Penny Hardaway still crying

Penny is so FOS it is not even funny at this point. What kind of dream world is this guy living in? He is a perfect fit for Tiger High bball because they are both afterthoughts. If Shaq never stepped on the floor with this clown, he would be even more irrelevant. I don’t know what kind of coach he will ultimately be but he is full blown 100% summers eve douche on aisle 5 at Walgreens.
If you think he is a clown, you need to watch the 30/30 about Hardaway and his friend. He may have minor character flaws as we all do, but he is far from a clown. Sorry. He was also an incredible basketball player in his own right. Not trying to put you on blast, but sometimes we all need to see an alternate perspective.

If you think he is a clown, you need to watch the 30/30 about Hardaway and his friend. He may have minor character flaws as we all do, but he is far from a clown. Sorry. He was also an incredible basketball player in his own right. Not trying to put you on blast, but sometimes we all need to see an alternate perspective.

In this instance with Barnes and UT, he is definitely a clown. The dude is making sh!t up.

I have not watched the 30/30 but that and him being a former NBA player having nothing to do with blatant lies he told and the way he continues to dance around the lies. His lack of common intelligence it what gets me. He had to know people would go back and look at the tape and see there were no Vols balling up their fists, no Vols running to his bench and the funniest one is him continuing to deny that Memphis players were flopping.

Let’s not give Anfernee the attention he desires. He’s trying to stay relevant since his team this year is garbage. Let the local fanbase in Memphis eat on it. They need some “swag” since they’ve taken a back seat to UT. UT athletics is a brand. Memphis athletics is not.

Last edited:
I have not watched the 30/30 but that and him being a former NBA player having nothing to do with blatant lies he told and the way he continues to dance around the lies. His lack of common intelligence it what gets me. He had to know people would go back and look at the tape and see there were no Vols balling up their fists, no Vols running to his bench and the funniest one is him continuing to deny that Memphis players were flopping.
If you watch it, you will soften your perspective a bit I imagine.

Not in summer ball anymore Penny! Memphis State needs to learn how to play defense.

I get what you're saying, but you can say this about any disagreement. Nobody is all bad and it's wrong to assume that someone's mistakes define who they are as a person. That doesn't mean you can't criticize them when they're wrong.

Penny is just wrong here and he should apologize. That would be the right thing for a "good person" to do, IMO. Or at least stop talking about it. Even if you, as a coach, are asked a direct question, you're not obligate to answer. He could have just said it's over and that probably would have been the end of it. He's the only one keeping it alive right now. And this is coming from a Penny fan.

I get what you're saying, but you can say this about any disagreement. Nobody is all bad and it's wrong to assume that someone's mistakes define who they are as a person. That doesn't mean you can't criticize them when they're wrong.

Penny is just wrong here and he should apologize. That would be the right thing for a "good person" to do, IMO. Or at least stop talking about it. Even if you, as a coach, are asked a direct question, you're not obligate to answer. He could have just said it's over and that probably would have been the end of it. He's the only one keeping it alive right now. And this is coming from a Penny fan.

Those are very valid points. To my knowledge, PH has never been a guy of low character but he has most definitely opened himself up to criticism for the comments/allegations he made towards UT.

Those are very valid points. To my knowledge, PH has never been a guy of low character but he has most definitely opened himself up to criticism for the comments/allegations he made towards UT.

And because of his allegations, he has ultimately killed the series. Barnes has connections and can get a home and home with almost any program in the country. Tennessee doesn’t need Memphis. Memphis needs Tennessee. There’s no good rivalry for them in the AAC. He won’t get as many high quality opponents to play Memphis in a home and home. I guarantee that they’ll never see a blue blood like Kansas or North Carolina play Memphis in Fedex Forum.

And because of his allegations, he has ultimately killed the series. Barnes has connections and can get a home and home with almost any program in the country. Tennessee doesn’t need Memphis. Memphis needs Tennessee. There’s no good rivalry for them in the AAC. He won’t get as many high quality opponents to play Memphis in a home and home. I guarantee that they’ll never see a blue blood like Kansas or North Carolina play Memphis in Fedex Forum.

It is fun to beat Memphis though.

Why do we keep bringing this up even when PH brings it up? I say we move on shaking our heads which is definitely what I'm doing. Any credible person that's not totally bias against UT can see PH has made an absolute moron of himself over this. CRB has DEFINITELY moved on. When you wrestle with a pig you both get muddy but the pig doesn't mind the mud. I've met Hardaway on a couple of occasions through mutual friends and he's always been nice, friendly, reasonable. But this stuff is so AAUish we should just leave it alone and be so very thankful that Rick Barnes is our coach and we will never have to defend the indefensible with him.

He offered ZERO proof on how he or the NBA was mocked. All he says is that they were mocked. That is just dumb. You should prove it since it is not so obvious to the rest of the world with brains.

What is he talking about? How was Barnes mocking the NBA?
That's a good question. I have no idea where that came from. Barnes never talked about their staff, did he???? Penny hasn't grown up. He still talks like he's a young player instead of a college head coach. He is trying to find some disrespect where there was none.... and like most Memphis fans - he is resentful of the success Tennessee is having this year with players they weren't smart enough to recruit.

If you watch it, you will soften your perspective a bit I imagine.
I don't need to watch it. Unfortunately, I've seen enough of his ridiculous, childish, and make-things-up behavior to have formed my own opinion, based on his behavior and statements. Incidentally, he had a chance to preserve a little of his dignity by apologizing for his actions and words where he was obviously wrong, and he once again failed to own up to his reckless behavior.

Last edited:
Reactions: ButchPlz
Why do we keep bringing this up even when PH brings it up? I say we move on shaking our heads which is definitely what I'm doing. Any credible person that's not totally bias against UT can see PH has made an absolute moron of himself over this. CRB has DEFINITELY moved on. When you wrestle with a pig you both get muddy but the pig doesn't mind the mud. I've met Hardaway on a couple of occasions through mutual friends and he's always been nice, friendly, reasonable. But this stuff is so AAUish we should just leave it alone and be so very thankful that Rick Barnes is our coach and we will never have to defend the indefensible with him.
There are times in your life when you have to set the record straight. When people continue to toss verbal hand grenades, it's okay as a fan base to defend your team and your university. Thankfully, he only continues to hurt himself, his kids, and his own program. I think he keeps shooting himself in the foot.

The line of people complaining about being mistreated by Rick Barnes is short. You can't make a good living at this. I mean he came up against a superior opponent and the best game plan he could scheme was to flop when touched.

There are times in your life when you have to set the record straight. When people continue to toss verbal hand grenades, it's okay as a fan base to defend your team and your university. Thankfully, he only continues to hurt himself, his kids, and his own program. I think he keeps shooting himself in the foot.
You so silly:p. Poor Penny....but we got Rick so lets smile....

Reactions: cardvolfan

VN Store

Back