Out of conference schedule

zjcvols

"On a Tennessee saturday night."
Staff member
While getting back into the basketball groove for our Volunteers, I noticed our OOC schedule is stacked with a lot of intriguing games. Playing Georgia Tech early, a game against Louisville, potentially Kansas, along with playing Gonzaga in Phoenix plus going to Memphis to renew an old rivalry. Which OOC game are you looking forward too?

Reactions: sport3500
While getting back into the basketball groove for our Volunteers, I noticed our OOC schedule is stacked with a lot of intriguing games. Playing Georgia Tech early, a game against Louisville, potentially Kansas, along with playing Gonzaga in Phoenix plus going to Memphis to renew an old rivalry. Which OOC game are you looking forward too?
Gotta love the chance to play Kansas early on. There’s a possibility they are #1, so it’ll give us a chance at the top spot.

Louisville. Hands down.

Reactions: The Dog
Kansas will be a nice early-season litmus test for our team. In an early season matchup, Tennessee definitely has the experience and chemistry advantage over KU, while KU would have the overall talent and size advantage. It would be a great game if it were to happen.

Reactions: 1985Vols
Louisville or Kansas for me. But the most interesting battle is going to be team chemistry. Guys wanting more playing time and not getting it. We dont need any type of cancer this year. It could be our first real shot at a final four.

Last edited:
Gotta love having Kansas and Memphis back on the schedule, these Vols have a chance to be special...

Gotta love having Kansas and Memphis back on the schedule, these Vols have a chance to be special...
They can indeed be a special team, but lordie this is a brutal OOC schedule! Unfortunately, we aren't going to sneak up on anyone with the success of last year. We might be a better team this year, with the same or perhaps worse record.

Be awesome to seem them play Kansas early on. Also I like the fact we will be playing Memphis. I will never forget beating them back in 2011 at home. Great atmosphere , Awesome game.

Don't forget about West Virginia also, where I am hoping we get some revenge for what they did to our football team.

But, without a doubt it has to be Louisville. While I hear they are a bit down compared to usual, you get a W there and you put us in a great position to play another talented team (hopefully Kansas) and set the tone for the year

We need to get the jump on Memphis and blow them out before Penny gets rolling in the recruiting game. It’s just a matter of time before he has Memphis rolling again.

Reactions: feathersax
We need to get the jump on Memphis and blow them out before Penny gets rolling in the recruiting game. It’s just a matter of time before he has Memphis rolling again.
We aren't going to be successful recruiting in Memphis regardless. We could beat Memphis 30 straight times and Memphis kids will still go to UofM. No recruiting wars to really be won for the good guys as it relates to Penny and Co.

Reactions: feathersax
Can't wait to pay Louisville back for that smack-down they gave us back in 08! My best friend is a Louisville fan, so I need for us to get the W. If this game wasn't the day before Thanksgiving I'd love to go up to NYC and see it.

Penny is going to have to learn to coach on the job. We will see how that goes.

I’m sure he will do well in recruiting.

VN Store

Back