Pearl is Barnes’s nightmare

And Bruce has gotten it done how many times on the D1 level?

Sheesh folks, think before you spew.
Is it? We let the best coach we ever had get away when he was waiting in our own backyard. I told everyone that we needed to do what Kentucky did when Rupp was in trouble. I also told everyone that he would be hired by an SEC school and we would then have to play against him every year. We are now reaping what we sowed.
Is it? We let the best coach we ever had get away when he was waiting in our own backyard. I told everyone that we needed to do what Kentucky did when Rupp was in trouble. I also told everyone that he would be hired by an SEC school and we would then have to play against him every year. We are now reaping what we sowed.

D1 level or not, it's better to be has been than a never been any day of the week

Sorry I haven’t researched your every post. But since you appear to have all the answers about their history against one another, how many times have they coached against each other? What is the record?
It’s literally the first post and the topic of discussion.

Certainly we gave up any chance of beating Kentucky on a regular basis. Cuonzo certainly couldn’t beat them by the 30 except for the time that he did. Barnes couldn’t have a winning record against them except that he does. And certainly Bruce is the only coach who could lead us to an SEC Title, except hey Barnes did that too. Bruce is a great coach and it sucks that we had to let him go, but we’re doing better now without him than we could do with him. I’m wondering what Barnes will need to do to beat him now.
Certainly we gave up any chance of beating Kentucky on a regular basis. Cuonzo certainly couldn’t beat them by the 30 except for the time that he did. Barnes couldn’t have a winning record against them except that he does. And certainly Bruce is the only coach who could lead us to an SEC Title, except hey Barnes did that too. Bruce is a great coach and it sucks that we had to let him go, but we’re doing better now without him than we could do with him. I’m wondering what Barnes will need to do to beat him now.

Auburn was never a threat except in the Charles Barkley and Chuck Person era till Bruce got there. I told everybody and his brother that some SEC team would hire him and we would have to face him every year and we are now reaping what we sowed. It took him a couple seasons to get his team together, but now we see our mistake.

Ridiculously stupid.

And great coaches don't get blown out like that? How long you been watching college basketball, 10 minutes?

JFC some of the people on this board.

You think great coaches get beaten twice by a lesser team in a three week span when the better team has a title on the line?

I hsve also been watching basketball since the 90s so your comment is just dumb.

Sorry u accept choking...

Reactions: Big time vol
You think great coaches get beaten twice by a lesser team in a three week span when the better team has a title on the line?

I hsve also been watching basketball since the 90s so your comment is just dumb.

Sorry u accept choking...

Then you have no excuse to make a statement that stupid.

Pearl is a better coach.
It’s not even debatable.
His team has beat us twice when we had the sec titles on the line.
Auburn literally beat us down today.
Great coaches don’t get blown out like that.

When Louisville blew out North Carolina in their place, does that make Roy a bad coach?

Reactions: UTProf
We are also running a clean program without a hand in the current FBI mess... Auburn? Not so much. We are doing fine with Barnes.
We are also running a clean program without a hand in the current FBI mess... Auburn? Not so much. We are doing fine with Barnes.

Are we? Sorry but we got our butts kicked twice this year by a coach that wanted to stay here. Would have stayed here for twenty years and won us national championships, now Auburn gets there first. Auburn has never been a recruiting Mecca, but he will make it so, and you can bet your butt he will get higher and higher recruits.

Are we? Sorry but we got our butts kicked twice this year by a coach that wanted to stay here. Would have stayed here for twenty years and won us national championships, now Auburn gets there first. Auburn has never been a recruiting Mecca, but he will make it so, and you can bet your butt he will get higher and higher recruits.

Go root for Auburn then. Bye Bye.

Really? Bruce Pearl's last game at Tennessee was a 30 point loss in the first round of the 2011 NCAA Tournament to Michigan. Great post.

You are comparing an 8 seed that lost to Michigan team that lost later to a duke team by 2 the next round to our current top 8 team with a sec title on the line twice and a 1 seed on the line as being alike???

Not really statistically the same but ok.

Pearl recruits guards who can shoot the ball and lets them go haywire. That’s all there is to it.

If they’re not hitting their shots, their game plan isn’t executed.

Pearl’s type of offense is good enough to win in your conference but when it comes to playing multiple good teams in the big dance, it’s not as effective, especially if they guard the three well.

Only reason why Pearl is being brought up so much because there’s Vol fans still hung up on him and wishes he was still our coach even though he started our downfall.
Only reason why Pearl is being brought up so much because there’s Vol fans still hung up on him and wishes he was still our coach even though he started our downfall.

It’s not like Pearl brought final fours and beat Kentucky consistently while he was here.

Just stupid for the most part.

Pearl did great things here. No one has accomplished what he did before or after his time here. I don't want him back, but I think he is an outstanding coach and recruiter.

He lied about a BBQ. Big deal. Many coaches have done far worse, and some of those are still coaching

You are comparing an 8 seed that lost to Michigan team that lost later to a duke team by 2 the next round to our current top 8 team with a sec title on the line twice and a 1 seed on the line as being alike???

And here come the qualifiers to try to make his statement less stupid.

We did just get creamed twice by Pearl right?

You can call me stupid all you want but you are the one with no long term memory or even short term it appears.

Pearl is a better coach.
It’s not even debatable.
His team has beat us twice when we had the sec titles on the line.
Auburn literally beat us down today.
Great coaches don’t get blown out like that.

Who has the memory problems? Or I guess you just simply don't remember the ass kicking Pearl got while he was here?

I'm surprised that one mentioned the fact that maybe Pearl saw that he had mismatches that he could take advantage of. Neither Grant nor Admiral have the quicks to keep their guards from driving, and they have a lot of them. They have a 6'8" guard/forward in Okeke who always gives us problems everytime we play them. We need better guard play if we want to advance in the tourney.

Auburn winning national championships? That's hilarious.

What about the 20 point ass whipping Louisville gave us with Pearl's best team?

Reactions: UTProf
Auburn was never a threat except in the Charles Barkley and Chuck Person era till Bruce got there. I told everybody and his brother that some SEC team would hire him and we would have to face him every year and we are now reaping what we sowed. It took him a couple seasons to get his team together, but now we see our mistake.
Funny you should mention Chuck Person: Ex-Auburn assistant coach Chuck Person to plead guilty
I did not take long after Bruce got to Auburn for the heat to come down. I like him plenty but he’s going to attract the wrong kind of scrutiny. It would be nice to talk about the ways our current coach could game plan against him better, or whether it’s even a concern.

Funny you should mention Chuck Person: Ex-Auburn assistant coach Chuck Person to plead guilty
I did not take long after Bruce got to Auburn for the heat to come down. I like him plenty but he’s going to attract the wrong kind of scrutiny. It would be nice to talk about the ways our current coach could game plan against him better, or whether it’s even a concern.

Apparently the concern did not come to mind with Barnes. We had the better team both times this year.

It’s literally the first post and the topic of discussion.
I believe it's 6 and 6 at present but Barnes beat Pearl when Pearl had nothing. For Christ sakes he could even beat Pearl when he had Durant and a seventeen point lead at halftime.

I believe it's 6 and 6 at present but Barnes beat Pearl when Pearl had nothing. For Christ sakes he could even beat Pearl when he had Durant and a seventeen point lead at halftime.

And Barnes' first 2 years was full of talent? Come on, man, obviously get a chubby for Pearl, but holy hell.

VN Store

Back