gets and Probst has some of Freeze’s questionable morality as well. But were those schools or Pruitt ever investigated while he was there or at Bama? I don’t recall it if they were.

I think Hugh will do fine at Auburn. He does need to ditch the "holier than thou" and "overly religious" persona though...

Reactions: hog88
Augburn is going to stay on the bottom with this hire. Good for UT and rest of the SEC

So did Kiffin pull out (no jokes, please!) or did Auburn get cold feet because he bombed down the stretch (lost 4 out of 5 after he quit playing the crappy teams)? We will probably never know.

So did Kiffin pull out (no jokes, please!) or did Auburn get cold feet because he bombed down the stretch (lost 4 out of 5 after he quit playing the crappy teams)? We will probably never know.

Kiffin used Ole Miss for NIL and money grab...

He wants his next stop to be somewhere better than Auburn

If he were the worlds greatest heart surgeon, no one would care about his past. You hire someone to successfully do a job.
So ethics and morality have nothing to do with hiring? You obviously haven’t hired or managed many people and wouldn’t make it with folks I’ve worked for. I’ve hired and fired plenty in my 45 years in business and I can tell you nobody is working for me with Freeze’s background. If Auburn can stomach it, that’s up to them. Glad we have Josh Heupel and we don’t have to.

Neither. Jimmy Sexton used Auburn to get Lane a big contract.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
So ethics and morality have nothing to do with hiring? You obviously haven’t hired or managed many people and wouldn’t make it with folks I’ve worked for. I’ve hired and fired plenty in my 45 years in business and I can tell you nobody is working for me with Freeze’s background. If Auburn can stomach it, that’s up to them. Glad we have Josh Heupel and we don’t have to.
Ethics and morality? You do know that we’re discussing college athletics right?

Reactions: hog88
Someone beat me too it. Bruce Pearl is the basketball coach and Scam Newton played there once.

Kiffin used Ole Miss for NIL and money grab...

He wants his next stop to be somewhere better than Auburn
Auburn just made it harder for him to get it. Freeze will beat him from year one and on. He has 3 automatic losses now, and every other year to Mike Leach. All he can hope for is that conference realignment will grant him some help.

Auburn just made it harder for him to get it. Freeze will beat him from year one and on. He has 3 automatic losses now, and every other year to Mike Leach. All he can hope for is that conference realignment will grant him some help.

Kiffin knows Texas, OU will both open up soon. Saban isn't getting younger. Florida may open up soon. Jimbo and Norvell are 1 bad season away from being canned. That's 6 jobs as good as or better than Auburn that have good chance to open up in next 1-3 yrs....

Heupel and Dykes have made it hard for coaches who don't have success by Y2...

If you’ve ever had or will have construction done at your home, I would bet good money that some members of the crew have done far worse than Freeze and have the paperwork to prove it. And you have no idea what some of the people you manage do in their spare time.
Edit-I am with you on a few points; would they steal from me or my customers, would they be a threat to coworkers in any way, ect. But I go with my gut on those things. But if they pass that smell test, my main concern is that they perform well for me. I don’t know what you would consider in terms of ethics and morality. But if one of my guys blows all of his paycheck in a strip bar after work, I could care less.

Last edited:
Ethics and morality? You do know that we’re discussing college athletics right?
Sorry I forgot momentarily. Winning overrides everything for a lot of people. Sports, politics etc. One of society’s problems these days. It is what it is I guess.

Dan Mullen will probably be his OC and hopefully Todd the Man Gran will be the defensive coordinator

If you can read anything into Cohen’s statement on the hiring, he said they finished where they started. I think Kiffin was always a distant second. He and Freeze have the same agent, and he knew what the pecking order was. I think this because he sure was bitchy anytime anyone brought Auburn up.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly

VN Store

Back