Penny Hardaway still crying

Have you seen the Grizzlies pitiful record? The city of Memphis must feel they need something to rally around until football season.

This is definitely some orchestrated garbage by PH. He's desperate to keep himself and the Tigers in the headlines. And that's hard to do when your cross state rival is currently #1.

It's not 2008 anymore Penny.

The Memphis media is all in on defending its favorite son, Anfernee. It’s a Memphis against the world mentality.

This is definitely some orchestrated garbage by PH. He's desperate to keep himself and the Tigers in the headlines. And that's hard to do when your cross state rival is currently #1.

It's not 2008 anymore Penny.
I tend to agree that it isn't genuine. No grown man is this sensitive. Hardaway reminds me a little bit of Lane Kiffin from Kiffin's brief stint at UT. He is searching for disrespect where none was intended and being arrogant before he has actually accomplished anything.

I tend to agree that it isn't genuine. No grown man is this sensitive. Hardaway reminds me a little bit of Lane Kiffin from Kiffin's brief stint at UT. He is searching for disrespect where none was intended and being arrogant before he has actually accomplished anything.

I mean it's not the worst plan ever, if you go by the idea that "there's no such thing as bad press". But it's a gamble if he doesn't win. If he does win, then nobody will remember/care that he was a giant crybaby his first season. But if he doesn't win, then he'll be a failure AND a crybaby. Plus all that hometown rallying he's getting will turn against him at that point too.

Reactions: memvol
Other coaches are jealous of him because he played in the NBA? That sounds oddly self absorbed. His situation is not exactly unique. Patrick Ewing and Chris Mullin are also currently coaching at their alma maters (and were even better players than Hardaway). I don't hear either one of those guys whining about the jealousy of their peers.
He mentioned the real reasons why other coaches might not respect him, which were Tubby and his involvement in AAU. He doesn’t want to touch on those issue because things could get worse for him on those issues.

Reactions: memvol
The "Mouthpiece of Memphis" is back at it again. For some reason, he thinks these egotistical rants are positive for his program.

The "Mouthpiece of Memphis" is back at it again. For some reason, he thinks these egotistical rants are positive for his program.
Well, his comments have dominated the headlines much more than his team's actual play, which is probably a good thing given their current standing.

Last edited:
Reactions: StarRaider
I mean it's not the worst plan ever, if you go by the idea that "there's no such thing as bad press". But it's a gamble if he doesn't win. If he does win, then nobody will remember/care that he was a giant crybaby his first season. But if he doesn't win, then he'll be a failure AND a crybaby. Plus all that hometown rallying he's getting will turn against him at that point too.

This is something that was even referenced on local radio. It's fine as long as he eventually wins.

I do think his point is somewhat true, but there are things that are best left unsaid. I also hate that Rick Barnes keeps getting thrown into it because I don't think RB has a jealous bone in his body. He doesn't care.

The media here is eating it up because it gives them something to write about. Even Calkins has admitted that it's better than what Pastner and Tubby gave them.

Well, his comments have dominated the headlines much more than his team's actual play, which is probably a good thing given their current standing.
Watching "Pardon the Interruption" with Wilbon and Kornheiser on ESPN right now. He is the 4th topic, even ahead of "Super Bowl". It is ridiculous how much noise his whining is making.

Reactions: cncchris33
Watching "Pardon the Interruption" with Wilbon and Kornheiser on ESPN right now. He is the 4th topic, even ahead of "Super Bowl". It is ridiculous how much noise his whining is making.
What blows my mind is that it is a national story. Who really cares nationally about this kind of story? Outrage media and victim mentality are fueling this crap. This is the kind of thing that would have labeled you a p**** 20 years ago. Penny needs to find his safe space.

Kentucky is one of the Top 2 or 3 programs in college basketball history. Any coach would take that opportunity. Calipari turned down NC State and Oklahoma 3 years before. Your statement is acting like Calipari quit Memphis for Cal-Berkley.

I’m not sure you understood the context. I know that UK is a top all time program (that’s why I said he left for a much, much better opportunity). You May or may not understand the history of the MSU program, they end up running their own. They are a program of some success over the years but even with that success, they have a losing record against UT. I live Memphis basketball for many years and know what they do to their own. MSU at best is an also ran and they will run Anfernee when they’ve had enough of his BS. Not sure if youve had a chance to read his most recent rant but if he keeps that up, they’ll run him out like Larry...

Penny is so FOS it is not even funny at this point. What kind of dream world is this guy living in? He is a perfect fit for Tiger High bball because they are both afterthoughts. If Shaq never stepped on the floor with this clown, he would be even more irrelevant. I don’t know what kind of coach he will ultimately be but he is full blown 100% summers eve douche on aisle 5 at Walgreens.
Being FOS, he may want to visit the library and check out the best seller “Death by Constipation”.

Whatever chances they had of possibly getting on the bubble was shot tonight for them. They’ll have to win the conference tournament at home to sneak in as a 13 seed.

anfeneee said memFish could beat any team in the country, what's up tiger high getting a Beatdown in Tulsatown?

Irrelevant to Penny but funny for the thread.

I received a call from a Memphis tickets sales rep asking about my experience at the “Tennessee” game. I told him it was wonderful because my Vols won. The conversation didn’t go much past that. :)

Reactions: spyfish007

VN Store

Back