'22 PA OL Ryan Brubaker (S. Carolina commit)

Brubaker added he set official visits for Penn State (June 4-6), South Carolina (June 11-13) and Tennessee (June 18-20). He is looking at another official visit for the end of June but has not settled on a school.

Brubaker is a Penn State legacy. His dad, Jeff, played for coach Joe Paterno.

"What I know about Penn State comes from watching them play, and from my dad’s stories," Brubaker said when he was offered late last month. "Coach (James) Franklin said I check all of their boxes."

South Carolina extended an offer to Brubaker on Feb. 1, and since then he has continued to build a relationship with the coaching staff, including offensive line coach Greg Adkins.

At the time, Brubaker said his knowledge of the program was basic.

"I don’t know much about them, other than it is the goal of the staff to give South Carolina a fresh start with my class and those following it," he said at the time.

Tennessee offered Brubaker on Feb. 15, and a few days later he took part in a Zoom call to learn more about the program. Included in the call were discussions with coah Josh Heupel and offensive line coach Glen Elarbee.
-Dohn

"It's been going good," Brubaker said. "Just in talking to someone outside the recruiting game, right now I'm living a 1000 kids dream and that perspective has shown me how blessed I am. It gave me that feeling of being grateful for all that I have and worked for."

"Tennessee is a great school," Brubaker said. "I've enjoyed getting to know Coach Elarbee, coach Heupel and the rest of the staff. Coach Heupel has done a great job of bringing in a good cast of characters that are different but share core values. From what I've been hearing from Coach Elarbee and others, they have been putting in the work to turn it around."

"He did a zoom with us the other night," Brubaker said. "He went over some film that they had on me and maybe the scariest thing was it wasn't just highlights (laughs). It was film from any game at any time. It was a wide variety of plays and we broke it all down. I enjoyed listening to his teaching style. I liked his gentle and soft spoken instruction. Some scream and yell and that's just not him. It's interesting and appealing."

"Right now if things are slated to open with official visits in June, I'm looking to make my decision before my senior season to make sure I'm locked in and get it over with," Brubaker said. "The last few seasons my recruitment has been on my mind. I'd like to play with all that behind me with no pressure."
AP

CJH has said while we are going to have guys that can move, they are going to have to be big and fast. But this kid is 280 and still a year of high school left. No problem for them to get him between 300-310 and stay flexible. He has a great frame to add strength and muscle and still retain speed. Butch tried to go to light for the SEC, Coach Heupel knows the deal. He has played big boy football, Jones was a band player. GBO!!!!

I really wish the NCAA would end this recruiting dead period. It’s ridiculous.

It’s not about Covid anymore. It’s literally because they know the top recruits will only commit to the top schools and won’t go to see anyone else (because they can’t). This is widening the gap, and they want it. It screws over schools like us specifically because of the new staff

It’s not about Covid anymore. It’s literally because they know the top recruits will only commit to the top schools and won’t go to see anyone else (because they can’t). This is widening the gap, and they want it. It screws over schools like us specifically because of the new staff

Seems we are kind of screwed either way then.

Ridiculous.

Ridiculous.
Not really. They brought a whole football team and staff from College Station, Texas to Knoxville in the height of the pandemic to play a football game. All winter we have had basketball teams traveling all over the country and playing games without masks.

Bringing in isolated individuals a few at a time would be a whole lot less exposure than the things we have been doing the last 6-8 months. Not allowing on-site visits makes no sense at all.

Not really. They brought a whole football team and staff from College Station, Texas to Knoxville in the height of the pandemic to play a football game. All winter we have had basketball teams traveling all over the country and playing games without masks.

Bringing in isolated individuals a few at a time would be a whole lot less exposure than the things we have been doing the last 6-8 months. Not allowing on-site visits makes no sense at all.
Has anything at all during this pandemic made sense..... at my daughters high school..... each player had to play with their own individual basketball during practice two weeks before they played their first game.... they also outlawed the jump ball and scoring from third on a wild pitch in baseball.

Reactions: SugarCC and Kristy*
Tennessee gets the next crack with an official visit beginning June 18.

“Tennessee is appealing in the sense their offense is a little different,” Brubaker said. “As an offensive player, coach (Josh) Heupel and the fast-paced offense that he brings, it’s special. I think that is a point of interest on the football side of it.

“On the human side of it, coach Heupel is a great guy. Really all five of the head coaches at these schools are phenomenal men, but speaking on Tennessee, coach Heupel is a great guy. He has great coaches around him and there is a revival there. That’s the feel I got around Tennessee in just remembering their past and what they were capable of, and we can be capable of that again.”
-Dohn

VN Store

Back