Over/underrated ... rate yours and other teams

lawgator1

So we all pretty much know the lay of the land as predicted by experts this year. Here are some of the teams regularly discussed here. Pick one or two, or a few. Tell us who is overrated and who is underrated. Starting with of course the Tennessee Vols....

Vols. I say underrated. Certainly better than either Kentucky or Mizzou, although maybe not better than both. I think you are neck and neck with one of them for third in the East this year.

UF. I'd like to say underrated but probably also about right. So much hinges on the unknown of Emory Jones. As is, I'd expect runner-up to UGA in the East. Probably have more upside than most other teams though as the distance between UGA and UF versus the rest of the East is pretty substantial this year. So if Jones is just meh, probably still finish second. But if he is as some advertise, can certainly threaten UGA.

Alabama. About right. What can you say? until someone knocks them off in the SEC and givne their recruiting advantage, they are a playoff team year in and year out and that is just reality.

Ole Miss. Underrated. I think they are as good as LSU this year.

Texas A& M. Enormously overrated. I see them fourth in the West this year, not second.

South Carolina. Underrated.

Some non-conference teams now.....

Oklahoma. Overrated. Sorry, not buying that they suddenly have a defense.

Clemson. Overrated. Lost too many superstars and, although they may win an overall down ACC this year, I think they are a relatively easy out in the playoffs.

So chime in. Or offer your most overrated and most underrated teams.

UGA - properly rated
UF - overrated, but still a 8-9 win team
UK - MASSIVELY overrated, same 6-7 win team
Mizzou - underrated
UT - slightly underrated, but still not doing better than 7-5
South Carolina - Properly rated. I think they’ll be trash
Vandy - properly rated, terrible team

Bama - properly rated
LSU - underrated
Auburn - overrated
Miss State - underrated
Ole Miss - underrated
A&M - overrated
Arky - overrated, seeing some hype for them. I think they’ll be terrible

Bama - everything’s been proven
aTm - overrated but solid coach
Ole Miss.- underrated
LSU - overrated below average coach
Aub - overrated
MSU - about right
Ark - about right

UGA - about right talented but average coach 10-11 wins
Fl - about right. 10-11 wins
KY- slightly overrated but very good coach
Tenn - underrated- more talent than expected
Mizz - underrated slightly
USCe - about right - down year
Vandy - everything’s been proven

OU & Texas are offensive minded schools which works where they currently reside.
Will they be able to recruit the defensive talent when they join the SEC.
I think there are more elite offensive talents across the country than elite defensive talent.
In the SEC you have to at least slow down your opponents regardless of your offense.

Last edited:
Out of the teams ranked below Tennessee, South Carolina scares me the most. The new coach seems to be motivating them well and I think people are sleeping on them.

Explain that one to me. They were bad last year and are in a coaching transition.
Look at their recruiting rankings for the last 4 years and look at the people that left then look at what their new coach has done in his career. Basically South Carolina isn't gonna be good this year at all I think them and vandy will battle it out for last place in the SEC.

I think both KY and LSU are overrated, especially KY. Stoops is a good coach but he’s too conservative and running the ball well will only get you so far. Everyone else I think is properly rated, including UT. While I hope we are a pleasant surprise, the past 15yrs has taught me to not get my hopes up.

Reactions: lukeneyland
So we all pretty much know the lay of the land as predicted by experts this year. Here are some of the teams regularly discussed here. Pick one or two, or a few. Tell us who is overrated and who is underrated. Starting with of course the Tennessee Vols....

Vols. I say underrated. Certainly better than either Kentucky or Mizzou, although maybe not better than both. I think you are neck and neck with one of them for third in the East this year.

UF. I'd like to say underrated but probably also about right. So much hinges on the unknown of Emory Jones. As is, I'd expect runner-up to UGA in the East. Probably have more upside than most other teams though as the distance between UGA and UF versus the rest of the East is pretty substantial this year. So if Jones is just meh, probably still finish second. But if he is as some advertise, can certainly threaten UGA.

Alabama. About right. What can you say? until someone knocks them off in the SEC and givne their recruiting advantage, they are a playoff team year in and year out and that is just reality.

Texas A& M. Enormously overrated. I see them fourth in the West this year, not second.

Clemson. Overrated. Lost too many superstars and, although they may win an overall down ACC this year, I think they are a relatively easy out in the playoffs.

Underrated??? Your profile pic…

Tennessee - Slightly under rated. I think that The Vols will put a lot of points on the board this year and that will give them a chance to surprise some teams if they have a bad day on offense or turn the ball over too much....still probably about a 7 - 5 team, though 6 - 6 and 8 - 4 may be possibilities as well.

Kentucky - over rated. Stoops is good at teaching his players the fundamentals and that keeps them some what competitive. He consistently lacks a good QB and elite WR's.

Vandy - Properly rated. They are a bad, bad football team and lack the talent to compete in the SEC.

South Car - Properly rated. The won't be very good this year. They have some talent, just not enough.

Georgia - Properly rated. They should be very good this year if QB shapes up they way it should for them.

Florida - Properly rated, depending on who you listen to I guess. They are a 9 - 3 team....maybe a 8 - 4 team if Jones struggles some like I think he should.

Missouri - Slightly over rated. They have a decent QB, but I don't have a great deal of confidence in the rest of the team.

Alabama - Properly rated. They will be good again unfortunately. Not as good as last year, but still good enough to get to the Championship game.

Auburn - overrated. I really think they are going to be really bad this year.

Arkansas - Slightly over rated. I think Sam Pittman is a good coach, but Arky is hard to recruit to and that squad lacks quality depth.

Ole Miss - Properly rated I guess. The offense should flourish, but can they stop anyone?

Miss State - Properly rated.

LSU - Under rated. I think the defense will get fixed and they have plenty of talent.

A&M - Properly rated. Will finish second in the west this year, and has the talent to push Bama.

Vols. Underrated. I feel like we will upset Kentucky Mizzou on the road. Will finish between 3rd and 5th in SEC East this year. Our defense will rate about 9th in SEC not 14th as some chuckleheads are predicting. We should easily score an average of 14 more points per game than last season, maybe 21 with cupcakes thrown in. Schedule is good for us with 8 home games.

FL. Hard team to rate. Their defense will be better but by how much? Offense will take a step back, lost too many stars. I think there are some question marks about run blocking but I'm not an expert here. I think they finish 2nd unless they slip up to 3rd. Georgia will be to topple this year.

Alabama. Push, vulnerable early in the season. Will beat just about anybody at the end of the year.

Ole Miss. Overrated. They still have the worst defense in the SEC and just lost a starter for the season.

Texas A& M. Underrated. They brought back a ton of talent and QB is only question mark. Great depth to go blow by blow with bama.

South Carolina. Overrated at 5th, push at 6th. They bring back a sucky defense. Beamer and OC have never called plays before. Great RB but subpar QB.

Oklahoma. Push. They will be a force to reckon with thanks to the transfer portal.

Clemson. IDK what they are rated but they won't be as good as last year.

Ohio stank: They could be a force to reckon with. They own Midwest recruiting and me-she-can.

Georgia: The Transfer portal and recruiting Champions: It's now or never for them. I suspect they will win the SEC and first playoff game and then choke out.

Last edited:
Clemson’s defense from last year was very young. I expect them to be very good this year. The offense was hit hard, but I think the O will be set a little more run first but the QB has skills. Definitely should be playoff good and possibly champ game good.

VN Store

Back