Pearl is setting out the Bait.

Sudden Impact

Who we are is what We do with what We have!
OSU is a completely different team than we played in January. Much improved and we have not improved that much.

We are a bunch of misfits.

Really think he has a plan on how to deal with Ohio State.

Let's Call it the Pearl Factor. The newest intanible in the UTSports arensal.

Be ready for something new on Thursday.

I tend to agree. The tfp quoted this from Pearl Sunday...
Tennessee gets one fewer day of rest than Ohio State before Thursday night’s Sweet 16 game. The Vols flew back to Knoxville soon after Sunday’s victory, and must travel Tuesday to San Antonio, Texas in order to practice Wednesday at the Alamodome.

That isn’t much preparation time for the nation’s top-ranked club.

“When we played Ohio State the first time, we played our hand,” Pearl said, “and it got us within a possession of beating them. I’d have to go back. I don’t know how many adjustments I’m going to be able to make because the way we played them was the way I thought we needed to beat them.”

Sounds like bait and switch to me... course I don't know what he'll be able to do that is that much different...

He says that stuff more for his players than anything. Love it, coach em up baby.

I tend to agree. The tfp quoted this from Pearl Sunday...

Sounds like bait and switch to me... course I don't know what he'll be able to do that is that much different...

We shot pretty poorly in the 1st game, right? If we hit our season averages on Ohio State in that 1st game, we probably win by 6+. I think OSU has to do the adjusting. They have played far far more zone, which they rarely used on us the first time.

We shot pretty poorly in the 1st game, right? If we hit our season averages on Ohio State in that 1st game, we probably win by 6+. I think OSU has to do the adjusting. They have played far far more zone, which they rarely used on us the first time.

I really think OSU is worried about playing us. I'm sure they were rooting for Virginia. I don't know if they do any adjusting at all though. I think they do what got them there. They won the first game, but know that they are a better team now. Just let them keep thinking that. We aren't the same team either.

Remember, OSU shot horribly as well in the first game. Also, Oden may have a bulls-eye on his chest after his foul comments.

Remember, OSU shot horribly as well in the first game. Also, Oden may have a bulls-eye on his chest after his foul comments.

Okay, so I'm lost again! Which, for anyone who knows me, understands that this is not a new development. Anyway, what sis Oden say?

I really think OSU is worried about playing us. I'm sure they were rooting for Virginia. I don't know if they do any adjusting at all though. I think they do what got them there. They won the first game, but know that they are a better team now. Just let them keep thinking that. We aren't the same team either.

Some out there seem to think it is a very close game. Odds makers have tOSU -4 1/2. I'll take that going in on a neutral floor.

"bull crap"? Ooooh. You go, girl.

This is Pearl at his finest: downright Neylandesque reverse psychology. Here's hoping it works.

VN Store

Back