OWH's Topic That Will Never Die XXIII

First colonoscopy this morning. Getting old sucks. Good news is everything was fine, and don't have to do it again for ten years.

When I had my first, Everybody's Pizza was still open for business. I've had three in the past ten months. In the outpatient clinic last December, Doc finds a polyp. It's shaped funny and right at the bend where the ascending colon meets the transverse colon. He's worried about bleeding and wants to remove it in a hospital setting. Six weeks later, colonoscopy #2 at the hospital. Doc says everything went fine. The lab says no cancer. Doc says he wants another look-see in six months, so I do it all again in July. Doc shows me pictures of little bity adenomatous polyps, says he wants to check on them next year...

Bless your four year interval.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I had my first, Everybody's Pizza was still open for business. I've had three in the past ten months. In the outpatient clinic last December, Doc finds a polyp. It's shaped funny and right at the bend where the ascending colon meets the transverse colon. He's worried about bleeding and wants to remove it in a hospital setting. Six weeks later, colonoscopy #2 at the hospital. Doc says everything went fine. The lab says no cancer. Doc says he wants another look-see in six months, so I do it all again in July. Doc shows me pictures of little bity adenomatous polyps, says he wants to check on them next year...

Bless your four year interval.
Dang Tin! My post should have said 10 years not four.

Praying all your results come out good. Glad your doc is keeping a good eye on it.

I'd rather be put to sleep for the prep instead of the procedure.

Woo hoo! Even when my first one was clean as a whistle, the doc wanted to see me again in five years. I wonder a little bit how much of my doctors' suggestions are prudent medicine and how much are keeping the resources fully employed.

Edit: I've had one every ~five years until the one in December 2018.

Woo hoo! Even when my first one was clean as a whistle, the doc wanted to see me again in five years. I wonder a little bit how much of my doctors' suggestions are prudent medicine and how much are keeping the resources fully employed.

Edit: I've had one every ~five years until the one in December 2018.
Five years used to be standard. Hubby had a polyp removed his first time, so he's 5 years from now on.

I get to go back for a follow up in two weeks “to make sure they got it all.” Bleh.

ETA: and they don’t use Versed any more, removing the one entertaining element.

VN Store

Back