People need to have perspective

Pitt was a veteran team with a QB that will play on Sunday’s and we are a team under a first year coach with brand new schemes on both sides of the ball in game 2, and we were a 4th down play from tying it up late. Yet posters on the game thread were posting absolute garbage as if it’s Heupel’s 3rd year with back to back top 5 recruiting classes on his roster.

I was actually encouraged by the fight and energy from the defense and the ability of Hooker to use his legs and show some touch on throws. Better days ahead, stop hyperventilating
All true. But that has absolutely zero relevance when all that we needed to do to win was complete three long passes to open receivers early in the game. We left 21 points lying on the field before all the fans even found their seats. 10 years worth of coaching continuity and 5 straight top five recruiting classes would not have any impact if QBs cannot deliver balls to receivers who can haul them in.

It was rumored Heupel was somewhere around choice 6 or 7. We kept getting turned down and ended up with Heupel. We offered James Franklin more than 7 million a year and he turned us down. We had never been head coaches turn us down. How much further down the list did Heupel need to be for you to be good with it?

And it's super easy to complain, but give me the solution. Who should we have hired instead? That's realistic, because we got turned down a lot...
Kiffin or Freeze could have been hired.

Reactions: Rootyvol1998

So with an NCAA investigation looming, you want to hire 2 guys that live in the NCAA's crosshairs? There is no way UT could have hired them given the circumstances.

Now once whatever sanctions are coming are finished, they should both be in play if they continue to be successful.

Pitt was a veteran team with a QB that will play on Sunday’s and we are a team under a first year coach with brand new schemes on both sides of the ball in game 2, and we were a 4th down play from tying it up late. Yet posters on the game thread were posting absolute garbage as if it’s Heupel’s 3rd year with back to back top 5 recruiting classes on his roster.

I was actually encouraged by the fight and energy from the defense and the ability of Hooker to use his legs and show some touch on throws. Better days ahead, stop hyperventilating
Copy and paste this every 3 years

Reactions: VolNRaleighNC

Me too, actually. I’m excited for the future. I decided to enjoy this year no matter what. It felt good to be looking forward to the game and to have my UT hat on today. Now, I’m looking forward to the next game.

Reactions: Rootyvol1998

Clean up the penalties & execute better on offense and we most likely win. We competed very well against a solid team playing a good QB. The biggest difference between the two teams today was QB play. Heupel has to get solid QB play moving forward. UT is going to win some games this year. GBO!

There's a ton of idiots in the fan base. Clemson and Notre Dame, and Huepel at UCF are the only teams to score 34 vs Pitt in the last 2 seasons. We were a few poorly executed plays from scoring 50 with our top two RBs out, switching QBs, and losing one of our best receivers.
It isn't fair for calling for a coaching change, that I agree with. But for anyone who has serious questions about why we are starting a guy that can't deliver at the most critical position for this team to succeed is another. I for one am not on a fire Heupel train, but continuing to play Milton... More of the same as last staff. His post game comments about Milton didn't leave me exactly excited. Hooker played well for limited reps and we didn't see Bailey because we didn't rep him most likely. If I have to choose between Hooker and Milton it is Hooker without a single doubt. Gotta cut the turnovers out and stupid penalties. Do that and we win yesterday. That is controllable.

Does no good if you can’t catch it
Well I was in that section where Hyatt got hurt. He was out. The ball was late. Throw it when he breaks and it is a TD and we still have Hyatt. Milton is not accurate on deep balls. What should have been an easy TD with correct ball placement cost us not only a TD but one of our best route runners

Reactions: CJBlaze
If Heuple has given up on Milton I will have respect for him and could see us improve as the year goes on. If Milton starts another game I will lose all hope in him.

Why did they start him anyway, they had film on him overthrowing Michigan players. You can not change someone that's been just throwing it as far as he can and hoping it finds the receiver all his life. It is who he is a 50% passer. Hooker is not great but I do believe if he started the first game we would be 2 and 0 now. With that said I love the intensity Vols play with, need to correct the taking off helmet on the field and just tackle people don't body slam this is not the 1960's football safety is paramount and yellow flags will fly and hard to overcome 140 yards of penalties especially one that took a TD off the board. As some coach once said we are young and have a lot of injuries. I believe that one year we had 20 onetime starters with injuries. This season looks like it's on that path and could pile on the final Win /loss record. Stay tuned. Is it S&C related to a fast pace?

Well I was in that section where Hyatt got hurt. He was out. The ball was late. Throw it when he breaks and it is a TD and we still have Hyatt. Milton is not accurate on deep balls. What should have been an easy TD with correct ball placement cost us not only a TD but one of our best route runners
And the two drops in the bg game hit him in the numbers

It was the proper call. It was a blatant block in the back.

Yep, I wouldn't say blatant but Banks did hit him at the side shoulder and part of his Lat some refs will hold the flag on that but it was close to the runner, I'm not sure the guy would have tackled Theo but he may have slowed him. So Banks who played hard and well (haven't seen his grade) had that 6 point penalty and the 15 yar body slam. These really hurt and Wrght #58 had multiple penalties and the taking helmet off on field after TD 15 yards added to kickoff jumped started Pitt field position wise for the 2nd quartet 27 point Burst

Reactions: Big Al Orange
And the two drops in the bg game hit him in the numbers
Yes he had two drops in the BG game. Where one is again ball placement. It's not all on Hyatt. He has to make the catch. His qb didn't put the ball where it needed to be yesterday. Cost us as a team. BG he should have caught both passes I agree. But the qb and receiver have to help each other.

Much more fun to watch than the LETHARGIC mess we watched last season. We're going to win 5 with a bunch of guys that haven't played together before and new coach and scheme. Defense is better than I thought it would be and the offense is far worse. No depth, already a problem. This team could improve and sneak up on some one before it's over. fingers crossed.

You're obviously not old enough to remember what UT football should be
Yep I’m plenty old enough. I’m also old enough to realize that we lost almost 40 players. New offense, new defense and lots of young guys and transfers here with just 3 months of work under their belt. Our expectations should not have been too high for this season and look how many of you act after just two games. Just chill.. hopefully it’ll all come together.

I agree with this. Most coaches struggle in their first year at a program anyways. Typically it's the 2nd year in which they figure things out.
He ran the damn shotgun on 4th and inches. If he isn't going to fix that stupidass manner of thinking, he's never going to be the guy

in 3 or 4 years when we have a new coach and start over, you will be posting this again.
its really funny, im not even mad that we suck anymore.

Reactions: VolNRaleighNC

How many times does Kiffin need to troll the fanbase that he has no interest in coming back?

He does it for attention because he knows his name will be brought everytime Tennessee is searching for a new coach.

VN Store

Back