'22 PA ATH Keenan Nelson Jr (uscjr commit)

Keenan Nelson Jr. loves man-to-man coverage. “I feel like I play press-man pretty well,” Nelson told Volquest. “I’m just trying to focus on my technique right now and conditioning. I give 100 percent on every practice rep and I’m working a lot on off-man coverage.” Tennessee head coach Jeremy Pruitt prides himself on finding players who can not only play man-to-man in the back end, but thrive in it. This bodes well for the two parties as the Vols first showed interest earlier this year in January. “I was at school one day and coach [Joe] Osovet came to my school.” Nelson remembered. “I got to meet and talk to him for a little bit. Later on, I got called back to the office and found out they had offered me.”
The St. Joseph’s product speaks with Osovet on a weekly basis and [defensive coordinator] Derrick Ansley every other week. Nelson said he speaks with [head coach] Jeremy Pruitt about once every three weeks on the phone or on zoom. “They want me to play defensive back. I know that,” Nelson said. “I’m not sure if it’s cornerback or safety right now, but I know it’s defensive back.” Nelson is rated as the No. 2 prospect in Pennsylvania and has been tabbed as the nation’s No. 13 cornerback in the 2022 cycle. He’s 6-foot-2, 195 pounds entering the 2020 season. “Tennessee said I have good hips for my height,” Nelson said. “They also said they like my height at where I play.”
In 2019, St. Joseph’s won Pennsylvania 6-A title with Nelson starting at cornerback. As a sophomore, Nelson recorded a couple of tackles and broke up three passes during the championship game. At this point, Nelson said there is no set timetable for a commitment. “More than likely, I’m going to wait until the time is right. I don’t really know yet,” Nelson said on a commitment date. “I’m keeping all of my options open right now.”
-VQ

When they go 4-8 or 3-9 this year their class is going to crumble.

His ranking dropped today. Now out of the top 247. I don’t think he was being recruited by any big schools besides Penn St and it’s because they are the in-state school

VN Store

Back