Pat Summit has lost it some

Why keep bjourkland out the whole game? She could have gotten hot at one point. A ton of coaching mistakes and got out coached tonight and other times throughout the season.

I love Pat but she made some dumb decisions tonight.

:lolabove:

This is the kind of fans that make Tennessee look stupid!!! Friggin Ridiculous!!!

I don't find most women's sports very entertaining. I think that Title IX has allowed most schools to have more women's sports than men's, despite the fact that men's sports draw much larger crowds than women's sports, and rightfully so. Think about the fact that only two or three SEC teams have men's soccer, but they all have women's. And women get to participate in football through cheering. Any time the gov't gets involved in anything, it's usually FUBAR!

Oh, hot dog. Another manly man, prolly a tea party guy, too!!! :sick:

So does anyone else. You don't really think Geno has been on top lately because of ungodly coaching ability, do you? It's because he's had the best player. UCONN will come back to earth once Moore is gone.

Yeah, and he bent the rules to get her. That's why Pat quit playing him.

Go anyone but UCONN.

Oh, hot dog. Another manly man, prolly a tea party guy, too!!! :sick:

You got the "manly man" part right. :wink: But not the tea party thing.:nono: Maybe I went a little overboard with the "I don't really enjoy watching women's sports" thing. I do like women's beach volleyball :naughty:

You got the "manly man" part right. :wink: But not the tea party thing.:nono: Maybe I went a little overboard with the "I don't really enjoy watching women's sports" thing. I do like women's beach volleyball :naughty:
Didn't UGA lose by 50 the other day?

I don't find most women's sports very entertaining. I think that Title IX has allowed most schools to have more women's sports than men's, despite the fact that men's sports draw much larger crowds than women's sports, and rightfully so. Think about the fact that only two or three SEC teams have men's soccer, but they all have women's. And women get to participate in football through cheering. Any time the gov't gets involved in anything, it's usually FUBAR!

Wow! I didn't know there were any guys left who still think like that and make it known publicly. I'm no libber, but I do think men and women should have similar opportunities when it comes to athletics, and just how balanced do you think their opportunities would be without some directive like Title IX? Besides that, I bet that your mother is a woman and she'd likely be disappointed with your post.

Wow! I didn't know there were any guys left who still think like that and make it known publicly. I'm no libber, but I do think men and women should have similar opportunities when it comes to athletics, and just how balanced do you think their opportunities would be without some directive like Title IX? Besides that, I bet that your mother is a woman and she'd likely be disappointed with your post.

Yea, right. Money talks and BS walks. How much revenue is generated by men's sports and how much by women's? I'm all for women having sports teams. But more teams than men's?!?!

Yea, right. Money talks and BS walks. How much revenue is generated by men's sports and how much by women's? I'm all for women having sports teams. But more teams than men's?!?!

The vast majority of football programs are money losers.

202 women athletes/254 men athletes. Looks like women have one more team than the men.

Reporting Year: 7/1/2009 - 6/30/2010

Varsity Teams Men's Teams Women's Teams
Baseball 34
Basketball 15 13
All Track Combined 64 52
Football 112
Golf 8 6
Rowing 54
Soccer 23
Softball 20
Swimming and Diving 30 27
Tennis 12 8
Volleyball 16
Total Participants Men's and Women's Teams 275 219
Unduplicated Count of Participants
(Number of individuals who participated on at least one varsity team.) 254 20

Last edited:
So does anyone else. You don't really think Geno has been on top lately because of ungodly coaching ability, do you? It's because he's had the best player. UCONN will come back to earth once Moore is gone.

And here's why: UConn is much better coached offensively than Tennessee is with Summitt. His teams pass the ball better, and they play defense and rebound with the same intensity as Summitt's teams--though UT was not good defensively this year. UT's big problem lately has been mediocre recruiting. We are the premier program in the women's game--and Summitt has played three straight years without a true PG in starting lineup. That is STUPID. PS's guard recruiting over the last decade has been pretty bad. I have a huge respect for PS, but After 35 or so years, it's pretty clear that her best years are behind her.

202 women athletes/254 men athletes. Looks like women have one more team than the men.

Reporting Year: 7/1/2009 - 6/30/2010

Varsity Teams Men's Teams Women's Teams
Baseball 34
Basketball 15 13
All Track Combined 64 52
Football 112
Golf 8 6
Rowing 54
Soccer 23
Softball 20
Swimming and Diving 30 27
Tennis 12 8
Volleyball 16
Total Participants Men's and Women's Teams 275 219
Unduplicated Count of Participants
(Number of individuals who participated on at least one varsity team.) 254 20

And one sport pays for all of them..........men's football.

I love Pat, but she has to change some things on the offensive end.

Here here. I would hate to see the game pass her by like it did Fulmer. Something has to change, and I think things will.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Poor old Pat has lost it. All she mustered was a 66-6 recored the past two years.

I would IMAGINE that the bulk of criticizms came at the end of the Notre Dame game where a ND team executed perfect offensive plays for a big majority of the evening against us. They had that offense running so smoothly with well placed cuts, screens, and kickouts that it was really cool to watch em.

As opposed to the LV's whos offense looks more like one of 3 options...

Transition offense.
Inside/Outside dishes.
Jump shots.

Luckily we have the talent for high speed transition offense (barring the 10+ turnovers every game), and are able to have several players who can hit a difficult jump shot from time to time...

Just I, like others, were really impressed by that ND offensive discipline.

VN Store

Back