'20 PA OLB Isaiah Gaddy (PWO)

Aight, let's do this.

giphy.gif

Just posted this in another thread but Osovet and Tennessee has been communicating/offering a lot of PA kids.

An added bonus to the potential that this young man might have is that him coming here ought to help create inroads with PA HS coaches. Plus kids he’s friends with likely give Tennessee a more serious look.

That aside, really like this kids size coming in as a freshman. Seems every year we have PWO’s earning scholarships. He might be one to watch.

PWO. Practice squad with a chance to grow into a scholarship.

What's interesting is both new commits were added to our 247 commit list yesterday and both have been taken off. I was confused because usually PWO's dont make the commit list. Weird

Edge rusher Isaiah Gaddy committed to the Vols from all the way in Philadelphia, where new tight ends coach and New Yorker Joe Osovet served as his chief recruiter. Gaddy had offers at one point in his recruitment from NC State and Texas A&M, but as National Signing Day came and went, he didn’t have a spot in either team’s class. In the last month, Tennessee reached out and reconnected. Gaddy attended a camp in the summer of 2018 before Pruitt’s first season but hadn’t visited Knoxville since.

“It kind of sucks because you’ve been waiting for so long for things to happen, from 7-on-7s to visits and all that stuff for my senior year and it’s all canceled,” Gaddy said. “Now it’s time for me to go and take official visits and stuff and now I can’t do it.”

Osovet mainly recruited Gaddy over the past month over the phone and via Twitter DMs, giving him an opportunity he was hoping to get.

“It’s not a full scholarship, but it could potentially become a full scholarship, and I just feel like I’m the type of player that’s going to work for everything that I want. So for this opportunity to come my way, I felt like it was just the best thing,” Gaddy said.
-Ubben

Whatever happened to this kid? Is he in school at UT? Is he still a preferred walk-on?

Last edited:

VN Store

Back