Passion

There's a difference between passion and toxic obsession
I don’t like the optics but who got hurt?

Layne had a golf ball hit the ground next to his foot…picked it up and smirked at the camera…
he knew this was good media fodder

headlines read he got hit by golf ball. Come on! Which is it?

Reactions: Bobo0101
All I know is that I got to eat lunch with Jalen Ramsey my entire young school life and he said Tennessee didn't have any swag so take it how you will with recruiting

Reactions: Berry4Heisman14

Layne had a golf ball hit the ground next to his foot…picked it up and smirked at the camera…

You know we had so much great chatter in the beginning of the game. Looking on Twitter you'd see all the praises for the fans and the atmosphere, talking about "this is how college football should be."

All that got negated.

We had a lot of recruits at this game. I just hope this didn't do damage to recruiting.

You know we had so much great chatter in the beginning of the game. Looking on Twitter you'd see all the praises for the fans and the atmosphere, talking about "this is how college football should be."

All that got negated.

We had a lot of recruits at this game. I just hope this didn't do damage to recruiting.

Yeah I agree, I don’t like the optics either or sportsmanship but there is passion brewing.

You don’t stop a rabid fan base on a dime though…. There were at least two calls worth some strong boos/protest.

my preference? A minute or two was fine…. It went too far

Would you rather apathy?

All that got negated.

It didn't negate anything except to softies and the media, which not ironically are a bunch of politically correct softies. You want passionate fans but then treat them like garbage for 14yrs and then the SEC doing SEC things this is the result. Not saying it's right, I don't agree with and wouldn't do that if I was there, but people are not frustrated they're PIZZED off. 66-70 in the past 14yrs from a program that was top 8 in all-time wins when this losing started. UT administration is the cause of this.

It didn't negate anything except to softies and the media, which not ironically are a bunch of politically correct softies. You want passionate fans but then treat them like garbage for 14yrs and then the SEC doing SEC things this is the result. Not saying it's right, I don't agree with and wouldn't do that if I was there, but people are not frustrated their PIZZED off. 66-70 in the past 14yrs from a program that was top 8 in all-time wins when this losing started. UT administration is the cause of this.
The UT Administration has changed, we have the right people in place. We need to move pass the pain from the past, or we'll never move forward. We can't controlled what happened in the past, it's over, we can only control our behavior moving forward. We're better than this.

Reactions: rocytop2624
The UT Administration has changed, we have the right people in place. We need to move pass the pain from the past, or we'll never move forward. We can't controlled what happened in the past, it's over, we can only control our behavior moving forward. We're better than this.

Don't disagree at all. I don't like Danny White though. The only thing he cares about is raising money. Has no understanding of what TN is. Has zero respect or care for TN history or traditions. BUT I will say that I think he does want to win and seems committed to providing the resources the programs (not just football) needs to win. I know Boyd supports football and Plowman seems to as well. I don't agree with all of their decisions but will say I feel we have an administration actually committed to seeing TN football be successful again for the first time since Dickey retired so I am positive about that. End of the day though fans are gonn be irritable until on-field success is had. Heupel has to deliver that but the time fans have been waiting is because of administration. Whether previous or not is gonn change how people feel

I don’t care if he got beaned with it, and I’m all for the person who did it to be arrested and changed for it. It’s ok for the sake of karma to be alright with both things happening.

Don't disagree at all. I don't like Danny White though. The only thing he cares about is raising money. Has no understanding of what TN is. Has zero respect or care for TN history or traditions. BUT I will say that I think he does want to win and seems committed to providing the resources the programs (not just football) needs to win. I know Boyd supports football and Plowman seems to as well. I don't agree with all of their decisions but will say I feel we have an administration actually committed to seeing TN football be successful again for the first time since Dickey retired so I am positive about that. End of the day though fans are gonn be irritable until on-field success is had. Heupel has to deliver that but the time fans have been waiting is because of administration. Whether previous or not is gonn change how people feel
Danny's done a great job so far. I've never seen an AD that focus more on people than his own ego. He listens to players and to fans. Hell we checker Neyland after fans asked him on Twitter to do it. And I have seen nothing to indicate that he has zero respect for our traditions.

Danny's done a great job so far. I've never seen an AD that focus more on people than his own ego. He listens to players and to fans. Hell we checker Neyland after fans asked him on Twitter to do it. And I have seen nothing to indicate that he has zero respect for our traditions.

Danny has a massive ego.. He is carving Neyland into pieces. Reducing capacity. He is jacking prices up on fans that have been shat on for 14yrs straight while they already paid some of, if not the highest prices in the conference already. Which prolly makes them some of the highest in the country. All he cares about is money. Yes, it's a business and revenue is important, especially with TN right now but it's all he ever talks about and nothing is too sacred to him and his desire to drive revenue. People that worked with him at UCF say the same. All he cared about was the money. That doesn't work at places like TN. Yes, we need money but there are certain things you can't/don't sacrifice for money. He doesn't get that.

Go check the UT ADs tweets before you think this admin is any different from the past morons.

No mention of officiating but plenty to say about how awful our fans are. Pearls clutched. Fainting couch in use.

Reactions: Lane Train 4
Danny has a massive ego.. He is carving Neyland into pieces. Reducing capacity. He is jacking prices up on fans that have been shat on for 14yrs straight while they already paid some of, if not the highest prices in the conference already. Which prolly makes them some of the highest in the country. All he cares about is money. Yes, it's a business and revenue is important, especially with TN right now but it's all he ever talks about and nothing is too sacred to him and his desire to drive revenue. People that worked with him at UCF say the same. All he cared about was the money. That doesn't work at places like TN. Yes, we need money but there are certain things you can't/don't sacrifice for money. He doesn't get that.
Ok I don't like the Neyland renovations either but you know those plans were started by Currie, and set into motion by Fulmer right? And I've been going to Football games for about 10 years now, and my prices haven't gone up.

Go check the UT ADs tweets before you think this admin is any different from the past morons.

No mention of officiating but plenty to say about how awful our fans are. Pearls clutched. Fainting couch in use.
Because our fans were awful. You think we're the first fan base to be screwed royally by referees? It's not about what someone does to you it's about how you react.

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
Because our fans were awful. You think we're the first fan base to be screwed royally by referees? It's not about what someone does to you it's about how you react.

Fine.

That doesn’t negate the officiating and the hell they need to raise over it. If these new hires want the fans to stay invested then they better go to bat for them. It’s about loyalty. The thing they ask for year after year.

Fine.

That doesn’t negate the officiating and the hell they need to raise over it. If these new hires want the fans to stay invested then they better go to bat for them. It’s about loyalty. The thing they ask for year after year.
Like "raising hell" is going to do anything. Officiating has been screwing us for years, like bitching and moaning's gonna do anything.

The best way they can go to bat for us is by putting in the work to help our players improve and show heart on the field. Control what they can control. And I feel like that've done that so far.

Like "raising hell" is going to do anything. Officiating has been screwing us for years, like bitching and moaning's gonna do anything.

The best way they can go to bat for us is by putting in the work to help our players improve and show heart on the field. Control what they can control. And I feel like that've done that so far.

The part of the AD’s job is bitching about ******** on the programs behalf. It’s about showing fight. It may not do any good but fight anyway.

CJH and staff seems to be doing fine helping this team improve. The progress under him and his crew have been exemplary.

Why are so many people worried about this hurting recruiting? If anything it will help recruiting. College kids love high energy and chaos... hell, it was the student section throwing stuff.
I was at the game, it was more than the student section. And as a recruit, what happens when a “passionate” fan base turns that energy towards you, we have been hard on players before. And as a parent, you really want to send you kid into an environment like that? An environment that teaches your kid that it’s ok to behave like a child when things don’t go your way?

VN Store

Back