'19 PA CB Tykee Smith (WVU Transfer)

Based on those stats, looks like he’s been a 2 year starter and probably has 3 years of eligibility left thanks to covid. Would be a great pickup giving CJP’s inability to recruit DBs

It’s possible, but that’s all the Twitter and national analysts were saying last night as soon as the news broke. I’d love for him not to, but most everyone seems to agree that’s the destination

he will not be anywhere near what they have. A body for them

There's no way to know for sure until he goes through fall camp, but I believe he'll play a lot and has a good chance to be a starter. Georgia lost a lot of DB production. One transferred, Tyrique Stevenson, and five others elected for the draft. Smith will bring about as much experience as the rest of our DB's have combined, especially since several of the ones returning are (2nd year) freshmen who didn't have spring or summer workouts in 2020, and Kelee Ringo missed the entire season after shoulder surgery in August.

There's no way to know for sure until he goes through fall camp, but I believe he'll play a lot and has a good chance to be a starter. Georgia lost a lot of DB production. One transferred, Tyrique Stevenson, and five others elected for the draft. Smith will bring about as much experience as the rest of our DB's have combined, especially since several of the ones returning are (2nd year) freshmen who didn't have spring or summer workouts in 2020, and Kelee Ringo missed the entire season after shoulder surgery in August.
Yeah I don’t think Georgia would bring him in if he didn’t have a really good shot at starting

Never know agreed there but he was not all that at WVU and they were lucky they had a good dline or he would have been worse

Yeah I don’t think Georgia would bring him in if he didn’t have a really good shot at starting

We'll see. PSYCHO says he's not that good, I've read others say he's pretty good, but I honestly don't have an opinion because have never even seen him play. UGA definitely could use some help on the back end, especially when Heupel starts launching those rapid fire pass plays. I hope Clemson's new qb is not quite up to form for game one.

We'll see. PSYCHO says he's not that good, I've read others say he's pretty good, but I honestly don't have an opinion because have never even seen him play. UGA definitely could use some help on the back end, especially when Heupel starts launching those rapid fire pass plays. I hope Clemson's new qb is not quite up to form for game one.
He is okay but not over the top impressed to say. A good dline makes him better than he is but he will get worked and not a real contact guy tackling at all. Lot of talk too.

He is okay but not over the top impressed to say. A good dline makes him better than he is but he will get worked and not a real contact guy tackling at all. Lot of talk too.

I went and watched his highlights (don't tell the whole story but that's all I'm gonna do) and I agree with you about "not over the top impressed", but for a different reason. He looks plenty physical to me, decent tackler, fairly quick, but not what I consider fast for a defensive back. I've read that UGA may use him at the "star" position and I think that might work out okay, maybe even an upgrade from 2020. The DL and OLB pass rush, barring too much injury, should be good. I still think we need experience at CB and don't think T Smith is a fit there, can't run with SEC speed at WR. Wouldn't be shocked to see them go after another DB transfer if the right one comes available. Otherwise somebody already on the roster has to grow up quickly.

Reactions: PYSCHO

VN Store

Back