Our part as fans..

VFL 24/7

Legend
Finally we have a highly ranked sports program that we can get behind. If you're able to make it to TBA tonight for the first game, do it. Tickets are cheap for basketball, and this team deserves full support from VN. We as a fanbase need to show this team the same level of support we show our football program. I know we are labeled as a "football school", but there is 0 reason we can't be great at both. Pack TBA tonight and get behind Ricky B and this team all season and show the college basketball world that not only is our team a force, but our home court of 20k+ can be a Neyland type atmosphere. Go Vols

We were ranked 8th in attendance last year. Its a non issue

Only Tennessee and Louisville were Top 10 in both mens and women

Finally we have a highly ranked sports program that we can get behind. If you're able to make it to TBA tonight for the first game, do it. Tickets are cheap for basketball, and this team deserves full support from VN. We as a fanbase need to show this team the same level of support we show our football program. I know we are labeled as a "football school", but there is 0 reason we can't be great at both. Pack TBA tonight and get behind Ricky B and this team all season and show the college basketball world that not only is our team a force, but our home court of 20k+ can be a Neyland type atmosphere. Go Vols

Amen brother...I'm on my way right after dinner!

FWIW attendance was announced at 16K plus. Visually it looked to 10 to 12K, not nearly full.

FWIW attendance was announced at 16K plus. Visually it looked to 10 to 12K, not nearly full.
Ha, yeah definitely not 16k bodies... I would honestly be shocked if 10. The ushers waved everyone down from the upper 300s down to the lower rows and 200 level after the first timeout. My son and I (along with many others) walked down to center court and grabbed great seats about 10" in. We eventually made it to the first row by late in the game, at his request :)

I mean I wasn't there, but on TV by the 10:00 mark or so in the first half it looked a lot better than earlier games usually look.

TBA has still yet to be full consistently to the rafters like Bruce had it. We have a better team and a national title contender. Hopefully sellouts start happening now.

I was there. I thought it was a very good crowd for the 2st game against a very out matched opponent.

Ha, yeah definitely not 16k bodies... I would honestly be shocked if 10. The ushers waved everyone down from the upper 300s down to the lower rows and 200 level after the first timeout. My son and I (along with many others) walked down to center court and grabbed great seats about 10" in. We eventually made it to the first row by late in the game, at his request :)
You do realize TBA sets 20,000+? I was at the game and we were surprised how many fans were there, estimate about 14-15,000. Probably more than any team in the country would have had besides UK or UNC for this game

Reactions: VolsSportsFan
I'll be driving down for a couple of games this year. Definitely for the UK game, probably the WVU game, and maybe another Saturday game (Florida maybe?)... I can't make the weekday games.

Reactions: IndianapolisVol
I was there, as I have been often over the years. It was a good crowd for a Tuesday game against a cupcake. Sure it wasn't a Kentucky game crowd or UNC last year, but it was a good turnout. I bought an upper level ticket for $5 outside the stadium, assuming that as usual they would tell everyone they could come down to the lower level pretty quickly. Sure enough, the ushers said you could move down at 15:00 on the clock in the first half.

It was a great show for $5, ended up sitting with some friends at their season tickets seats in the loge section at center court. TBA is a great experience in virtually every seat in the house. If you have never been, I definitely encourage you to go check it out. Taking a family of four to a football game is going to cost you $200+ even against a DII school by the time you get tickets and parking and a snack or two in the stadium. You can easily get that for $60 or less for a great experience at TBA.

Reactions: 1985Vols
I was there, as I have been often over the years. It was a good crowd for a Tuesday game against a cupcake. Sure it wasn't a Kentucky game crowd or UNC last year, but it was a good turnout. I bought an upper level ticket for $5 outside the stadium, assuming that as usual they would tell everyone they could come down to the lower level pretty quickly. Sure enough, the ushers said you could move down at 15:00 on the clock in the first half.

It was a great show for $5, ended up sitting with some friends at their season tickets seats in the loge section at center court. TBA is a great experience in virtually every seat in the house. If you have never been, I definitely encourage you to go check it out. Taking a family of four to a football game is going to cost you $200+ even against a DII school by the time you get tickets and parking and a snack or two in the stadium. You can easily get that for $60 or less for a great experience at TBA.
And you generally don't leave disappointed, hat in hand, wondering why you pay so much money each Saturday to watch such a crap show.

I heard for the Louisiana game Friday, u can buy a $10 ticket for the Lady Vols/ Louisville, NCAA Tourney soccer game and also get into the basketball game. Nice deal and the have a shuttle. Soccer game at 5 and basketball game at 7, I think. Pensky was on 990 and said Callaway/WR and Grant Williams are huge LV soccer games and are at all home games, if possible

VN Store

Back