Pearl to serve as NBA Draft analyst

I suppose if giving the illusion he can get players drafted is all we can get then it is good enough for now.

Yeah, he can talk about the plethora of NBA players his programs have produced in his career.

Just like Kiffin getting so much national exposure on TV.....Pearl getting national exposure during the NBA draft is a great thing for UT. The more the better.

Why the hay would they want Pearl to be an NBA draft analysis? He is one of the least likely candidates for this job. He knows about as much about the NBA draft as Billy G knows about how to deal with the media.

I mean it doesn't hurt him, or us. Looks like NBA TV wanted to go low budget this year.

Another paycheck to cash, and no one will be listening. Ho hum.

Wonder if the hosts will ask him where he projects Meeks to end up?

Because the correct answer is that the scoreboard is still increasing by three in Knoxville, so 1st overall.

Last edited:
Yeah, he can talk about the plethora of NBA players his programs have produced in his career.

He hasn't had a problem getting good players. He's had a problem keeping them in line long enough to see a draft.

I honestly don't know his ability to prepare for the next level, almost no one makes it that far in the program.

He has gotten enough good players here to compete, that's for sure. But a variety of discipline problems and coaching/development lapses have stunted players' growth and consistent success at the top level.

VN Store

Back