Outback bowl vs. Minnesota?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A New Year's Day bowl in FL would be a blessing. Ditto a Gator Bowl game in prime time. Back in October the odds of making either were surely 1-in-100.
Anybody disappointed in not drawing Mich or PSU....c'mon, don't be like that...

This is a flat out amazing development if it happens...great closing tool before early signing day. New Years Day ESPN game and beaches in Florida ..And outcome is not a big deal since signing will be over before the game

May have already been said, but Alabama's loss pushes other teams down in the bowl pecking order, so probably best UT can get is Music City Bowl, which matches up with ACC.

A New Year's Day bowl in FL would be a blessing. Ditto a Gator Bowl game in prime time. Back in October the odds of making either were surely 1-in-100.
Anybody disappointed in not drawing Mich or PSU....c'mon, don't be like that...

That would be amazing. Who would have thought after game 2 that we'd get a New Years Day Bowl game? In fact, if we were projecting 2019 last summer, I'd have to say that a New Year's Day Bowl would have qualified as a best case scenario in a realistic world.

The Northwestern game was amazing in Tampa. I would love to go back. We were sitting around a few purple-clad fans and they were talking so much trash before the game. They left before the half with our whole section singing them to the exits. NA NA NA NA, HEY HEY HEY, GOODBYE!!!

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Why would anyone want their opponent to be as motivated as possible? Is it weak that we don’t give everyone on our schedule locker room material every week?

Bc it’s more fun that way, man. That’s the spirit of competition and that’s the way it’s supposed to be. Not just having your opponent roll over and die. No actual competitors want that unless they’re just scared of their own shadow.

As a fan, I can see why you’d want a guaranteed win assuming that’s what would be best for the program. And 10 years from now no one will remember if we beat a listless team or a motivated team but I personally just can’t get on board with that way of thinking. I want the Vols to earn it.

I was reading the Minnesota message boards and they aren't thrilled with a Tennessee team. They would rather play a more significant team historically. I just thought I'd mention that they think way more of the Floridas, Auburns, and Texas A&Ms than they do of us. How is that for perspective? We are not Alabama and are a down team. We aren't seen as a traditional power any more than Kentucky is at this point. Be happy we earned a bowl and hope for a good match up wherever that may be.

Reactions: RollerVol
well, we could use another Big Ten bowl win to add to our list...they're a pretty team...after we beat them we might end up in the Top 25...see another good reason to play them....I say bring it on...:D

GO BIG ORANGE...BEAT ANYBODY WHO SHOWS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
May have already been said, but Alabama's loss pushes other teams down in the bowl pecking order, so probably best UT can get is Music City Bowl, which matches up with ACC.
Tell that to the Florida bowls who are pushing for UT.

I was reading the Minnesota message boards and they aren't thrilled with a Tennessee team. They would rather play a more significant team historically. I just thought I'd mention that they think way more of the Floridas, Auburns, and Texas A&Ms than they do of us. How is that for perspective? We are not Alabama and are a down team. We aren't seen as a traditional power any more than Kentucky is at this point. Be happy we earned a bowl and hope for a good match up wherever that may be.

How much pride can you really have in a team called the "golden gophers"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back