People need to have perspective

It is completely the AD’s fault that he made the hire he did. My expectations are managed. I always want a win but rarely expect one. I just think it’s absurd that the same excuses are recycled year after year. Be original at least.
Who the hell did you think was taking this job? He got told F off everywhere he looked. This was a far different situation then years past. We have massive uncertainty regarding sanctions hanging over our head. You haven't managed your expectations. You are living in la-la land. This is a long ass rebuild. When we fired CJP it was this programs low. Lower then any other time in our history. That's reality.

Pitt was a veteran team with a QB that will play on Sunday’s and we are a team under a first year coach with brand new schemes on both sides of the ball in game 2, and we were a 4th down play from tying it up late. Yet posters on the game thread were posting absolute garbage as if it’s Heupel’s 3rd year with back to back top 5 recruiting classes on his roster.

I was actually encouraged by the fight and energy from the defense and the ability of Hooker to use his legs and show some touch on throws. Better days ahead, stop hyperventilating
Not to mention the shortage of players. I had no idea we only have 71 scholarship players. I also knew we had a number of players hit the transfer portal but I had no idea that it was 30. That is a staggering number.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
Who the hell did you think was taking this job? He got told F off everywhere he looked. This was a far different situation then years past. We have massive uncertainty regarding sanctions hanging over our head. You haven't managed your expectations. You are living in la-la land. This is a long ass rebuild. When we fired CJP it was this programs low. Lower then any other time in our history. That's reality.
I love how the narrative is always that “no one” will take a multi-million dollar per year job. Sure… and isn’t it convenient that the best choice was the guy the AD had already worked with?

Whatever, I get it. I’m a supervisor, and if I had a chance to get my friends paid big bucks I’d do it. But there’s no reason to pretend that’s not what happened here.

I love how the narrative is always that “no one” will take a multi-million dollar per year job. Sure… and isn’t it convenient that the best choice was the guy the AD had already worked with?

Whatever, I get it. I’m a supervisor, and if I had a chance to get my friends paid big bucks I’d do it. But there’s no reason to pretend that’s not what happened here.

So James Franklin didn't turn us down? Tony Elliott didn't turn us down?

We were not seen as an attractive job. This really isn't debatable.

You calling Pitt inferior is a big part of the problem. We are big stadium Miss State/generic lower rung conference team. We were the inferior team as hard as that is to accept. It's just the way it is after the Pruitt/Fulmer fiasco.
This x1000! When will people understand this reality?

Reactions: Big Al Orange
So James Franklin didn't turn us down? Tony Elliott didn't turn us down?

We were not seen as an attractive job. This really isn't debatable.
So then you go to Josh Heupel? Get real. He’s here and obviously doesn’t need to be fired now, but the hire was not an intelligent move and was based purely on Heupel’s contacts.

They made adjustments quickly and we waited until the middle of the 3rd to even try throwing to a rb or tight ends in the middle of the field. Don’t even get me started on the 4th down call
I thought we hit Fant early in the 2nd half? Thought it was on that first drive.

Pitt was a veteran team with a QB that will play on Sunday’s and we are a team under a first year coach with brand new schemes on both sides of the ball in game 2, and we were a 4th down play from tying it up late. Yet posters on the game thread were posting absolute garbage as if it’s Heupel’s 3rd year with back to back top 5 recruiting classes on his roster.

I was actually encouraged by the fight and energy from the defense and the ability of Hooker to use his legs and show some touch on throws. Better days ahead, stop hyperventilating
D9A893F8-1B45-454B-9D31-553BA1A59B56.gif
People need to relax.

It is completely the AD’s fault that he made the hire he did. My expectations are managed. I always want a win but rarely expect one. I just think it’s absurd that the same excuses are recycled year after year. Be original at least.
Ridiculous to judge a coach after two games. Especially with a team that had 30 players hit the transfer portal and is 14 scholarship players short. If the same junk is happening 3 years in then you have every right to say it. But not now.

So then you go to Josh Heupel? Get real. He’s here and obviously doesn’t need to be fired now, but the hire was not an intelligent move and was based purely on Heupel’s contacts.

It was rumored Heupel was somewhere around choice 6 or 7. We kept getting turned down and ended up with Heupel. We offered James Franklin more than 7 million a year and he turned us down. We had never been head coaches turn us down. How much further down the list did Heupel need to be for you to be good with it?

And it's super easy to complain, but give me the solution. Who should we have hired instead? That's realistic, because we got turned down a lot...

Ridiculous to judge a coach after two games. Especially with a team that had 30 players hit the transfer portal and is 14 scholarship players short. If the same junk is happening 3 years in then you have every right to say it. But not now.
👍🏼
It was rumored Heupel was somewhere around choice 6 or 7. We kept getting turned down and ended up with Heupel. We offered James Franklin more than 7 million a year and he turned us down. We had never been head coaches turn us down. How much further down the list did Heupel need to be for you to be good with it?

And it's super easy to complain, but give me the solution. Who should we have hired instead? That's realistic, because we got turned down a lot...
I don’t know who we should have hired. I don’t get paid for that decision.

Do you honestly think he was hired for any reason other than knowing the AD? Surely no one truly thinks that. I wouldn’t call that an “intelligent” or good reason to hire someone.
I think given the toxic circumstances surrounding Tennessee football at the time of the hiring and striking out on several big fish hires White made a decision to hire a known commodity. White was widely considered a home run hire as an Athletic Director by most people around the country. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt in hiring a coach that now has a 29-9 record as a head football coach.
Who would you have hired?

There's a ton of idiots in the fan base. Clemson and Notre Dame, and Huepel at UCF are the only teams to score 34 vs Pitt in the last 2 seasons. We were a few poorly executed plays from scoring 50 with our top two RBs out, switching QBs, and losing one of our best receivers.

This all day

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
That it took until the 2nd half is problem enough.
It's possible but not a certainty. Not knowing what Pitt's defense schemes or what the 1st half scheme for us, the fans don't know for sure.
Positive is, just like BGSU, we saw halftime adjustments. This week the adjusted to utilization of TEs.

It's possible but not a certainty. Not knowing what Pitt's defense schemes or what the 1st half scheme for us, the fans don't know for sure.
Positive is, just like BGSU, we saw halftime adjustments. This week the adjusted to utilization of TEs.
Yeah man I just needed to vent. I saw some things I liked as well. I’m better now.

Reactions: McDad

VN Store

Back