Palmer Declares for NFL

So the kid had like 8 catches this year and has AVERAGE SEC speed....yes this makes a ton of sense! What are some of these kids thinking? He won't even get drafted. SMH

Reactions: Border Vol
So the kid had like 8 catches this year and has AVERAGE SEC speed....yes this makes a ton of sense! What are some of these kids thinking? He won't even get drafted. SMH
He’s probably thinking that he’s a Senior and it’s time to leave college and take his shot. Plus, he’s from Toronto so playing in Canada is a fallback option that he’d probably be ok with if he had to go that route.

I say good luck to the guy and thanks for being one of the guys that stuck it out for 4 years.

You’re right, we’ve been competing for SEC championships recently. How did I forget?
What are you talking about? I thought you were crying about our so so senior Canadian wr going into the draft

He’s probably thinking that he’s a Senior and it’s time to leave college and take his shot. Plus, he’s from Toronto so playing in Canada is a fallback option that he’d probably be ok with if he had to go that route.

I say good luck to the guy and thanks for being one of the guys that stuck it out for 4 years.
Well he got an $80,000 education for "sticking it out" for 4 years, so hopefully he feels it was worth his time. He seems like a great kid...best of luck to him in all that he does.

He’s a senior who will be lucky to be a 6th to 7th round draftee. But yeah, that’s totally normal.

I agree that he is a senior and may be tired of college. If he has graduated he simply may be done. I know when I was in my last year and last semester you couldn't have payed me to have to take more classes to stay in school. Not saying the program is not is shambles right now, but every player is different. every situation is different. Just maybe he made a decision that felt right for him. Everything plays a part; school, state for the football program, talk of coaches being fired, risk of injury, the call of actually earning a pay check, on and on and on.

Last edited:
Shoot your shot, Josh. He may show out at the combine. Personally I don't see him making a roster. Didn't use his size and strength to get open and does not have explosive speed. He dropped a lot of balls this passed season, too. May get drafted late, but if Jennings and Calloway got cut, his chances are slim.

Losing him is a non factor. Actually, might be a blessing.

I agree that he is a senior and may be tired of college. If he has graduated he simply may be done. I know when I was in my last year and last semester you couldn't have payed me to have to take more classes to stay in school. Not saying the program is not is shambles right now, but every player is different. every situation is different. Just maybe he made a decision that felt right for him. Everything plays a part; school, state for the football program, talk of coaches being fired, risk of injury, the call of actually earing a pay check, on and on and on.
Everything you said is certainly possible and understandable, but I go back to this: if we had even remotely competent coaching, he and players like him (those with a chance at an NFL career) would be taking advantage of the opportunity to stay and grow that potential. The fact that they aren’t is an indictment upon this staff, that appears to be remaining employed.

Reactions: Chitlin&theDude
You’re acting like this is an isolated incident. This follows Morris transferring and others. Was the rock you’ve been sleeping under heavy?

No. This guy wants to take a shot at the Pros. In a normal year he would've played his last game at UT. He has the talent to play in the NFL.

Everything you said is certainly possible and understandable, but I go back to this: if we had even remotely competent coaching, he and players like him (those with a chance at an NFL career) would be taking advantage of the opportunity to stay and grow that potential. The fact that they aren’t is an indictment upon this staff, that appears to be remaining employed.
If you stay you increase your risk for injury and never getting a shot.

If you stay you increase your risk for injury and never getting a shot.
By this logic, every player with NFL aspirations should leave after their Jr year. Do you realize how dumb that sounds?

Palmer is a gifted athlete but not the greatest football player. I hope he gets a chance at an NFL roster but I'm not sure he'll ever make it in the league.

By this logic, every player with NFL aspirations should leave after their Jr year. Do you realize how dumb that sounds?
Dumb? I'm not sure you grasp how things actually work.

It's the risk they take to strengthen their status. Some get hurt and never get the shot, some do and still get the shot. Some have worse senior seasons and drop regardless. It's about weighing the pros and cons.

You're only posting this to fuel the "panic" and to feed your narrative when this move is completely natural.

Reactions: macrovol
So we are replacing 4* who are leaving the program, recruited by Pruitt, because they couldn't improve under his coaching with other 3-4* freshman who are now going to magically perform under his coaching? Makes sense
well, most of them that are leaving were NOT recruited by pruitt. hell, they may not even truly fit scheme-wise and now the players pruitt recruited are actually ready to step up and in their roles. not saying i know, but it could def be a poss

Reactions: Border Vol
Is seniors and 5th year seniors leaving for the draft or grad transferring really that big of a deal? Yeah I’d love to have Palmer back but he’s a senior. He’s put his time in. He’s going to the NFL just like he would do in any other year. Just because Covid has allowed players to come back for 5th and 6th years doesn’t mean players will automatically come back. Now Wanya is different. Hopefully something happens soon with the coaching situation and we can convince him to come back. Injuries and Covid were not kind to his development. A normal off season for him and he could be a very good player for us.

Oh I don’t know, maybe because the program is falling completely apart?

The people on staff and were on last year's roster won a total of 3 freakin' games. The program can get worse? I can't see how from here. Any of them leaving other than HB, TooToo, Crouch, the frosh LBs out of Memphis, the Mays boys, Hiatt, and Alontae Taylor I'm good.

Don't cry over those that choose not to be there. Palmer leaving early is another step in the right direction. It is clear why we went 3-7 this tear. Sure isn't just Pruitt. This kid has (again) over estimated his abilities. Hope he graduated with his degree............

VN Store

Back