People need to have perspective

Here's some perspective for ya...we could always have this clown as our coach.

<---------------------------------------

Reactions: Tombo7
There's a ton of idiots in the fan base. Clemson and Notre Dame, and Huepel at UCF are the only teams to score 34 vs Pitt in the last 2 seasons. We were a few poorly executed plays from scoring 50 with our top two RBs out, switching QBs, and losing one of our best receivers.
Who is the best receiver we lost, getting open is one thing, catching the ball is another

Reactions: Big Al Orange
If you told ANY VOL fan young old pessimistic or orange colored glasses the following stats before the game today and said the vols would:

13 penalties for 135 yards
get sacked 5 times for 28 yards
lose 2 fumbles
throw 1 interception

PITT would:
QB throw 24/36. 285 yards
NO turnovers

what do you think they would say… oh we almost win or have a shot to win in 4th quarter. No Effin way man!!
I don’t care WHO you play Bama or Vandy you are not going to win those games or come close to winning those games but those are things you can work on and. Come better at.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
But today we saw actual coaching of players, halftime and in-game adjustments, and some imagination on play-calling. Lots of things to correct, but I have some hope from what I saw.
Pretty sure we've said this at some point of each coaching staff Lil.

Look I saw a lot of nice things, including from the staff. I understand how bad of a position this team is in.
But that's the point. It's always the same problems and same results.
It's like every week of every season of every coach it's "dang we should have beat this average team by a couple scores and have 3 more wins on the season".
Not to be all depressing, that's not my intent, but the idea we keep making threads telling the negavols to calm down and give excuses for why they lost to another inferior school and the heart and promise of players, and this is rebuilding year let them get their guys, or the illusion we will have good QB play, etc... sure half the point of being a fan is having discussions but talking ourselves into believing things are going to get better is getting haha

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Is it too much to ask that UT should never lose to Pitt? I don't think so.
I know the 1st 2 games played back in the day that PITT was a better program but the series is now 0-3 all time so you could say FV that a PITT fan could say It’s unacceptable to lose to UT . I know it’s a small appLes to oranges sample size but the fact that UT has never beaten PITT remains.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
perspective in the grand scheme Pitt is trash and are not in our league. What do you think their record would be if they played and SEC schedule

Reactions: TikiVol
This fan base is tired of having perspective!

Agreed. That said, we don't have much of a choice. No one is happy about losing, but there are some positives here and I feel better about the direction of the program today than I have in quite awhile.

I agree. It’s ok to be upset with the loss and still have some hope. It’s game 2 and we’re seeing backups in all key positions compete out there with no depth behind them. Huepel could very well be a bust, but too early to overreact
I truly don’t think he will be. We shall see.

Pretty sure we've said this at some point of each coaching staff Lil.

Look I saw a lot of nice things, including from the staff. I understand how bad of a position this team is in.
But that's the point. It's always the same problems and same results.
It's like every week of every season of every coach it's "dang we should have beat this average team by a couple scores and have 3 more wins on the season".
Not to be all depressing, that's not my intent, but the idea we keep making threads telling the negavols to calm down and give excuses for why they lost to another inferior school and the heart and promise of players, and this is rebuilding year let them get their guys, or the illusion we will have good QB play, etc... sure half the point of being a fan is having discussions but talking ourselves into believing things are going to get better is getting haha

You calling Pitt inferior is a big part of the problem. We are big stadium Miss State/generic lower rung conference team. We were the inferior team as hard as that is to accept. It's just the way it is after the Pruitt/Fulmer fiasco.

Reactions: Titan05
From my perspective Milton is a mannequin who is responsible for two turnovers in six below average quarters. In 4 quarters Hooker has three turnovers. B Harrison untried and B Mauer run off. CJH and staff can’t get a review of a bad spot. CJH and staff go shotgun and pinched the line causing a failed short yardage play. Defensive coaches couldn’t figure out that Pickett could only throw going to his right. All of this looks bad and smells of failure from our semi pro team of merc. Johnny would not be pleased with this game.

VN Store

Back