OUR VERY OWN CANDACE PARKER !!

You lost me on this one. Can you help an old man out? What UConn propaganda is there in the WNBA? I guess there are multiple UConn players on those three teams?
Yes, Multiple UConn players on those teams except for Phoenix but that's Taurasi's team.

Last edited:
Parker was left off both the WNBA all defensive team and second team. First time in history the AP DPOY wasn’t selected to either team. I feel like the WNBA and women’s basketball establishment stay disrespecting Candace. She has accomplished so much in-spite of all the old white men standing in her way. Seems like she gets branded as “unfriendly” because she stands up for herself and doesn’t pretend to be happy-go-lucky. She has opinions and she shares them. Will always love her, don’t think she gets the respect she deserves for what she’s done for the sport. Can not wait to watch her grow as an analyst. She has a great personality, strong opinions and gets right after it with the guys.

Parker was left off both the WNBA all defensive team and second team. First time in history the AP DPOY wasn’t selected to either team. I feel like the WNBA and women’s basketball establishment stay disrespecting Candace. She has accomplished so much in-spite of all the old white men standing in her way. Seems like she gets branded as “unfriendly” because she stands up for herself and doesn’t pretend to be happy-go-lucky. She has opinions and she shares them. Will always love her, don’t think she gets the respect she deserves for what she’s done for the sport. Can not wait to watch her grow as an analyst. She has a great personality, strong opinions and gets right after it with the guys.
Congrats to Candace for winning DPOY! She deserved it. But being left off 1st & 2nd teams is a head scratcher.

This is why I never believe in this type of committee selection even at ESPN Gurlz rank. A player can rank 85 later plays like #1... Candace just come and be Kellie assistant.

Reactions: VolBall09
Here is a Thread published by somebody who highlights all the disrespect Candace Parker has received in her Career because its getting ridiculous at this point.

Thread by @JasTayler on Thread Reader App

Reactions: VolBall09
Here it is on twitter:

you hear things like oh parker is just being sensitive or she is just being a diva when she gets snubbed but seeing the facts when they are laid out it’s hard to believe the amount of disrespect she has received. i know she is a commentator for TNT and she does a great job at that but she has that Summitt type drive that i would love to see on the sideline. Yes, not every great bball player makes a good coach but i would love to see her give it a try!

Here is a Thread published by somebody who highlights all the disrespect Candace Parker has received in her Career because its getting ridiculous at this point.

Thread by @JasTayler on Thread Reader App

Yes. I still think Geno keeping her off the 2016 Olympic team was one of the most racist, sexist happenings in the sport. Ever. The fact that an old, white, man could unilaterally keep a generational talent from an accomplishment she earned is totally ridiculous.

You can say what you want but we all know he was the reason she was left off. The fact that Stewart made the team as a rookie was complete BS. Candace revolutionized women’s basketball and paved the way for players like Stewart to play face-up basketball. No Candace, no Stewie.

Last edited:
Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Yes. I still think Geno keeping her off the 2016 Olympic team was one of the most racist, sexist happenings in the sport. Ever. The fact that an old, white, man could unilaterally keep a generational talent from an accomplishment she earned is totally ridiculous.

You can say what you want but we all know he was the reason she was left off. The fact that Stewart made the team as a rookie was complete BS. Candace revolutionized women’s basketball and paved the way for players like Stewart to play face-up basketball. No Candace, no Stewie.
And who paved the way for Candace? She was a great player but there were a number of great players who helped pave the way, including two Tennessee players who played on the teams that won three straight NC, a team that increased my interest in WBB.

Yes. I still think Geno keeping her off the 2016 Olympic team was one of the most racist, sexist happenings in the sport. Ever.

Geno snubbing Candace was a d!ck move; calling it racist is a stretch considering there were 7 black players on the team. Calling it sexist is weirder because it's a women's team.

Say what you will about Stewart. She deserved to be there and she's proving it with her success as a pro. Just like Candace deserved to be there as a rookie. The player who took the spot that should have gone to Candace was Tina Charles...who is basically a poor man's version of CP.

Geno snubbing Candace was a d!ck move; calling it racist is a stretch considering there were 7 black players on the team. Calling it sexist is weirder because it's a women's team.

Say what you will about Stewart. She deserved to be there and she's proving it with her success as a pro. Just like Candace deserved to be there as a rookie. The player who took the spot that should have gone to Candace was Tina Charles...who is basically a poor man's version of CP.
I like Tina Charles and her game but, is she really good enough to be called even a poor man's version of Parker?

I like Tina Charles and her game but, is she really good enough to be called even a poor man's version of Parker?

I don't mean to be harsh towards Tina, but she's basically Candace...except Candace does everything better. Plus Candace can do a bunch of stuff that Tina can't. On paper, I have no issue with Tina being on the team because she is a really great player in her own right. But objectively, she doesn't deserve to be picked over Candace, and I can't think of any good reason why she was...other than the fact that Geno coached her in college.

Reactions: xtpsrh08123
Good afternoon to all.. I love watching the WNBA and there’s no doubt how talented Candace Parker is, but leading the league in rebounds at 6’5 is not hard to do, and really defensive In my opinion leading the league in blocks and steals should matter, in which neither was she in the top 5. What was the AP voters looking at. I’m just asking.

Good afternoon to all.. I love watching the WNBA and there’s no doubt how talented Candace Parker is, but leading the league in rebounds at 6’5 is not hard to do, and really defensive In my opinion leading the league in blocks and steals should matter, in which neither was she in the top 5. What was the AP voters looking at. I’m just asking.
I don't think it's just the stats. It's also her ability to alter or prevent inside shots, deny entry passes, provide help defense, guard perimeter players. Griner blocks shots, but that's about all she did on defense this season. Candace was fantastic this season in all aspects...much more than in previous years.

I don't think it's just the stats. It's also her ability to alter or prevent inside shots, deny entry passes, provide help defense, guard perimeter players. Griner blocks shots, but that's about all she did on defense this season. Candace was fantastic this season in all aspects...much more than in previous years.

VN Store

Back