Pep Band or full Pride of the Southland on Saturday?

LakeMaryFLVol

been seen jacked up on testosterone and moonshine
Pep Band or full Pride of the Southland on Saturday?..Anyone heard?..Bringing someone to their first SEC game...I know ...I know

Reactions: feathersax
Pep Band or full Pride of the Southland on Saturday?..Anyone heard?..Bringing someone to their first SEC game...I know ...I know
I doubt it will be a full band. They did not take a full band when I was in the POTS. Too many damaged instruments from stuff thrown into the band.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
It is just a large pep band. Since the athletic directors voted a few years ago to be able to deny the visiting bands an opportunity to march at halftime, Florida, Georgia, and Vanderbilt have all told Tennessee that they won't be allowed to march, therefore, the athletic department is not going to pay for the full band to travel to an away game just to sit in the stands and play.

It is just a large pep band. Since the athletic directors voted a few years ago to be able to deny the visiting bands an opportunity to march at halftime, Florida, Georgia, and Vanderbilt have all told Tennessee that they won't be allowed to march, therefore, the athletic department is not going to pay for the full band to travel to an away game just to sit in the stands and play.
Sad day that visiting bands can't perform.
P.O.T.S. Band has a proud history. Except for vandie SEC bands are entertaining.

This is so sad. I wish the University Presidents would come together and reverse the decision to deny visiting band from performing. It used to be a visiting SEC band could not be kept from performing. It’s needs to return to this policy.

Why would those teams not allow TN to perform at half on the road? That just seems ridiculous....they afraid of TN outperforming their band???

Why would those teams not allow TN to perform at half on the road? That just seems ridiculous....they afraid of TN outperforming their band???

A good visiting band can rile up their fans and have a big impact on the stadium they are in. No AD wants a visiting band to show up and take over their stadium. I really believe that is why.

Does Tennessee allow other bands to perform at halftime? Trying to remember the last time a visiting sec team brought their whole band?

Tennessee has never turned down another SEC band. Alabama brought their full band to Neyland last year.

Our athletic department's general rule is if an opposing school allows our band to march then they will allow their band to march in our stadium. If they won't let the Pride march in their stadium then their band isn't welcome to march in ours.

Wow, I had not heard about that rule. I was in POTS many years ago and I remember marching in the Swamp. The field was hot as hell. And some of the fans were very inhospitable. I remember being cussed out by a kid, and just when I thought his dad was gonna get him, the dad added a few choice words as well. But there were some nice fans as well, so it wasn't all bad.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
OMFG.....
Tennessee FOOTBALL has become so pathetic that on the Volnation FOOTBALL forum... we're having to worry about whether or not our BAND gets to march...????

OMFG.....
Tennessee FOOTBALL has become so pathetic that on the Volnation FOOTBALL forum... we're having to worry about whether or not our BAND gets to march...????
Plenty of other threads discussing football. What's sad is you as a poster are so pathetic that rather than engage in those threads you decided to be an ass in this one. Good job. Guess you showed us.

OMFG.....

The band is a fairly integral part of the pageantry that makes college football so great. No one is claiming that the POTS is more discussion-worthy than the 2019 team, but they’re definitely a big part of what makes Neyland so wonderful.

If I remember correctly, when the AD's cooked up this deal the rule is.....each school is allowed to take the full band to 2 away games and the rest are pep band only. UT had(s) agreement with UF & UA that allowed the full band to Florida and Bama and reciprocation.
In the other years I think full band travels to UGA & VU.

The POTS band has always been a special part of what I enjoy about going to the games and enduring the crap in Gainesville. It gives a timeless quality to the day. Can picture back when my Dad used to sit next to me during the 90's in that hell hole and take in all the greatness of SEC football. The AD's blew this one. ..POTS is a huge part of Vol Football for me

Reactions: feathersax

VN Store

Back