Over/under on SEC wins

Did you see that Mizzou team in October or November? They were far better team and would run us off the field. The first 2-3 games for any first-year coach are a challenge. This is why I don't like our chances against Pittsburgh even though they are a beatable team.

Missouri has not been an easy win for Tennessee since joining the SEC. They have a winning record against us. I think UT fans are constantly underestimating them (and the SEC in general).
Think the weather favors UT against Pitt. Difference in temps/humidity during summer/fall camps play a role. They will be dropping like flies with cramps. Noon game at Neyland in the heat? Give me UT

I’d count SC Vandy MSU and possibly TN as wins for them, they give UF (heck) every year and has them beat there 2 years ago (after winning against them the previous years). I have them 4-4 but 5-3 is possible if everything falls in their favor against a team they are underdogs against, hard to guess how good LSU will be.

Kentucky's best team of the last 30+ years was their 2018 squad, and they still only managed 5-3 in SEC play. I just don't see this roster being as or more productive than the 2018 squad, especially with a new OC whose only experience as a college OC is two years at Maine.
2021 Kentucky Wildcats Football Depth Chart | Ourlads.com

Who knows though, maybe Liam Coen is a phenom just waiting for his chance show out as an OC.

Reactions: volfaninky
Kentucky's best team of the last 30+ years was their 2018 squad, and they still only managed 5-3 in SEC play. I just don't see this roster being as or more productive than the 2018 squad, especially with a new OC whose only experience as a college OC is two years at Maine.
2021 Kentucky Wildcats Football Depth Chart | Ourlads.com

Who knows though, maybe Liam Coen is a phenom just waiting for his chance show out as an OC.
Good post, that’s the million dollar question, their offense and health at the QB position. They’ve had ridiculous injuries at that position, if they could find a consistent offense, they might squeak out 5 SEC wins.

Good post, that’s the million dollar question, their offense and health at the QB position. They’ve had ridiculous injuries at that position, if they could find a consistent offense, they might squeak out 5 SEC wins.

Not going to lie, didn't even know who Gatewood's backup was before I looked at the roster on Ourlads. They better drill that oline on protection all summer long.

Reactions: secking
I just don't see Kentucky getting to 5 SEC wins with their schedule. They have to run a gauntlet of Florida, LSU, and Georgia, before Mississippi State and then us. Even with a bye week afterwards, coming off three straight losses in physical games is going to take its toll on them, they'll screw around lose to Mississippi State or us.

kentucky.png
Agreed. Their schedule is tough and it is difficult to imagine them losing as many of their best players as they did and being as good. They are not a "plug and play" program.

Think the weather favors UT against Pitt. Difference in temps/humidity during summer/fall camps play a role. They will be dropping like flies with cramps. Noon game at Neyland in the heat? Give me UT

I hope you are right. UK will not go 4-4 in the SEC. 3-5 is probably their best case scenario.

Did you see that Mizzou team in October or November? They were far better team and would run us off the field. The first 2-3 games for any first-year coach are a challenge. This is why I don't like our chances against Pittsburgh even though they are a beatable team.

Missouri has not been an easy win for Tennessee since joining the SEC. They have a winning record against us. I think UT fans are constantly underestimating them (and the SEC in general).
We played Missouri in October and beat them and the Missouri team that got blown out by Georgia and Miss St to end the season.

Honestly, the OP is way off. There are more wins than possible for the schools listed. Vandy should be at least 0.5. Tennessee should be 2.5. Kentucky should be lower. Some of the bottom feeders in the West should be lower. Perhaps he is including OOC games in the wins, not sure. If that is the case, Alabama and Georgia need more wins.
There is one half-win too many in the OP - set Vandy to 1 and the math works.

Vols fans are kidding themselves if they think we are anywhere close to be favored against Missouri and Ole Miss. Missouri wins 8/9 games, book it. They will be #3 in SEC East and are closer to Florida/Georgia in competitivity than they are the rest of the SEC East. Tennessee would have stood a better chance against Ole Miss last year. A year 2 Ole Miss will be more mature with Kiffin's system than a year 1 Tennessee team will be with Huepel's system. Had the years been reversed, I would favor Tennessee. Ole Miss vs. Tennessee will be a shootout though :).

8/9 for Mizzou is a bit high...our DB situation is a issue. We are pretty young at that spot and must replace some dang good Safeties. LB corp. is just Ok. DL could be better at least a Push. Our offense should be strong though we could be in a lot of shootouts if the Def. is not better, on Offense we upgraded our WR spot, we return our QB who was Salty last year and RB should still be solid. The OL is returning everyone but a OT who is being replaced by a previous starter from the year before who was out with a injury so the OL could be a strength.. I'd say 5-8 wins is more realistic. But I'd take your prediction in a heartbeat.

I wouldn’t favor us against MIZZOU or Ole miss either but those games are not definite losses like UGA, UF, or Bama. JG was the QB of our team last year with Pruitt as coach and we beat the tigers by multiple TDs.

You are correct.....Mizzou vs Tenn is a Push game.

I'll put money down that A&M dont win six SEC games.

I heard some Tx guy report on them this week on the radio and they gotta replace their QB, 4 of 5 OL and WRs.....thats a tough job with some of the games they are staring at. They get Bama at home which means they'll get bitchslapped in front of the home crowd.

7-5 We will score a lot of points this year, especially as the season moves along. We will beat Vandy, USCe, Missou, and and Kentucky. We will have a chance against Ole Miss and maybe Florida. The one I want to win the most is Georgia. I would not complain if we lost to Ole Miss and Kentucky if we would beat Georgia.

You stated that Missouri was far better team in November. They beat bad teams and got blown out in last two games so explain to me how much better they were at the end of the year.

UGA was just a better team....the Miss st. game well we basically had no secondary do to covid. We ended up playing Shawn Robinson at Safety who started the Year as our QB. We elected to play that game to compete. But we where pretty short handed. Now with that said I won't go so far as to say Mizzou was a far better team than Ten. But I think the game would of been more competitive than the early one.

Reactions: volbound1700
7-5 We will score a lot of points this year, especially as the season moves along. We will beat Vandy, USCe, Missou, and and Kentucky. We will have a chance against Ole Miss and maybe Florida. The one I want to win the most is Georgia. I would not complain if we lost to Ole Miss and Kentucky if we would beat Georgia.
Not happening, they are loaded. I expect them to choke against Bama and maybe Clemson but not against us.

There is one half-win too many in the OP - set Vandy to 1 and the math works.
This is for betting purposes, it doesn't have to even out. The fact that it doesn't is just the bookies trying to even out the bets in light of the inherent delusions of most team's fans.

Reactions: VAVol85
Not going to lie, didn't even know who Gatewood's backup was before I looked at the roster on Ourlads. They better drill that oline on protection all summer long.

Those guys are ranked higher than most of our current recruiting class.

Not happening, they are loaded. I expect them to choke against Bama and maybe Clemson but not against us.
I don't "expect" us to beat Georgia this year. However, strange things do occur. I was just saying that I dislike Georgia so much that I would be willing to give up a couple of wins for that to happen. I didn't expect that we would win the Arkansas game in the 1998 championship season when we were behind with less than two minutes to go and Arkansas had the ball and we had no time outs, but we did win. One can always hope and we are in a position where we need to hope a lot. By the way, I am really impressed by the new coaching staff and how they are leading the team, changing the attitude of the players, and their approach to recruiting. I am convinced that our football team will be better than most people believe. Attitude is changing and that will produce better results.

Those guys are ranked higher than most of our current recruiting class.

You probably should have refamiliarized yourself with our 2021 recruiting class before posting.

Even if it were an accurate statement, why would you compare Kentucky's current backup QBs to any other position than the QBs that we currently have on the roster?

Harrison Bailey, Tennessee, Quarterback

Hendon Hooker, Tennessee, Quarterback

Brian Maurer, Tennessee, Quarterback

Kaidon Salter, Tennessee, Quarterback

Reactions: 508mikey
You probably should have refamiliarized yourself with our 2021 recruiting class before posting.

Even if it were an accurate statement, why would you compare Kentucky's current backup QBs to any other position than the QBs that we currently have on the roster?

Harrison Bailey, Tennessee, Quarterback

Hendon Hooker, Tennessee, Quarterback

Brian Maurer, Tennessee, Quarterback

Kaidon Salter, Tennessee, Quarterback
Current = 2022. And it is an accurate statement.

Any team, including Bama will be hard pressed to slow down Ole Miss offense this year. Sure their D is bad, but your offense has to keep pace with theirs which will rack up yards and points every weekend. If any team has questions on offense, mark that game as a probable loss. MSU under the pirate may/likely will have some games where they are hard to beat as well. Those two schools should not be marked as a likely win for any team not named Bama, aTm, UGA and most likely UF and LSU.
As for Auburn, I don’t think anyone knows what to expect this year from them, they have talent enough to compete with anyone if the coaching is right. Lastly, until the rest of the pack shows they are better than UK is lately, those schools can’t mark that game as a win yet either.

Ark, Mizzou and UT can and will beat some of the 6-14 ranked teams, but those games are rightfully considered toss ups until played. SC may join those 3 in that discussion, they are not devoid of talent and bring back the best rushing attack in the Sec from last season. Their D prob improves, can’t get any worse.

Hammered the Mizzou line, that’s taking easy money. Have them 5-3 in conference and 9-3 overall. AU/USC, AU should get to 4-4 and SC should get 2 SEC wins but iffy. Under on Vandy. Under on UF. Push on UT and UGA, under on Bama.

If you take the under on Florida, it means they most likely lost to UGA/LSU/Bama. With that scenario, where do you see UGA's one loss coming from (with them as a push at 7?) Or do you think UF beats UGA and takes another L somewhere else?

VN Store

Back