'21 PA WDE Elijah Jeudy (Texas A&M transfer)

This weekend’s visitor list is insaaaaane. Lots of 5 stars and lots of quality prospects from this and next class. Big things happening here, y’all. I can feel it
Exited to see how This class unfolds. Expect to land some big time dudes this year, with more wins as I expect to happen will bring the heavys.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Reactions: T Dog
Elijah Jeudy visited Tennessee on Saturday for the first time, joining a number of his teammates in traveling from Philadelphia to Knoxville to take a closer look at the Vols. He’s already planning to make the trip again. The four-star Class of 2021 defensive end/linebacker from Philadelphia’s Northeast High School said Tennessee is “top-five right now” among the dozens of schools pursuing him following his visit Saturday for the Vols’ junior day, and he now expects them to host him on an official visit in the coming months

“It was a good visit overall,” said Jeudy, who’s ranked the No. 170 overall prospect and No. 12 weakside defensive end in the 2021 class, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. “I will be taking an official visit down there soon. We’re still trying to come up with dates.”

The 6-foot-2, 242-pound Jeudy said Tennessee “moved up” based on what he saw and heard during Saturday’s visit, and the Vols are one of a handful of SEC teams standing out to him because of how comfortable he felt during his stay in Knoxville.

“The vibe is just different,” he said. “It feels like home. There’s only one other place that felt like home — no, two — them, Georgia and (Texas) A&M. Those are the only places that actually feel like home. “I would say that they’re, like, top-five right now. Right now, it would be Georgia, (Texas) A&M, Penn State, Tennessee and LSU.”

Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt’s staff, led by new tight ends coach Joe Osovet and new outside linebackers coach Shelton Felton, “made it clear that I was a priority,” Jeudy said. “I mean, they run a defense similar to Georgia,” Jeudy said. “They run both 3-4 and 4-3. They’d be able to move me around. I’d be able to drop back in coverage and be able to put my hand in the dirt and rush the passer. They did tell me that, if I go, I will be able to start, so that actually made me think more about my decisions. “And then, in general, the staff alone just has a good vibe, so I feel like I’d be able to get along with the staff.”

Osovet has been serving as Jeudy’s primary recruiter for Tennessee, and Jeudy said Felton also “texts me from time to time.” He enjoyed meeting Felton over the weekend. “(Felton) actually taught me a couple new moves (Saturday),” said Jeudy, who holds offers from at least 25 schools, including Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Penn State, Texas A&M, Florida, Michigan, Oregon, South Carolina and Virginia Tech. “He just talked about football and basics.”

Jeudy said he already has visited four of the schools currently in his top five — Georgia, Penn State, Texas A&M and Tennessee — and he “should be going to LSU soon.” While he’s not sure exactly when he might return to Tennessee on an official visit, he said he’s hoping to pick a school within the next few months. “I’m trying to do it before the season,” Jeudy said. “I’m trying to do it in June — probably, like, somewhere in mid- or late June.”

VN Store

Back