Ozzy Osborne

Help me out, which AI music is good?

I haven't really delved into it. I'm mostly commenting about my being open to the idea that AI can make good music. Why not? AI makes awesome images.

But since you asked, I did hear some cool/funny mashups made by AI where it had dead artists singing newer artists' songs, and it was pretty cool. If it's interesting this early in its infancy, we're going to hear some pretty cool ****.

Autotune is cool and the pushback against it was the most old man yelling at clouds moment in recent music history. Who cares if some people use it to conceal a lack of talent. They used it to make music that some people like.

Usher told TPain he ruined the industry and it makes me hate Usher.
Not completely. A big problem with autotune is that it removes a lot of individual character from voices - occasionally singing a micro-bit flat or sharp for the purpose of the song (think blues, rock, etc.)

Like Stevie Winwood almost always sings the tiniest bit sharp, and it gives his music a slightly acidic tone, and unique to him.

Autotune tends to bland things out.

Not completely. A big problem with autotune is that it removes a lot of individual character from voices - occasionally singing a micro-bit flat or sharp for the purpose of the song (think blues, rock, etc.)

Like Stevie Winwood almost always sings the tiniest bit sharp, and it gives his music a slightly acidic tone, and unique to him.

Autotune tends to bland things out.

Well, yeah. Stevie Winwood probably shouldn't use autotune, but I'm glad it's there for Kanye. Autotune isn't replacing anything, it's just an addition. If it were all autotune all the time, then I'd be on board. However, it's used sparingly.

VN Store

Back