Passion

I was at the game, it was more than the student section. And as a recruit, what happens when a “passionate” fan base turns that energy towards you, we have been hard on players before. And as a parent, you really want to send you kid into an environment like that? An environment that teaches your kid that it’s ok to behave like a child when things don’t go your way?
You act as if this is the only time and place such a thing has happened…. And that it happens on a regular basis🙄

I'm tired of the fans being blamed for the clown show the program and administration has turned into.. They're lucky to still have a sellout once in a while. This thing is several years away from being in a better spot. That is if Heupel is the guy and he can recruit.. They better start praying now the fans will be patient enough to see it through. Those lean times may be truly lean if it stalls for a extended period of time.. You saw 15 years of frustration boil over last night.

You act as if this is the only time and place such a thing has happened…. And that it happens on a regular basis🙄
Peyton said something very profound once, that it takes a lifetime to build a reputation, and it can all be destroyed by one moment

Besides you couple this with other events like burning mattresses, protesting a coaching hire, etc. and it becomes a pattern. They may be justified, but still childish.

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
Peyton said something very profound once, that it takes a lifetime to build a reputation, and it can all be destroyed by one moment

Besides you couple this with other events like burning mattresses, protesting a coaching hire, etc. and it becomes a pattern. They may be justified, but still childish.
It goes on elsewhere.. Those programs hide it though and don't throw their fans under the bus like UT does. They need a escape goat I guess for the gross incompetence they've displayed over the last 15 years.

I don’t like the optics but who got hurt?

Layne had a golf ball hit the ground next to his foot…picked it up and smirked at the camera…
he knew this was good media fodder

headlines read he got hit by golf ball. Come on! Which is it?
Who got hurt? How about our recruiting? You don’t think this will be used against us in living rooms across the country? The kids might not mind much but the parents, who have so much influence, will be told that UT is not a safe place and that their kids will not be taught character and self control. This can and will be used against us by the Sabans and Smarts.

It goes on elsewhere.. Those programs hide it though and don't throw their fans under the bus like UT does. They need a escape goat I guess for the gross incompetence they've displayed over the last 15 years.
Sorry but the fans threw themselves under the bus last night, not the school. There is no way I know of to “hide” a meltdown like last night that delays a game almost half and hour in front of a nationally televised audience. How does one “hide” that exactly?

Sorry but the fans threw themselves under the bus last night, not the school. There is no way I know of to “hide” a meltdown like last night that delays a game almost half and hour in front of a nationally televised audience. How does one “hide” that exactly?
Wasn't speaking about last night specifically. It was a bad look but nothing that hasn't happened before in other places..

Reactions: OrangeTsar
I was at the game, it was more than the student section. And as a recruit, what happens when a “passionate” fan base turns that energy towards you, we have been hard on players before. And as a parent, you really want to send you kid into an environment like that? An environment that teaches your kid that it’s ok to behave like a child when things don’t go your way?
It's not up to the parents. My parents didn't choose where I went to college.

Of course there were more, but that's where it started, and other morons joined in. That's why they cleared out the student section.

Of course a passionate fan base could turn. That's a risk everywhere with a passionate fan base, not just at UT. If the recruits are worried about that they should go play at vandy or somewhere that isn't in the SEC.

As a parent, if you're relying on the environment created by fans of a football team to "teach" your kids anything then you've already failed as a parent.

How many people were actually throwing things? 10,000? 5,000? Less? You could remove them and still fill other SEC stadiums with the fans that weren't partaking. It was definitely a bad look, but the media and others are making it out to be the majority of the fan base that did this which wasn't the case.

Last edited:
“Because you are lukewarm–neither hot nor cold–I am about to spit you out of my mouth.” Revelation 3:15

The days of lukewarm vols are over!

Who got hurt? How about our recruiting? You don’t think this will be used against us in living rooms across the country? The kids might not mind much but the parents, who have so much influence, will be told that UT is not a safe place and that their kids will not be taught character and self control. This can and will be used against us by the Sabans and Smarts.
You’ve taken my comment out of context and replied to something I didn’t say.

Some fans showed poor sportsmanship. Nothing to defend. Agreed it’s a bad look. As a whole they showed Passion.

my question of “Who got hurt?” Is directed at the media and commentators that implied player safety was in jeopardy.

A “single” potentially dangerous item (golf ball) was thrown onto the field by a “single” idiotic fan. Half empty water bottles and cardboard boxes don’t constitute dangerous objects. And if so… who got hurt by them? That was my question…

VN Store

Back