Our schedule is very favorable for a big year next season

Bama will reload and won’t be down. Beating them is Bryant Denny is gonna be really tough. The Georgia game? Another automatic loss. Hopefully we are more competitive this year.
Yeah but I bet you said Bama was an automatic loss this year too. With these coaches I wouldn’t say anything is an automatic loss, especially at home. That’s Pruitt-time talk. I’d give us at least a 20% at home against anyone. Until we see how these teams look next year we won’t know if our chances will be better than that or not.

Likely 8-4 next year not having hooker will be the biggest loss. Hopefully Milton will ball out and we overachieve again next year but likely 8-4 or 9-3 next year.

Just looked at the schedule for next year for my first time and what stands out to me is 8 home games vs 4 on the road. And yes, I consider playing VA in Nashvegas a HG, as Vol fans will dominate the stadium. We should take 3 outta 4 on the road and maybe, maybe lose one home game. Neyland is going to be the hottest ticket in college and pro sports in the Southeast next year and would expect Game Day to be on hand for Georgia and perhaps TA&M. So darn happy we got Coach Heupel. I don't even think he had expectations this high, so soon!

1673196297958.png

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Agree if

1. The bowl game Joe Milton is the real deal. He's improved since stepping on campus. Looked poised and showed touch on his throws in the bowl game and against Vandy. Feel pretty good that he's turned the corner.

2. Improvement from the DB's. No where to go but up. Hopefully, some new players will give better results.
It really all comes down to Joe, and whether he takes another step forward in development.

Even the end-of-2022 Joe is probably not enough for us to win 10+ next year. Orange Bowl Joe is good for 20-40 points per game. We won't win 10+ in that range. We need him to become 2023 Joe, leading the offense to 40-60 per game. At that rate, yes, we'll be 10+ wins next year.

And the defensive backfield doesn't even have to get significantly better (though we all fervently hope that they do). Even if everything else on the team remains about the same as it was in 2022, if Joe steps up, we're at 10+.

The flip side is not true. Even with a significantly improved defensive backfield, we're not likely to win 10+ if early-2022 Joe returns.

So it's really all about his progress and development. Joey Halzle and Josh Heupel going to earn everything we can throw at them if they can QB-whisper young Milton into excellence this off-season.

Go Vols!

A lot is going to hinge on how Joe does. If he builds on that Orange Bowl performance then 10 is possible. I’m thinking 9-3 though.

I am only expecting the same thing CJH has shown the last two seasons. Take the fight to your opponents for 60 minutes. Continue to show that the university of Tennessee is a place that kids want to come to. The rest of the "other" things will sort themselves out.

Regardless of who the QB is he want have the feet of Young and hopefully the plays he pulled out of his Arse want be there next season.

I’m expecting another 10+ win regular season again next year.
Stooooooop. We have not reached the point to start expecting 10+ win seasons. We still need to do roster flipping especially on D side and time for freshmen to develop and get coached up.

Personally, next 2 years I'm happy with 8+ wins. After that the roster should have been completely flipped and filled back up from our huge shortage of players, and we should be rolling and expecting those 10 wins + if these coaches can evaluate, recruit, and coach.

Take it one game at a time! I think D will keep improving. I looked at schedule, like the way it plays out. In the meantime let’s go win the SEC title again in Basketball 🏀 and Baseball ⚾️. Next fall go for the SEC sports slam! 😎👍

Same. We have to go to Tuscaloosa, Gainesville, Lexington, and Columbia. Georgia will be a tall task, even at home. Texas A&M will be no walk in the park either. I'm not quite sure how the OP thinks the schedule is favorable. I would not at all be shocked at a 9-3 or even 8-4 type of season.

we aren’t going to Columbia. Cocks gotta come to Knoxville.

Stooooooop. We have not reached the point to start expecting 10+ win seasons. We still need to do roster flipping especially on D side and time for freshmen to develop and get coached up.

Personally, next 2 years I'm happy with 8+ wins. After that the roster should have been completely flipped and filled back up from our huge shortage of players, and we should be rolling and expecting those 10 wins + if these coaches can evaluate, recruit, and coach.

You stop. We have the talent and favorable schedule to hit 10 wins.

Reactions: Caculator
Same. We have to go to Tuscaloosa, Gainesville, Lexington, and Columbia. Georgia will be a tall task, even at home. Texas A&M will be no walk in the park either. I'm not quite sure how the OP thinks the schedule is favorable. I would not at all be shocked at a 9-3 or even 8-4 type of season.
8-4 will be a disappointment after this season. Like others said we will need better D and solid play from Milton to win 10 again. We lose a huge amount of points to the NFL.

We have a very favoravle schedule next year with away games at Florida and Alabama (both teams will be down next year). Our non conference schedule is pretty easy. This should set up a huge game against Georgia on November 18th. Will be biggest game of the year!
I was thinking the exact same thing!

The team will have some holes to fill next year and the defense will need to improve for us to make a run to Atlanta. Road games at Florida are never easy, no matter how bad UF appeared to be this year. Then there's that road game at Bryant Denny.
If this defense isn’t massively improved then Banks has to go. Bringing back a lot at every position. Plus adding depth. The transfer LB from BYU shoukd add a ton of experience and leadership. Beasley had taken him game up a level. Got to get the DB thing solved. Defense line will be experienced and deep. The more stops, the more opportunities for the offense. Will the offense be as good? Probably not, but it can still be best in the SEC.

Bama is gonna be angry . They will try to destroy Tn.
With whom? Other than being angry, why will they destroy Us.? which position are they improving? Not quarterback. I’d be surprised if they improve at running back. Wideout they should. OLine we’ll see. Linebackers? Nope. Secondary needs to improve, but they’ve been suspect for a while. I don’t see them being more dynamic on offense losing Young, Gibbs and an overrated transfer from UGA. Maybe addition by subtraction when Saban shakes up the staff.

Just looked at the schedule for next year for my first time and what stands out to me is 8 home games vs 4 on the road. And yes, I consider playing VA in Nashvegas a HG, as Vol fans will dominate the stadium. We should take 3 outta 4 on the road and maybe, maybe lose one home game. Neyland is going to be the hottest ticket in college and pro sports in the Southeast next year and would expect Game Day to be on hand for Georgia and perhaps TA&M. So darn happy we got Coach Heupel. I don't even think he had expectations this high, so soon!

10-2.

Only losses to Bama and Georgia..maybe.

VN Store

Back